Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next Patch.. MAs...

Arrow

Although i agrre cals defning abilities are a good thing and needed for variation, that is one thing that should be generic.. to an extent anyway.

Why should enforcers be the only ones to break roots fast, MA's have no viable ranaged options unitll they have Shed laods of ip to dump into bow etc. We should be able to keep close to our enemy for at least 50% of the battle, and now even if we can we wont crit to save our asses. I was hitting a NT who wasnt hitting backand i critted twice in 100+ hits.

Lemme do the maths,

VS = 13%
    Take The Shot = 4%
    Vision ENhancer - 2%
    Base = 3% ( i think)

so all together thats 21%
    PvP = 10.5%

so if i am correct it s approximately 1 in 10 hits is a crit for me...

Admitedly checks on atatck rating, evades etc count but my rating was 2 in 100 thats 1 in 50 that = 2% Critical Chance

Come on...

It was a big hit to MAs, the crit nurf, but it hit a lot of people, Ithaca docs, Ithaca traders, agents and me, a River 6 crat, now to PVP I need to swap out plants, use a nova/flash combo (and thinking about manex or MCS) switch out my 8% VI for a TIM scope, takes me 10 min and a doc just to get ready to get buffed. Also I've lost AS.

Sooo, hey I feel for you but don't you think some classes that don't have a lot of PVP tools, like crats as an example, roots being one of our best non-damage tools other than a stun (with an long recharge). This is sort of a love patch for rooters, not that all rooters need PVP love, traders, NTs, agents all did OK before the patch, but now crats can do a little better.

Roots still break on damage. Maybe a nice solution to the issue of being rooted and left in one spot could be fixed. If you leave visual range, combat ends, then you can debuff yourself out of the root. That way people can't root you and run far off. They have to keep and eye on you, can't recharge, and risk being attacked themselves. Mass PVP I wouldn't sweat too much, sucks for you guys and duels tho, and I guess it could in mass too if people seperate you from the rest of the fight.

Anyone try that doc NCU cleaner? Forgot what it's called, wonder if that works in combat.

heh.. you guys are bitter as hell.

calm down.

actually play as an MA and see how omnipotent we are.. youll be pleasantly surprised.

The doc NCU cleaner is known as Epsilon Purge. It removes debuffs AND BUFFS under 35 NCU. So,
    1. If the root is over 35 NCU EP won't clean it anyways
    2. You lose all your small buffs

Who ever claimed Adv AC buffs are better than MA is wrong. The Adv's AC line stops a QL 123, adding 327 to all AC's.

I can't even remember the last time somone asked me for an AC buff.

Fred

Originally posted by Fred
    Who ever claimed Adv AC buffs are better than MA is wrong. The Adv's AC line stops a QL 123, adding 327 to all AC's.

I can't even remember the last time somone asked me for an AC buff.

Fred
    The adv AC line also use a dark blue nano skills that no other nano line use?

(just a question cuz I have no idea)

EDIT: I don't think MA need more stuff really, they should change back the crit nerf and do something about root/snare for everyone, nothing more is needed for MAs to be a ok prof in PvP again
    Last edited by Azzazzimon; Nov 13th, 2002 at 11:19:56.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

every moron on this thread that seriously thinks ma's need some more help need to skip on over to ebay and buy your own damn level 200 char.

ma's are overpowered and yet you still cry for MORE shi*

Originally posted by Yazule

yeah, about right, if it was in caps and HUGE then you would be right on the money

LOL wrap up NT's preimeir nano with one of enforcers DEFINING Nano's (rage) into one GOD MODE NANO and give to to MA's

errrr

BWAHAHAHAHAH

what he said

Supreme Wilderness Protection

that is the highest possible Adv AC shield, and is not a s good as the MA line

peace
    cal
    Last edited by caloss2; Nov 13th, 2002 at 13:02:46.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

