Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full PvP-only dungeon?

Question Full PvP-only dungeon?

Some of the designers and world designers brought up the idea of a dungeon for PvP-only. Charmable no-XP MOBs for the crats, and little else. A place for people to simply slap each other around a bit.

Would this be something people would use, or would people just go to Camelot anyway? What rewards would have to be in place for people to spend time in such a dungeon? Should it be for top levels, or with a limited level entry (possibly making it a playground for uber-PvP-twinks)?

Throw out ideas, suggestions, problems and comments, but keep it in a form that is usable as feedback.

Thank you.

Not a bad idea!

Esp if you go with a lvl locked dungeon.

Several ways to go here....

A lvl75-125 could be a way for people to pvp without the risk of lvl200 people jumping on them.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Use Stret West Bank for this.
    No zones, Massive places to roam, And no zones.
    Did I mention no zones?

I'd love everywhere to be 75% except the middle regions of RK which logically would be the political zones.

Making some nice mobs spawn out there would be nice and great. Another nice thing about an OUTDOOR THING (note: not a dungeon) is that theres no person limit there, and that people *can spread out*
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Good point, Dhurdahl.

Hm, a happy-fun-play-zone would be kinda neat, I think... at least to go have fun. It'd be cooler if you could throw food. :-p

It'd have to be pretty well defined, and large with large areas so you don't have the 30-people-in-a-hallway-makes-AO-cry stuff. Places to sneak around, etc.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

id be very disapointed if it were level limited, this IMO takes the point away from being a level 200... unless you plan to limit people from going into places untill the get past a certain level...... (which i don't really want to happen either)

More then one entrance to the 25% or 0% so you dont get camped and big caverooms... with lots of hallways aswell (and maybe different sections for the 0% and 25%?)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Kink, a week ago I visited 4 Holes for a few hours. It is the friggin' perfect Omni-vs-Clan PvP zone, the only problems being the large number of Omni guards and proximity of Omni transportation. Otherwise, it'd make a fun playfield for large groups of teams trying to take objectives.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Level restrict it, great idea.

1 lvl 75-125 and 1 lvl 125-200 (don't care about lower but I guess that won't hurt either.)

Make 1 entrance in omni town and 1 in clan town.

When you enter you get teleported far into the dungeon, on a very small 100% gas zone (diffrent places for clan and omnis)

With this noone can just zone camping, everyone have to actually fight or run a long way to get to zone.

Also put a save just outside entrance so we spawn there if we die.

hmm, possible to make it so you don't lose buffs if you die(only if you die in this dungeon)?
    You still have to wait for rezz, but don't need to hunt buffs all the time, so can get back in action pretty fast.

hmm, what more...The dungeon must be pretty big without any really small corridors that 1 side will camp and the other side never get throught.

And the most important thing of all...only 1 pf, doesn't matter if 500 people are there, can only be 1 and it should never be full.(will never be 500 people there ofcoures)

Just like 2ho is one zone, this dungeon must be one zone.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

-No Guards.
    -Multiple levels with very crappy los so that you can implement...
    -No zoning.
    -Randomly changing pockets of 75% gas. Very small, very random, constantly changing.
    -Huge Dungeon. With no zoning, it must be big so we don't all just stand there like colonial times in a line and press 1, 2, 3 to see which line drops dead first.
    -One playfield. Do whatever you have to to make it be able to handle a lot of players. And no one wants to run back to jump back in the action just to find one's self all alone in gs2.
    -75+ level lock.

NO INCENTIVES. NO LOOT. If you need a ****ing incentive to pvp, then don't pvp. If you make this dungeon, then make it a viable spot for those who wish to pvp. Not sit on their asses for three hours rolling for raffles.
    Last edited by Zylina; Nov 5th, 2002 at 11:34:48.

75+, its a joke when got low level twinks just running around being annoying, if you allow em let em be killed :P

Also dungeon would need "Something" to try and encourage people to go, as on rk2 90% of the people don't bother with pvp at all anyway, even tara, when theres pvp they run and hide..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Along with the PF simply for mass pvp, it would be nice to see an area of a pf that's simply for 1 0n 1 dueling.. those domes in avalon would be perfect, strip all buffs when the 2 people teleport in, have a 30 sec 75% gas to let people self buff, then it drops to 0% and when 1 person dies, the other gets teleported out.
    The area needs to be big enough to let ranged profs use their ranged abilities, but small enough that there's no constant running away, the size of ent arena or a little smaller.

Back to the topic, it would be nice if in this mass pvp pf there was some kind of strategic point to hold and defend that gave slight benefits or at least made an anouncement that it was held by a certain side.. that would unite the sides and motivate people to come I think..
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

First of all, the *real* carrot for Camlot is the loot. So, if there is a choice between a dungeou with no loot and a dungeon with Uber loot, I guess the outcome is pretty predictable.

