Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Day For Sols

I agree that this is YET AGAIN another nerf for Soldiers who are 100% dependant on killing thier oponent in 1:20 seconds.

FC has blatenly stated that they want PvP fights to last longer, and MOST professions have some way of supporting this. Some way of living Longer.. A soldiers only hope is to survive the piereid between MK, (by some grace of god, or lots of outside healing)

As for the crit thing not being a nerf... hmm? wonder how many River6 users will be parking that gun for good.

Case in point is that ALOT of the better skilled soldiers are still using the old school combos in adition to the decent damage on the helspinner (Which i might add, is still nothing compared to the damage output of an MA, Trader, Enf, etc etc etc....)

Quite frankly, this patch is a nerf for soldiers, because it makes PvP last longer.... and that is yet another thing soldiers and thier borring existance cant handle.

Can i have my 110+ played days transfered and profession changed please?
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Originally posted by Ityn

The classes that will be hit the hardest from this will be:

Traders
    MAs
    Agents
    Crit reliant players of any class that use weapons like shotguns or a River 6.

The classes that will benefit:
    Doctors (esp AR docs)
    Enforcers
    NTs
    Advents
    Crats
    Non-crit reliant players of any class that use weapons that do good average damage over crits.

Soldiers are in a pretty neutral position as far as this patch goes.
    Just plain wrong. People keep looking at this as an offensive nerf instead of the huge defensive boost it is to the healing classes. Classes that benefit the most from longer combat... healing/health draining classes, exactly the same as the damage nerf:

Docs, Advys, MAs, MPs, Fixers, Traders (Traders get a huge silent boost in all this despite the crit nerf because longer combat with fewer crits just gives them more time to land their primary weapons, which is not an Ithaca btw. Once those are landed, game over)

Classes that are hurt... non-healing and especially non-healing crit reliant classes:

Agents and Soldiers hurt the worst

then Crats, NTs, Engys

Enforcers are neutrally affected because of quasi-healing, the new spells/weapons and the trox hp boost.

It is really as simple as that, no deep analysis is needed. The gap between the haves and have nots in PvP is widening. FC must want it this way.

I dont feel gimped with the critnerf. Im almost always selfbuffed and equipped with a TIM scope, my crits are at 4% (3 base, 1 scope). A loss of 2% isnt a big deal for me and I wont see any diffenence in my damageoutput, especially because I dont crit much higher than my regular damage...

Currently Im able to deal with a good damage. Some former experiences shows me, that I can down docs, MAs, Trader, Adventurer... I dont need crits for that. Just the right tactics.

PvP isnt always to face each other and stand there like a sitting duck, waiting for the kill.......

I dont wanna say Soldiers are the top of the pvp class, but they get some changes to the better - not a love, but something better

Re: Re: heh

Originally posted by Intrepid

yeah but the majority of traders don't use X-3s now so they?

Most are shotgun traders which are almost 100% crit reliant.

Shouldn't judge the whole prof by 1 friend.
    And you shouldn't judge the soldier profession's PvP capabilities based on one weapon that is available to a very small portion of the soldier population.

The crit nerf hurts all soldiers below lvl 175 (whether it hurts them more or less than other professions in PvP only time will tell). IMHO, it also hurts all us soldiers lvl 175+ because its going to wreck at least 1/2 our alpha shots (i.e. fling and aimed shot). Additionally, its going to hurt FAs because the fewer shots that crit the less chance you have to get a max FA. Frankly, I don't believe bursts have a chance to crit (I know Funcom claims differently, but in 194 lvls I've yet to see a burst that would have included a crit). Again, whether or not this is a net disadvantage relative to other professions in PvP only time will tell I think.

At the very least, Funcom took a big swipe out of the tools available to soldiers in PvP (prior to this patch I found Techtronica/Flashpoint/Nova a very effective combination even after the acquisition of a Boosted Hellspinner). In my mind, the big question is whether the added damage of Wen-Wen and grenades and the ability to fight at full defense virtually all of the time will make up for the loss of crits in the fling/aimed shot part of my alpha.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

How can you say you are screwed where you can alpha every 20 secs with higher attack rating?
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

You know most professions have a lot more to worry about than PvP capability.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Originally posted by Enri
    You know most professions have a lot more to worry about than PvP capability.
    I don't think thats true (if you used the word "some" instead of "most," I wouldn't take exception to it but might not necessarily agree). Soldiers also have issues outside of PvP also.

Btw, the Attack Rating thing is apparantly a visual bug and dunno about the special recycle change. I've been doing some tests with various weapons, and either its only affecting some weapons or I've got some hella lag issues. To say the least I've yet to find the weapons that recycle FA/AS in 20 seconds.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Gentlemen TMS is a % - based nano. The amount of damage reduced is directly proportional to the damage done to the TMS'd soldier. Fact.

Now if TMS lasted indefinately, then longer fights would make no difference whatsoever on the capability of the soldier. However, given that TMS is limited in duration, it only reduces damage over that period of time. Thus: The more damage done within the duration of TMS, the more damage overall the nano is able to reflect. Fact.

Honestly, soldiers were never that uber to begin with. Only in 2h0 were they so efficient, due to the easy zoning which is the only tactic FC has seen fit to give soldiers. TMS, alpha, keep shooting and try for insta-kill, zone if not. That's it. On any other playfield soldiers have never been 'uber'. Just about any profession with roots could polish them off.

However, now it is a different story. Soldiers will still be able to zone in 2h0, but there is slim-to-none chance that they will be able to kill anything. Basically they are going to be running around shooting people and then running away - more like a pesky gnat than anything else. On other playfields? Haha. If there is no zone around soldiers are dead meat to any otyher proffession you care to name.

However, even after all this information, i don't think it matters. The end result is that soldiers are now useless in 1v1 PvP. However, they are still extremely useful in team pvp where healing proffessions can keep them topped up to full health. As i never played 1v1 with my soldier anyway it matters not to me.

Ever do is a black day for soljas. They are the most under powered class besides Engy. Really after you give it a try you wont feel compeled to level at all.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

I just think Funcom has gone about fixing PVP the completely wrong way. The reason PVP is broken is because PVM and PVP are on two totally different scales. All of a player's abilities have been set up to be useful in a 6 on 1 situation against a red mob with tons of HP all kinds of crazy skills that a player wouldn't have. So when a player attacks another player its an instant kill. Not specifically because the professions are of of balance, but because the scales are so screwed up. What Funcom should have done from the beginning is make the Mobs like players and just have more of them. Mobs should be very similiar to players, then when you went from PVM to PVP the difference wouldn't be as exagerated.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12