only read first page but seen someone said EVERY CLASS HAS THE MAIN SKILL BUFFS...BS Engineers get no MC, TS, or Weapon Buffs worth even using. Crats same way. Now if you say yeah they got weapon buffs you deserve a smack in-game. Engineers and Crats weapons are there pets do they have buffs to buff there pets no they do not. As for MAs YOU ARNT the only one getting nerfed by the crits. Everyone got it. Did they nerf LLTS for MAs for a ql200LLTS make it only give an MA 8% Crit if not they should. Think about it a lvl 150 MA +24 Crit buff +15 from Scope and if he is lucky enough to have Globes that is 41% Crit Chance plus add TTS to that and Crat Crit buff not sure if it stacks but think it does. That would be 43% not counting if you sacrafice the Head for Cortex of the Executioner and were lucky enough to get the Shades that add Crit Buff of 1%. With all of that you would have 45% crit chance now picture a 150 soldier or something. 15 from scope 8 with MoP that is 23% now add Globesx2, Cortex, Shades, TTS, Crat buff. Hmm thats only 29% almost half of what you are capable of. Now cut them in half, 11.5 for a soldier or any other class besides agent. 22.5 crit chance for you the agents. Notice the big difference, I think you do. Now add the fact that you can fight on Full DEF and still hit fast as hell which at full def the person you are fighting hits you for half of what they would if you were on full agg. Now as for your healing at full def you can cast them fast still if you have a recomplier on. Many MAs I know use them so it is commonly done.

Yeah MAs may not be able to kill a soldier or Enforcer around there lvl but should they be able to NO. When I started this game in beta Soldiers, Enforcer made Atrox were supposed to be able to take and deal the most damage in the game do they no. Wanna know why they dont cause everyone wants to be a god and they cant so what happens buffs here nerfs there and so on. For instance Docs are the uber class atm well give it 3 months and someone else will be then what happens Docs will complain then give it 3 months they be on top again. Face it people it will never stop Buffs Nerfs it is part of the game IMO now since I havnt seen anything but that and minor additions. If any of you were here in beta 2 THAT was fun. People were in there corective ranks. Being DOCS in LAST Place simple answer Docotr=Healer not Fighter. Soldier and Enforcers were lvl on the playing field. Solitus Soldier Enforcer were less powerful than an atrox but still above all others. If they wanted to get the game the way it should be bring back the old Beta2 System where you had everyone lvl on the playing field in there rightful spots.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    BUTTTT Advs have better AC buffs than MAs. Sure they don't get as many, but the ones they do have are better than ours, and they use a light blue skills, while ours uses dark blue.
    dark blue smark blue... after 165 you can invest MC with no problems... IP at 150-190 is like water.
    You can do anything at Zombo

Angry forgive me if i'm wrong...

But i thought Mas were supposed to have a better chance of critting than any other class because of their low dmg output?

I don't pvp so i don't give a **** about the 50% crit reduction personally. BUt i am also an MA and can see a lot pof people here jumping on the Nerf MA bandwagon.

If MA's have a ****ty chance of critting now and soon won't be able to use scopes, how are they the best class at critting? I could accept a 50% reduction to crits if scopes were taken out of the game so other classes didn't crit better than MAs

don't forget, other classes can switch to high damage/low crit weapons like the manex. ma's can't. we are stuck doing 100-300 base damage, but get hit for 600-1200 from most of these type of weapons.

when init fix is implemented, these weapons are going to do insane damage, along with the super fast recharge on the specials. (burst recharging every 10 sec.)

ma's have no options. none at all. next person that says go bow would be better off trying it before they post something as dumb as that. most bows are slower, and do the same damage if not less than our fists. factor in the reload time after every 3-5 shots (most of which are misses or parried). shyuler isn't even an option. the little i've played with this one makes me even angrier. the howling bow? i dunno what kind of dmg it does because NOBODY has any clue where they are.

don t MA have enough thing atm in game ?

It looks FC wanna make soldier and enf as best aggro hold but not dmger dealer ..... that's why they have mongo / hp or shield .
    Since this game is damge base on cirtical( it is true) ma become best dmg dealer on most mobs. and Flintforge don't say anything about ma got enough stuff if u pvped any ma after 14.6.
    And it make no sense to say which prof should be beat which . becasue ur soldier will 100% lose to a doc/trader at ur lev range ( if u think this make sense at normal life). Guys plz forget ma in PVP, we worse than engi now ( maybe :P )
    Attention!!!
    Kill ma in pvp will not be looked as farming pvp title
    No dangerous, no exception gogogo

crats what r u waiting for ?

171 soldier
    200 ma
    174 NT ( leveling )
    83 doc

I am in China now . no AO this month .......

No more MA bashing

All I have seen since the Ma's had their dmg turned up is everyone complaining about the Ma prof. No one seemed to matter when the Ma was weak and a joke. Now all the whiners got what they wanted another nerf. Well peeps what comes around goes around since FC has the nerf stick out dont think you will be able to evade or duck it.