What creates some cooperations between players in Camelot is the need to be organized to actually kill the dragon. If PvP is removed in there, the only loot control mechanism (apart from the 18 hour spawn) disapears. Would be pretty bad and promote ebay loot *****. Stopping the items from dropping at all would be pretty bad too. I mean, come on what would a dragon body that no longer drops be worth?

Now for the PvP dungeon, three entrances to the dungeon itself. One in Omni HQ, one in Athens and one in Stret West or Borealis. a couple of rooms at the start so the load time is fast. Try to implement a "capture the flag" system in there. Perhaps announce it in game that "Omni 25p Clan 50p ICC 3p" and give a little HP (or +1% to XP...) boost to the side with the most captures the last hour Also hand out a little "Me ownz" t-shirt to everyone that carries the flag back to base.

Oh yeah I forgot, if you allow -75's in then they must be killable.
    It might be easier just to lock out -75's would rule out lots of possibilities for greifing by twinks and keep spying on the other side down to people concealed, which is how it should be..
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Oh, and it should have the "outdoor" flag so we can use our nifty little vehicles there (when the 1 man fighting tanks is available).

Cz,

I think the idea has potential, but as an indoor playfield I would expect the same problems we have in Camelot.

Since this suggestion continues to put PvPers in an isolated context, I'll work from that perspective:

1. It needs to be an outdoor playfield so there is space to move around, but containing defensible areas.
    2. It needs to have easy access to both factions (whompas or grid points for both sides).
    3. Entry points need to be heavily guarded to discourage camping, but these guards should not leave the entry point and should de-aggro when an opposing faction player leaves range.
    4. There should be sparse bunkers or none at all.
    5. We need something to fight over, like tara but smaller scale and maybe more than one. And they need to spawn a bit more randomly.

I really think this game has been going in the wrong direction with regards to PvP. We should be seeing zones go more toward mayhem than away from it. I realize that there are a lot of players that are not interested in PvP, especially in the early levels. But in the high level game, I believe most of us would really like to see more of a manifestation of this war with the opposing faction. Right now it feels like we're being put into this little PvP box so we can be isolated from the rest of the game. This is true with the game now and with how I understand the game with Notum Wars.

--

Going outside of PvP isolation...

I'd like to see some of the unique drops (like van horn or nugget) exist in 25% (or even 0%) zones. I'd like to see all of Broken Shores, including Home, become a mayhem zone (hehe, this would slow down leveling). I'd like to feel like I'm in a war instead of feeling like I have to coordinate with the opposing faction in order to create a PvP event in one of the few remaining 25% zones.

The most exciting time for me in the game was hunting borg in Mort when it was 25%. At least once every night we'd have some high level Omni come attempt to gank our team. We died a lot... lost a lot of xp... lost some stuff we looted. But, sometimes we'd kill them and the excitement of it was worth every bit of what I lost. We'd have high level clanners come to assist and there would be omni and clan battling it out in the deserts of mort. It felt like we were in a war, sorta. This is gone now.

Strength comes from struggle, and Funcom is removing the struggle in the game for new players, most likely in the name of retention. Unfortunately, this will result in weak players and consequently, a degraded play environment. The result will be a decrease in retention of high level players.

Perhaps my vision and Funcom's vision are too far apart for my points to be valid. As I see it right now, our greatest challenge, the human opponent, is being stifled to protect the feelings of the new players.
    Last edited by aaronb; Nov 5th, 2002 at 12:14:45.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Beer & Booze

Hmm, I thought this was the Beer & Booze bar in Mort? It's practically my private arena.

Another one like that which is much bigger could be interesting. As well as one which is only 25% gas as well.

That said I'd rather just seem some of the existing places like The Canary or the O2 bar finished.

Not that it matters anymore.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Capture the Flag out in Stret West Bank ?

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    Use Stret West Bank for this.
    No zones, Massive places to roam, And no zones.
    Did I mention no zones?

I'd love everywhere to be 75% except the middle regions of RK which logically would be the political zones.

Making some nice mobs spawn out there would be nice and great. Another nice thing about an OUTDOOR THING (note: not a dungeon) is that theres no person limit there, and that people *can spread out*
    There are large 25% areas in SWB (or was last time I checked), and there's a Omni OP close by.

Anyways, I don't understand why the hell you feel the need to turn the neutral newbie grounds into a, I'm guessing 25%, battle field. Large parts of middle east Rubi-Ka was 25 or 0% before and it's not like people used those areas.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

A smaller version of the new Subway dungeon would be perfect for this. (Or one like it )

Lots of nooks and cranies, and with multiple levels and thus quite bad LOS because of that.

That combined with pockets of shifting gas level, to hinder planed ganking, should give rise to some very intresting combats.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Private arena

How bout a private arena ..
    You goto a battle terminal teamed then activate !!
    Your team members are given a key .
    Now once inside leave your team and let the battle begine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast