Thread: who is this?

Lightbulb who is this?

Anyone know who this is?

http://stoompage.tripod.com/

(Hint: It s not santaclaus, but in the netherlands we are celebrating the arrival of this saint)

Saint Nicholas alias Santa Claus.

I don't speak Norweign, but Sinterklaas is obvious, plus the links go to a Sinter Nicholas page.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Originally posted by hobbes
    Saint Nicholas alias Santa Claus.

I don't speak Norweign, but Sinterklaas is obvious, plus the links go to a Sinter Nicholas page.
    Norwegian? That should have nothing to do with it.

We got these small creatures called "fjøsnisser", which are more like the elves of Santa, but they don't work for him. Guess gnomes are more matching description.
    Description picture

Nice work Skybert.

(og ikke minst morsomt)
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Originally posted by Mbutu
    Nice work Skybert.

(og ikke minst morsomt)
    it's not my work. I just asked google, and got some links I could paste in here.

I should have made a disclaimer, saying I didn't do anything creative with this. Only copy/paste.

Disclaimer: The links provided in the above posts are not made by me, or anyone I know. At least not anyone I know I know. Now, I know who I know, but the author of the linked pages may have chosen to be anonymous. I guess I didn't even bother to check. Anyway, I did not create anything here. I only asked one of my good friends (www.google.com) if he (it) knew abything about the subject, and the links were just hurled at me. I don't know who made the pages. I do not care either. They served my purpose at the time, and that's all I cared to know about them then, and that's all I care to know about them now. Spreading information by copy/pasting links to other people's material is so easy to do. But also so easy to claim to be my own work. I do not try to do that. I never have, never will. Just wanted to make that clear. Oh, btw, why is this disclaimer so long when I have this little to say? The point of disclaimers is for them to be so long that readers don't bother to read them, but I can still step away from any kind of responsibility because I can at any later time point back to this and say "I SAID" this and that back then. See? And walk away from it with my honor intact. As if I got any honor to begin with.

There!
    I should have included THAT into my first post. Pretend I did

Well you still took the time to search for it and post it.

That's work too
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Talking

Is that guy also the "UNDERWEAR GNOME"?
    Frankt
    Nemesis (RK2)

Originally posted by frankt
    Nope. Underpants gnomes are something completely different.

Step one: get the underpants!
    Step two:
    Step three: PROFIT!

Looks like the ****ing Pope to me.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Originally posted by frankt
    There's a cartoon in the Norwegian magazine "Smult" called "GNOM" that describes the Underwear Gnome quite perfectly.... Could not find any online versions of the cartoon I'm afraid (but then again, how hard did I look? :P )

There's also the book "A field guide to Goblins: The Goblin Comapnion" by Brian Froud & Terry Jones. As your culprit probably is a "Underwear Goblin" not an "Underwear Gnome"...

K.
    Last edited by Kavanagh; Nov 6th, 2002 at 15:41:38.
    Shane "Kavanagh" Sosnowski

Re: who is this?

Originally posted by salvaes
    Anyone know who this is?

http://stoompage.tripod.com/

(Hint: It s not santaclaus, but in the netherlands we are celebrating the arrival of this saint)
    LMAO!! Sinterklaas is in Nederland??! w00t
    I can't wait to get spanked by zwarte piet.