Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full PvP-only dungeon?

To address the level of players for the dungeon, try several GS's.

Players 1-20 in GS1
    Players 20-40 in GS2
    etc.

You get the idea. This also gives lvl 75, 76 players an area to PvP without the interference of lvl 200 players ganking them.

Perhaps an overlap would be necessary. Players that are right at the top of on GS, but bottom of the next.

Entrance could be gained via a whompa in ICC. Since ICC is the connecting area for all Whompa systems.

Just a thought anyway.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I've tried suggestions like this before. But here goes again.

You use an outdoor playfield for this. Set it all up a a no-Yalm zone and have bridges and walls and whatever makes a strategic playfield. When it gets to be night make it DARK.

What do you get when you kill another player in this playfield? Answer: a key. A key and nothing more.

What does this key open? Simple. The hard part of developing this 'dungeon' its a key to the front door of the Victory Mansion.
    Um! and how to avoid two friends letting eachother die to get in there? That would be exploiting the system to get in.

Soon thered be someone offering to die for some cash as a service to those getting inside etc.

Not gonna work. Besides being inside is cool i like the idea but the selling death to ppl s gonna be a issue.
    And also, just being there sound cool but PvP'ers want status.
    The pvptitles give that to a certain extent.

saying you got to the mantion isnt gonna be that awsome...
    Now bragging about taking down some other guilds towers is.
    Or getting somehting of status (but no actual benefits that would be the "loot" issue again)
    just something for pvp'ers to show.
    Maybe let the servers show a "head count" on how any enemeies?
    I.e if people shift click/t a person. or look them up in databsse
    theyll see a headcount. maybe stats on how many OIT, ort Clan or Neut they have taken down.

Head counts are seperated in Arena, and World as those two are
    2 different ways of PvP imo.

More stats like the average level of those in the headcount etc
    would be nice. The more lev 200's ya got in the headcount the more dangerous that pvp'er obviously is

Either that or get some darn PvP tournaments started, sanctiond and supported with prices or even run by Funcom. in a RP sense.
    Omni-Tek spnsoring a Omni Championship maybe? etc...
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Re: Full PvP-only dungeon?

Originally posted by Cz
    Some of the designers and world designers brought up the idea of a dungeon for PvP-only. Charmable no-XP MOBs for the crats, and little else. A place for people to simply slap each other around a bit.

Would this be something people would use, or would people just go to Camelot anyway? What rewards would have to be in place for people to spend time in such a dungeon? Should it be for top levels, or with a limited level entry (possibly making it a playground for uber-PvP-twinks)?

Throw out ideas, suggestions, problems and comments, but keep it in a form that is usable as feedback.

Thank you.

Since you are adding mobs for the crats, how about adding some zones for the soldiers?

I suggest FC figure out how to manage the current lag problems before they try add new features.

Have these designers ever been in Camelot when there's a raid going on? I'm talking right in the heat of battle.. one side has control of box, other side trying to get in. It's unbelievable, press nuke button.. wait.. wait more.. press nuke button again.. wait.. nuke starts executing.. nuke aborts.
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

I like this idea alot but why would ppl leave tir arena to go there i mean if they are gonna kill someone they want it to be as easy as possible and if that new dungeon has any difficulty for ppl seekin titles they will not go in fear of losin there titles.

Now i have a suggestion a bit off this one why dont omni have an uber dungeon that drops items of tara dungeon quality.

Since Ive been playin ao i find it terrible that clan has access and control of the best loot in the game how is that fair i am thinkin of convertin some of my chars in hopes of ever gettin any of the tara loot.

What your dev. team should be think is doing a multizoned dungeon that has different tara type mobs in omni.

Ofcourse keep the zones 25% so that it will be a war for the loot and make the spawns kinda more random i mean have a min time like 6hours and max like 18hours but to keep it from being so easy for ppl to predict the dungeons spawns this will keep only the super rich and super powerful from gettin all the uberloot those ppl know who they are

Arrow

The important thing is that any special loot available should be no better than normal or at best boss loot. However, it should look distinctive. Ideally it would have the same stats as the normal loot but have a different mesh and/or be a different colour/texture.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Vergil
    Loot wise,

If i could get a jumpsuit as cool looking as Znore's Orange Construction Suit, with similar stats to my primus coat i'd be one Happy Nuker!

You don't need anything as special as Dragon Loot (tm) .

Gah! NT in Day Glo Orange "Nuker" Coveralls! RUN!

If only it would cover my servant skirt....

Lay off the suit, man... Its my preciousssssss...

-Z

Darn!

uhmmm, how about Day Glo Green then? With a Mushroom Cloud Symbol on the back?

hehe just give it the stats of that Blueish MA suit
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Under lvl 75 be cool.
    Why? u can be twink good at this lvl, and do fair duel (and not really difference 60-74, u can maybe win.)
    Good idea..
    A mini Tara

i would be really fun to have a lvl 60-74 dungeon...
    /Comfortyou

Tha Doc Squad Commander of Wen-Tzu Enclave

My trader

Howabout something along the lines of Smugglers' Den only with 25% gas? Some nice big rooms, some confined areas, and plenty of mobs spawning dropping something good, but not totally uber (maybe something only really useful in pvp as this would be a pvp dungeon) and dropping at a rate similar to the mk1/2 droprate?

