Thread: Ok here it is Multi weild in 14.6 is Borked

Ok here it is Multi weild in 14.6 is Borked

Well here is the reason why MP pets are behaving the way they do and other things are messed up.

Multi weild usualy goes like this
    1. 1st weapon attacks
    2. 1st weapon recharges as 2nd weapon attacks
    3. 2nd weapon recharges while 1st attacks
    4. go back to step 2.

Now.
    1. 1st weapon attacks
    2. 2nd weapon attacks
    3. both weapons recharge, or basicly while another attack is going on recharge stops.

This is why MP pets are so SLOW NOW. I realy feel for all multi weilders out there...
    Last edited by AkodoReign; Nov 5th, 2002 at 20:55:22.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

lol and its going live tomorrow

I guess there will be lots of pissed off duel wielders
    Killrmeta
    Veteran of Synergy Factor
    lvl 220!!!!11one MP Diety - Player since 2001

No No No

Multiwield has always worked as fire 1 fire 2 recharge both. On test you see the changes from the removal of animation.

Look at your attack bars on live and then test. You will see the same on both: fire 1, fire 2 then recharge.

Multi wielding will remain broken as is, just animation has changed to get rid of the superfluous and misleading attacks.

FC put that animation in the first place so to disguise how slow it looked when you were actually attacking. 2s/attack is damn slow.

(Alternatively, count the number of attacks/misses you see in the spam. In 30s the most attacks you get with 1/1 weps is 20 not 30!)

have to say your wrong using my MA right now /akodoreign.. one attacks one recharges one attacks one recharges. trust me you will be alot slower tommarow I don't care personaly cause the claw isnt that great after level 130 but i wanted to be sure i was right have fun guys.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

Actually...

On live, multi ranged and multi melee work differently...

With multi ranged, the attacks take turns recharging (the one stops while the other recharges bit).

With multi melee, both recharge and attack at will (neither waits for the other to do something).

This is why it currently makes more sense for a melee to dual wield than for a ranged user to do so...you don't get much more for an advantage by dual wielding ranged weapons because most people can use 1 weapon of a much higher quality (primary hand) and have to use one of a much lower quality to dual wield. Since the lower quality one slows down the higher quality one, it usually is not worth it for most classes.

Melee on the other hand does not have this problem and an extra weapon generally means extra damage.

Anywise, that has been my experience using them.

-Religion

Originally posted by Statecraft
    FC put that animation in the first place so to disguise how slow it looked when you were actually attacking. 2s/attack is damn slow.
    The reason it was put there was NOT that, but rather one attack is clinet side and the other is server side. When they go out of perfect synce, you get phantom shots.

Originally posted by AkodoReign
    have to say your wrong using my MA right now /akodoreign.. one attacks one recharges one attacks one recharges. trust me you will be alot slower tommarow I don't care personaly cause the claw isnt that great after level 130 but i wanted to be sure i was right have fun guys.
    Ack! Didn't know Multi Wield worked for Melee.

So dual melee works but dual ranged is all FUBAR mechanically. Heh, I thought dual was plain messed up but this gives me some hope dual guns might one day work.

Damn there are gonna alotta pissed off dual melee'ers tomorrow!

Yup lots same with MP pets now basicly cut in half attack wise . Engi bots and Crat bot dont multi so they are unaffected.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Since he's spamming htis on a lot of forums, here is the real deal:

This observation is completely wrong.

They just removed the extra animations, multi works the same way on test as it does on live.

Post have to disagree

i've multi-wielded since 14.6 hit test, and have seen no problems in speed. in fact, i have noticed an increase in hits/min over my pre-14.6 numbers, and here they are:

just fists - max 28/min

fists + 1 weap = max 38-40/min

fists + 2 weaps = 43-45/min

now these are all taken before today's update on test, so they might have changed, but certainly things are not getting worse, they are getting better.

Angry NOOOOOOOO!

SCREAMS AND RUNS OFF.........................