Xzule
    Splittail
    220/23/70 Trader (Main) Proud President of Forsaken RK1
    ALTS
    ================================================== =
    220 Ma Slamdambam
    220 Doc Healthstar
    220 Engi Retrocraft
    220 Enf JimiHoffa
    219 Sold Unicrash
    212 Crat Mitzilu
    200 NT Xzule

i was pwed by a lower level ENF yesterday who was hitting me for 400-700 a pop with beam (non crit) while i have 4700 melee AC. his reflect damage was nearly what my fist damage was. i'm not that gimped...

now, tell me that MAs are the greatest dmg dealers over time on AO...

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

i duelled a doc in mmd today, letah.

her dots did twice as much damage to me as i did to her. i hit for around 230 or so...she can stack dot's on me that do 221 and 272 i think it is.

needless to say that was an excersise in futility. oh yeah, i had a whopping 638 brawl in there somewhere woot

I specified best DoT in PvM.

Anyone wanna challenge that?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

hmm

you guys all miss the point. we, meaning MAs have done quite a bit of testing in PvP since 14.6, and let me tell you, we are pretty much owned by every profession except engis who were are about even with providing pet doesnt get on us in time, cause then even the engi dmg shields kill us in conjunction with pet.

keep in mind that average MA even in 190s (such as me) wont have any tara loot (i never won any) or cortex etc. etc..

our crit chance has decreased completely. in tests that have been done we are completely unable to even dmg anyone with decent dmg shields. we literally kill ourselves on enf, soldiers, adventurers and anyone with rrfe. even healing we run out of nano and still die, our opponents kill us wthout taking a single swing or firing a single shot.

we now hit an equal level opponents for average 80-120 points of dmg per hit. more often then not, we get reflected back at us far more then the hits themselves. but even without reflects, we take average shots of 500-1k per hit. thats from a beam weilding enf, and an x-3 weilding crat chainrooting.

see the difference ? 80-120 points, vs . 500-1000 points a hit. that is the root of the problem. i should point out that this is base, non-crit dmg.

i have also tried out several implant configurations, went with all out evades, all out ACs, all out HP. all pretty much the same, no visible difference whatsoever.

in addition, we now cannot effectively get close to or hit anyone with roots/snares, reflects and of course GA. that pretty much limits our PvP options to other MAs and engis. those are the only 2 professions in game that MAs stand a chance againts.

and yes, i am bitter, in fact i completely quit playing my MA now as I see the profession absolutely worthless in the longrun, so no point to finishing up and geting him to 200. i have also cancelled my account as have many others, and i barely even log on my alts. only fun i am having is a lowbie enf in the Subway and thats about to go bye-bye as he is about to hit 24.

so if FCs intention was to make us quit the game, and for you guys that support them in this to eliminate our profession from PvP, i have to tell you are succeeding. things are definetly going your way, hopefully you'll be happy with the results.

later

Hollowtek,

ex-clan MA on RK-1

Some of the problem is that for so long we where at the bottom (with fixers).

I started playing in november last year (Oddy's 1 year birthday is on the 23rd nov.) I was completely clueless, but had loads of fun, got to know new people, and joined a nice and friendly guild.

About when I got to lvl 90, I started to find how compeletely useless we where dmg-wise. Always hitting for minimum dmg, and our crits where also really low. During these days, you would find MA's who picked up hammers in an attempt to do *some* damage. Unlike the fixers, we got in teams easy because of our crit buffs (which we could cast on others at the time)

In patch 13.9 we finally got our damage modified so we did comparable damage to the other professions. In a later patch FC made the UVC-series self-only, and that lowered the damage of others so MA's became one of the best damage dealers in the game, like we should be. We still are good damage dealers in PvM, but sadly after 14.6 we are totally helpless in PvP.

Other professions might have been *as* crit-dependant as us, but they all have the option to change to another weapon. Ma's do not.

The new root-rules make melee professions helpless, with the exception of enforcers.

There are *no* viable bows to use for us when rooted, all of them have either

*slow equip time
    *small clip size
    *worthless damage
    *slow firing/recharge rate
    *no specials
    ..or some combination of these "features"

we used to have a nice bow, but it's now 66% rifle

what we would like from FC is some acknowledgement that they are aware of these problems, and that they are working on solving them, so we can once again be a viable profession in PvP.

Speaking for myself, I can say I don't think I got it in me to be "worthless" again for the time FC usually takes to see the problem, neverthelesss the patience to hang around the time it takes to do something about it.

You gave us 4 big nerfs this patch, 3 of which by themselves would have crippled us as far as PvP goes.
    We have yelled, whined and threatened to leave the game for a week now.
    So my questions are:

Is there a problem with MA's in PvP ?

If so, what do you intend to do with it, and in what time frame can we expect changes ?

Best regards
    Oddlogic

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast