Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-aircraft tactics

Problem is that when you take damage/get a hostile nano executed in your NCU while in your Yalm it gets bugged and you cant get out.

I would be for AA countermeasures if this was fixed.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Originally posted by Fluffor "Tanyr" Neblett
    Problem is that when you take damage/get a hostile nano executed in your NCU while in your Yalm it gets bugged and you cant get out.

I would be for AA countermeasures if this was fixed.
    Hmm... have you played with this or know of someone who has that can post the full details of what happens... and when.. ?

Originally posted by Dropcid

I totally agree. I think yalms are the biggest mistake funcom ever made. Too late to fix it now, but if we could go back in time to the beginning of the game and remove yalms altogether, the game would be 100% more fun.
    I totally disagree. Some of us think PvP is for the most part annoying and stupid, and would rather not be griefed by some title-farming, Red Bull hopped up 12-year-old L200 right outside our mission door ("ahah u n00b yuo r teh suck i 0wnz0red j00 i r0xx0r"). Hell, I still can't understand why an L200 is able to attack an L75 in the first place. THAT's the biggest mistake FC ever made.

I understand that this game has a PvP aspect, and that's fine as long as I alone am allowed to choose when I participate. My yalm allows me to do that, and I paid 6 million for the privilege.

Originally posted by O'Rourke
    I totally disagree. Some of us think PvP is for the most part annoying and stupid, and would rather not be griefed by some title-farming, Red Bull hopped up 12-year-old L200 right outside our mission door ("ahah u n00b yuo r teh suck i 0wnz0red j00 i r0xx0r"). Hell, I still can't understand why an L200 is able to attack an L75 in the first place. THAT's the biggest mistake FC ever made.

I understand that this game has a PvP aspect, and that's fine as long as I alone am allowed to choose when I participate. My yalm allows me to do that, and I paid 6 million for the privilege.
    I wasn't even talking about PvP. I wish they weren't in the game at all (yalms). Back when I started, no one had yalms- and it was exciting to sneak across andromeda trying to get to a mission. Now it's just get a mission, fly there, fly out. bleh. Yalms also make water and ground vehicles pointless... But, like I said, it's too late to change this, as everyone would freak out.

As for your "choice to participate" in a conflict based mmorpg- it should be only "stay out of pvp zones". You want no pvp, play a game where the storyline is not about 2 opposing PC controlled factions at war (with a 3rd there for no apparent reason, no offense intended)...

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

As for your "choice to participate" in a conflict based mmorpg- it should be only "stay out of pvp zones". You want no pvp, play a game where the storyline is not about 2 opposing PC controlled factions at war (with a 3rd there for no apparent reason, no offense intended)...
    That's not always an easy option to choose. There are plenty of times when you cannot get around the fact that you have a mission in or on the other side of a zone thats <75% ...

Jaesic

So what the problem?? You need to do 2 things to avoid beeing shot down...

1: Fly high..
    2: Dont hoover over battles..

End of problem..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Hermy
    1: Fly high..
    Not an option when you are coming out of grid or whompa into a battle... now, admittedly, the people in the battle don't really know you're coming... except when they have a spy in the grid or on the other side of the whompa. And to be fair... they don't know you're going to a mission or a shop... though to many, it probably wouldn't matter if you were.

Jaesic

Originally posted by Jaesic

That's not always an easy option to choose. There are plenty of times when you cannot get around the fact that you have a mission in or on the other side of a zone thats <75% ...

Jaesic
    hmm... I've heard this phenomenon, but never seen it. When have you had no option but to step in a 25% zone? Where there no other missions available? Was there no other path to take? I heard this complaint before, but never been faced with this problem myself - sure, I've been limited by not going to certain zones, but never forced into one...

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

And to be fair... they don't know you're going to a mission or a shop... though to many, it probably wouldn't matter if you were.

Jaesic
    No, it wouldn't. Are you clan? that's enough for me. Go shop in athen, and take a shower while you're at it.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

hmm... I've heard this phenomenon, but never seen it. When have you had no option but to step in a 25% zone? Where there no other missions available? Was there no other path to take? I heard this complaint before, but never been faced with this problem myself - sure, I've been limited by not going to certain zones, but never forced into one...

-D
    Why in the world would I even briefly consider avoiding any zone because of an irritating game mechanic that I can now easily avoid?

Also, to your earlier point, pretty much every game is about conflict, but that doesn't make it a PvP game. Notum Wars is PvP, but AO is definitely not anymore. There used to be a PvP element in AO that was fun, even for me, but then, inevitably, the idiot gankers, griefers, grid-campers, and title-farmers ruined it for everyone.