If the mobs were well spread out throughout the dungeon, camping should be avoided, and there would be something to battle over, rather than just trying to outdmg the opposing teams in Smugglers'.

My two cents...
    - Heiwa
    Permanently retired, thanks for 6 years of AO fun

Ok, reading through, and talking with the designers...

Our main limit is resources. This is something that wasn't planned, and we're only able to put in for you if it doesn't take up too much time for the people involved. Hence we avoid new code entirely, and focus on using what we have. (The dungeon layout is ready, in fact, as we just took one that wasn't going to be used for anything else. )

We're not going to change an outdoor area for this. That's final. Outdoor playfields will have land control.

Several borders to the PvP area should be possible, to limit border camping. Not sure about guards. Scanners not too far from the entrances should be made.

Entrances (three of them) will most likely be in the same playfield, to limit the resources spent on making this dungeon. Stret West Bank has been suggested, and is currently the best bet.

Level limit is a popular idea here, but we will run with one level limit, not several ones. The free-for-all limit might change in The Notum Wars though, so I need some input from the designers on that before we can start discussing what the limit should be.

We don't want to have loot in it. Recognition through other means should be possible, but we will have to see what we can get out of the current code. We'll hunt down the coders for this later.

Uhm... did I forget something? Probably. Patch day, and lots to stay on top of. I'll be back.

Would this new place be provided with proper server power. It's always a great joy to push q only to have your attack start 30 minutes later.
    Last edited by Unit99; Nov 6th, 2002 at 16:52:21.

I see alot of talk about keeping <75's out, I have a twink so I don't like that, altough you could make it so I don't have to make a twink by changing the stupid 75+ free 4 all and have a few different pf's. Maybe like 3 pf's where it'd be low, medium, and high levels.
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Originally posted by deceivious
    I like this idea alot but why would ppl leave tir arena to go there i mean if they are gonna kill someone they want it to be as easy as possible and if that new dungeon has any difficulty for ppl seekin titles they will not go in fear of losin there titles.

Now i have a suggestion a bit off this one why dont omni have an uber dungeon that drops items of tara dungeon quality.

Since Ive been playin ao i find it terrible that clan has access and control of the best loot in the game how is that fair i am thinkin of convertin some of my chars in hopes of ever gettin any of the tara loot.

What your dev. team should be think is doing a multizoned dungeon that has different tara type mobs in omni.

Ofcourse keep the zones 25% so that it will be a war for the loot and make the spawns kinda more random i mean have a min time like 6hours and max like 18hours but to keep it from being so easy for ppl to predict the dungeons spawns this will keep only the super rich and super powerful from gettin all the uberloot those ppl know who they are
    Unlike a couple of months back when Omni had control of every Tara spawn. Which group of guilds was it... Trinity, TC and MoK? Something like that.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Cz

please remind the devs that as of right now there is no life after L200 - if yer gonna make a dungeon like this, make it high lvl as TL6 characters are somewhat necessary to the goings-on of rubi ka and as it stands only really show for tarasque and unique kills.

nice idea but my ma will never step into that place
    Attention!!!
    Kill ma in pvp will not be looked as farming pvp title
    No dangerous, no exception gogogo

crats what r u waiting for ?

171 soldier
    200 ma
    174 NT ( leveling )
    83 doc

I am in China now . no AO this month .......

put leets in there for the adv 2

Excellent Opportunity to make the game more fun.... I believe that I have addressed most of the issues in a fair to all class manner.

Desc. of Area - Large area about 8 times the size of the MMD 25% zone. One tower in the middle with Omni and Clan Entry on opposing sides. Maybe obstructions so that people can hide.

Objective - Hold the tower

Incentive - Omni/Clan get points for holding tower. These points are added up for one hour intervals. A winner is declared each hour and sent out over all chat channels. Example "The winner of this hours Tower Challenge is Omni with a score of Omni = 42 min. and Clan = 18 min.

Camping Issue - that side's guards would heavily guard each side. It would not be impossible for one side to charge the other side and kill some entering players but it would be very difficult. Say that (5) lvl 200's may be able to go kill (2) 75's that are just entering but the guards would tip in favor of the home side if the levels and number of attackers/defenders was somewhat balanced. This allows a reasonably safe entry but yet prohibits camping of the opposing side or 100% safety for the home side characters if they stand there all day.

Zoners - Make it a fair distance to run in order to zone out. This would give a fair shot to chasers/close combat (docs, enforcers, MP's, and MA's), yet give a fair chance to runners/distance combat (fixers, agents, NT's, Crats, Engineers). It would not be possible to stand on the zone line all day and wait for an opportunity to jump a lower level character or someone that is already engaged in a battle, yet still possible for a lvl 130 agent to throw a root and get away from a lvl 175 enforcer.

Lvl 75-200 issue - This is an unfair situation but yet that is the rule. I think that it is better to leave the rules as they are and not keep changing the game.

I love the idea...ONLY if there is no zoning while in fight. If u able to zone evrybody will just camp the door and there will be major lagggggggggggggggg and chars always chashing.

oh yeah NO ZONING plz...oh already said that

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast