Thread: What's the Opifex breed advantage again?

What's the Opifex breed advantage again?

Firstly, I'd just like to say that I'm not complaining about my Opifex characters, I like them just fine. And secondly, I'm putting this here because "Game Mechanics" seems about the best place for it.

Ok, disclaimers aside, I'm wondering exactly what the Opifex is supposed to have as a breed advantage.

Is it their hitpoints? No way. They've always seemed a bit more fragile than Solitus, so there's no problem here. Atrox obviously have more hp, even moreso after 14.6. Opifex get more hp than Nano, no surprise there. But HP definitely isn't it.

Is it a slight nano advantage? Small surprise, no. Opifex get less nano than Solitus, for some reason. Not a huge amount less, couple of hundred points differene by L200, but it's there.

What about abilities then? Ok, Opifex get two green abilities, just like Atrox and Nanomage. They get one dark blue as opposed to two, which is kind of nice, except for the fact that it's Stamina, but I can deal with that. They're the second cheapest breed to max out (and if Atrox didn't have those low Int/Sen/Psy caps, they'd be the cheapest). If you max them out, they also get more total ability points than any other breed.

I guess I've answered my own question, if you max out the breed's abilities, Opifexes tend to be pretty cheap for a lot of ability points. Slightly lower Str and Int than a Solitus, and a reasonable hit to Psychic, so the whole IP/Ability thing doesn't seem like much.

Ah well, like I said, I'm not complaining, just curious if that's it
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Arrow

~150k more IP to blow than solitus in the end. Matters more with some classes than others. With traders, I know I could blow 500k more IP and get good use out of it at lev 200 easily.

Only 1 dark ability.
    Very high agil cap. (544)
    Stamina cap is same as solitus. (480)
    Intel cap is almost as high, so their nanos don't suck. (464)

Something like -200 life/nano from solitus in the end.

Fair trade imo.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Flexibility. Bonus IP to spend and no severe handicaps like Nano or Atrox. An Opi can basically be anything they want.

Opifex are very nice. Agility and Sense feed alot of commonly used skills. Look at the the speed and ranged skill sections, they're slightly harder to hit, run faster, and do slightly more damage than the other breeds. They're great for twinking because you get more ip, a bit more treatment, and lots of implants require Agility. Int is kindof a pain because it caps so low but you really only need 551 int to equip the highest things and 404 for ql 200 implants.

Ask an Atrox sometime about Sense, they all hate it because they keep seeing messages that their base ability is too low.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Atrox are generally most optimal at low levels, when str/sta are the most important abilities; easy to twink, good gear to wear, so on.

Solitus are pretty even throughout, as is their design.

Opis really come into their own later in life, when their higher breedcaps and cheaper abilities give players a fair deal more IP to play with.

Nanos.... man, I wish I knew.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Flexibility thanks to IP, thought it'd be something like this. Thanks for the responses
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Nanomage, be all you can't be.

Anyone want to buy useless nanopoints that I don't need?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Cause you all have the coolest avatars.
    ~Chris

Yep, opi are dead seksay.

Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.