People want to know what happened to PvP in this game, well this is it.

I'll PvP for a purpose - ie at Tara, but griefing, alone, in the middle of nowhere, at a mission point? Um, yeah, that advances the cause of Omni-Tek alright.

Edit: For clarity and to remove some unnecessary vitriol
    Last edited by O'Rourke; Nov 13th, 2002 at 20:15:16.

-D
    Ah... someone who only takes missions to BS? Unlike many people, I don't waste hours rerolling missions until I get one with the reward I'm looking for in a specific place (Home) where I'm always safe. So I do missions in SFH, Avalon, and other PvP areas... SFH is usually pretty safe, but I've been shot at in Avalon. I know there are people killed heading into the superior shop in 2HO (I tend to avoid that one, because entering that place at all seems to declare very loudly that you want to fight, even if its not true).

Jaesic

Originally posted by O&#039;Rourke
    I'll PvP for a purpose - ie at Tara, but griefing, alone, in the middle of nowhere, at a mission point? Um, yeah, that advances the cause of Omni-Tek alright.
    Yep... and thats why I'm asking people (you know, those people who haven't responded officially) to take a look at these flaws. Fix them so that maybe the real conflict and the PvP that happens in the appropriate ways and places means something.

I also know there are plenty of other little things that would need fixed to truly make PvP a matter of skill in developing a character and in playing it. But we have to start somewhere.

Jaesic

So I do missions in SFH, Avalon, and other PvP areas... SFH is usually pretty safe, but I've been shot at in Avalon. Jaesic
    SFH & Avalon have never been pvp zones, there is a single patch of pvp in SFH, thats an omni OP, and 2 yards in front of ML.

And in Avalon its inside Camelot, and if u were on missions there, you must be really confused.

Man, you are so clueless I really feel sorry for you, its obvious you just started this thread to nag and bother other ppl, go away will you...
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

SFH & Avalon have never been pvp zones, there is a single patch of pvp in SFH, thats an omni OP, and 2 yards in front of ML.

And in Avalon its inside Camelot, and if u were on missions there, you must be really confused.

Man, you are so clueless I really feel sorry for you, its obvious you just started this thread to nag and bother other ppl, go away will you...
    Sorry, not Avalon, Mort.

Chill out... I don't claim to be perfect, but at least I don't go into threads and harass people about their ideas. If the idea doesn't seem to work, I might post the reasons why I don't think it would... which you have done... and thank you for that... but I don't personally attack someone because I don't agree with their ideas. The fact that you are doing so makes it seem (to me anyway) like you feel guilt about having killed people with the loophole and are defending it so you don't have to feel like you've done something wrong, or you feel like I'm personally attacking you by saying it happens.

In any case, flaming like you are just weakens the validity of any useful thing you have said. If you want me or anyone else to take you seriously speak maturely, use rational arguments, and don't attack the language used to describe an idea only the concepts/points.

Oh... and if you don't want my thread to nag or bother people... stop posting to it so it will fade into obscurity.

Jaesic

Firstly I dont think it is a "loophole", secondly I am so much an optimist I even try to knock some sense into ppl, even tho I know I will fail...This time I`ll leave the issue fall, I have had this discussion on this board with a few months inbetween every time some guy thinking he is immortal in a yalm gets rooted out of the sky and come here to complain about loopholes, exploits and whatnots...
    Its allways the same, the guy in the yalm dont want to be rooted, those on the ground wants him down...If he is smart he lives, if he pokes his nose too far, he dies, nothing more to it really

Sorry if I have been dissing you in any way, was not the intention, last time I`ll give in to reply those these yalm immortality threads, I get so annoyed by them, hehe....
    Signs off..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Firstly I dont think it is a "loophole", secondly I am so much an optimist I even try to knock some sense into ppl, even tho I know I will fail...This time I`ll leave the issue fall, I have had this discussion on this board with a few months inbetween every time some guy thinking he is immortal in a yalm gets rooted out of the sky and come here to complain about loopholes, exploits and whatnots...
    Its allways the same, the guy in the yalm dont want to be rooted, those on the ground wants him down...If he is smart he lives, if he pokes his nose too far, he dies, nothing more to it really
    You know... rooting I can almost buy... but I watched a guy get shot out of the sky by dive bombing madmen with aimed shot... and brawl... ? How can that NOT be a loophole?

Jaesic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12