Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Full PvP-only dungeon?

i like the idea finally something for us crats to charm consistanly in pvp, and ontop of that the place can be deisgned so that there is less lag for team pvp . i would definaly like to see this or atleast have it on the test at one point so it can be tried out
    PVP Crat - More gimped than you would belive, but i still kill
    RK1
    Pokees Pokees
    LostClevage President of Enron

RK2
    Titlehugger Psycho PVP crat
    Flushdragon SUpAh Gimped trox adv

please dont put guards in there - thats why clanners dont go to 2ho as it is
    also, for the soldiers and othe people who want to zone rather than die with dignity, make a bunch of small rooms off th main 1s like in the noob dungeon. Maybe make them have wimpy non-agro mobs for the drainers and charmers. This would be a place to "hide out" after gettin yer butt whupped to heal and replenish nano. Since there would be a lot of these rooms u would be relatively hard to find and would avoid grief campers because of the sheer # of rooms.

I think an indoor area probably wouldn't be the best. A Large outdoor area with some non aggro mobs near the different sides entrances for draining and charming.

Make access to these areas relativley easy for all sides say by maving having a whompa to it in one of the major cities. Make a few of these areas for different level ranges. When using the whompa it takes you to the area that fits your range. Sometimes the lowbies need a break from leveling too and it gives a place for the low level twinks to wreak some havoc.
    "use tacticz noob" - Farestaff

think this sound fun... let all lvls in... and let the PvP system the way it is... and the ppl going to camelot goes most for the loot, and it is a sucky Pvp dungeon... laggy as hell.... often i think i see you died of lag... when i get killed by someone i dont even see casue of the lag... so maybe make several "dungens" as in the same dungeon....let the lvl 1-45 in one dungeon, 45-74 in another and 75-200 in the last one... that sounds good i think...

Desp.

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

great idea. but make sure theres lots of zones so people about to die can run and zone like everywhere else, oh and make sure the dungeon is only a underground 10' by 10' room ok? dont forget to nerf some more classes in that patch too. it been like a week since u nerfed anyone. ur slacking.
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

Hmmm k first crowed control

The entry zones should ge 100% gas like camelot. The reason is easy! We zone into and it takes a long time till all textures etc. are loaded. No easy kills for ppls which wait at the entrance for ppl which zone in.

It should be a dungeon. I would prefere a large and modern base dungeon like formans mine. We already have a "pvp-dungeon" camelot with a clanner style I want one with a modern omni dungeon style. And pls don't put to much mobs inside. I only say training mobs!! Such a thing shouldn't work too.

Huge and large halls and rooms. Huge doors and no smal hallways like in camelot. Thats not fun when ppl camp behind the door and all the fight playing is open door target shot and move back all the time. Make huge doors and only a few. And pls huge rooms.

One good idea would be if you could dissable the map inside the dungeon if that is possible. So you don't see yellow or blue dots anymore on the map and you have to be carefull inside cause u never know where some is standing. But some kind of furniture. Like huge machines or spaceships etc. inside the dungeon halls where ppl can hide behind and with a dissabled map you don't know if someone is hidding.

Make a easy dungeon - with no chaotic rooms and make the dungeon huge.

Maybe put a special mob inside the center of the dungeon and this room have more than only 1 entrance door like camelot. So we have to guard 3-4 sides of the room. Make the special mob spawn very fast. Make it easy to kill - cause we are in this dungeon for killing players and not for killing a uber boss mob. Put some nice but! no uber loot on it. It should be something which everyone want but no uber weapons, ams/dms items, armor etc. Maybe very special and very nice social armor etc. As I said we are in this dungeon for fun and for pvp and not! for loot! But I also agree that we should get a little reward - something nice stuff.

The dungeon should be locatated on a place where everyone can easy go. Whompas, grids and put a safe terminal outside the dungeon which both sides can use. Make 2-3 entrance to the dungeon and we can choose on which side we want to enter the dungeon and also we should have diff starting location in the dungeon if we use a diff entrance. Maybe it would be nice if 1 entrance can only use omni and the other can only be used by clan and a 3rd for all factions. So that omnis and clanners are not in the same starting position in the dungeon.

Then we have to carfully cause we don't have a map of the dungeon move and fight our way to the middle. To the boss mob where we finaly hit on the other faction and the fight begins.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

not sure which of the above ideas will work or will be concidered but my input regards incentive.

dont put unique loot in there. do something that is rewarding but not advantageous. what do i mean? have nuetral mobs or bosses that drops TONS of cash or decent level trade skill item material. it could be a notum chip/soul frag farm and you could add more stuff as trade skills require more stuff. people would go therer for the pvp and itd also be good to get trade skill stuff thats quite random otherwise.

Here you go...

The dungeon is now on the test servers.

Enjoy.

With the Dev reply there I guess this post doesn't matter anymore, but this is my idea. I think its kinda neat, but then again, I would, I made it up.

Okay, theres Clan/Omni tension on the planet, everyone going at each others throat, towers exploding, loot being lost.. sometimes, you just want a good fight without being wiped out, losing loot and watching towers fall. Sometimes you need to relax. And so I introduce 'Space Wars', the new bloodsport created by ICC. Get your inter-racial tensions out harmlessly.

Theres the lame introduction over. Okay, so this takes place in a specially designed Space Station hovering over Rubi-Ka. You can 'beam up' from a spot in the ICC area, near the whompas. Clan arrives on one side of the station, Omni on the other, both sides have insurance terminals right there. When there are (a set number, you choose) say 20 players up there, which have to be balanced, the two teams are created and the doors open into the main space station. Bulletproof walls, nano resistant windows, this place has it all.

It would be circular in design, flickering lights and dark corridors, imagine Aliens, with the outermost sides having a view to space and Rubi-Ka below, just for a nice touch. In the center of the station would be a table with a single item on it.. could be a Gaily Painted Hood, might be a QL200 X-3, could be anything really. The trick is, these are nano created replicas. They do the same thing, but once you leave the space station they disappear, as the technology in the station is no longer present to keep them together.

The trick is to rush in and try to capture the item on offer, the holder of the item would glow brightly (the nano created replicas give off a lot of light) so you would know who has it. The idea then is to run through to the enemies start point (having a big fight along the way, no doubt) with it where you can distribute it out to whoever needs it most. Of course, all 'loot' is also tradeable between characters, no No Drop items here. The opposing team has to grab it for themselves, probably off the corpse of who had it, and do the same thing. Get it to the enemy base.

The winning side now has the advantage of the new item, everyone is sent back to the starting areas, and a new item is placed down ready to be captured.

I think this would be kinda neat. It would give something to fight for - the nice (if illusionary) item - would be a nice arena to fight in, and keeps everyone close together with no guards or anything of the sort to interfere.
    Last edited by Majikall; Dec 17th, 2002 at 21:36:29.

Idear: Save term in each sides entery room for a fast return to action?
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

lol...

we can´t make any mass pvp at tara ..why should this be better at other locations ???

Re: lol...

Originally posted by PeterPet
    we can´t make any mass pvp at tara ..why should this be better at other locations ???
    Its not based on loot to be won, its for PvP only.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234