Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing mob double hit in 14.6?

It was in one of Xtremtech old reports. He asked the Devs if it was intentional that Transcendent Enmity Personification did a LOT more damage than a Cacodemon. It was reported back that yes it was intentional as a trade-off for the Cacodemon's much greater hit points.

The Transcendent Enmity does a double hit on a very regular and predictable basis and its more easy to see the attack pattern after executing a High Chant on it, while attacking a mob with lots of hitpoints and without super evades.

A double hitting combat pet is a very common MP observation and the attack speed difference with the Demon line is very unmistakable even when both are buffed with High Chant...literally there is no way you can't notice the difference.

Its not at all related to 4-5 second lag.

I might try and produce a link tomorrow.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Nov 6th, 2002 at 10:51:12.
    MP's should be FEARED.

I tested on RK-1 and on test-live right now, using a Lesser Enmity Personification against a level 195 Baby Sandworm.

On both I got an average attack period of approximately 4.5 seconds, and a double hit approximately every other attack. Same damage too.

I also checked the attacks of the meta pets in 14.5 and 14.6 databases, and there is no difference at all.

What is changed is that the server now updates the client properly about initiatives on mobs (including pets, and especially when using the Anima programs on them).

This makes the combat cycles on the client appear as they actually happen on the server, which is done to stop the kind of double hits where the defender actually took one of those hits 2 seconds prior to the client getting to know about it, which was a very bad thing (especially for healers).

If somebody can compile a good report with confirmed information about attacks not double hitting, or otherwise being changed, I'd be very happy to recieve it by e-mail so I can check it with QA and the designers.

If another change than I was able to test above was done, and have an effect which I was not able to see during my limited testing, it is a bug, and not an intended change to the pets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12