Thread: deflector shield not working

deflector shield not working

i've got a ql12 deflection shield that requires 60 parry; i have parry 70, and the shield installed in my utils. i have also dropped it into my shortcut bar, but everytime i try to use it (directly or from shortcut bar) i get the message "you are unable to perform this action. please check item." everything looks fine, but i cannot get this or another deflection shield to work.

this problem was also referenced in this thread, but no conclusion was ever drawn: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...flector+shield

Any guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-street-
    Last edited by street; Nov 6th, 2002 at 06:52:50.

This thread got "Beacon Warped" to the Game-Play bugs forum, I assume by an admin of the bulletin board. So if this is indeed a bug, can I get some feedback from FC on the status of a solution? Such as:

• Is this a known bug?
    • Does it affect a lot of people, or just a lucky few?
    • Is it being worked on?
    • And is there a ETA for a fix?

This is a most aggravating bug as I really need the deflector shields to help against certain types of attacks. Whoa is me.

BTW. anyone else out there experiencing this? Any known work arounds that may resolve it?

FC, I understand the existence of pesky little bugs that inhabit the software cityscape, especially in software as complex as an online client/server game, and can be patient with such problems. But PLEASE communicate the status of this problem so that we can at least have some expectations, either good or bad.

Thanks for your attention.

-street-
    Last edited by street; Nov 7th, 2002 at 18:22:20.

Are you using a ranged weapon? Deflect shields won't work if you have a ranged weapon equipped (which sucks for agents). If you were using a melee or unarmed, then I don't know what's wrong.

Red face

Oh nooooooo. I am using ranged weapons!

And I just looked back at the item description and it says very plainly "not when wearing distance weapons". Egad.

FC - I've taken the liberty of answering my questions for you:

• Is this a known bug? YES! But its in the end user, not the software.
    • Does it affect a lot of people, or just a lucky few? Just you dufus. (Hey, that's a bit harsh!)
    • Is it being worked on? We are looking into canceling your subscription.
    • And is there a ETA for a fix? Genetic engineering opens up some possibilities, but its a few years down the road.

-street-