Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP Boycott and YOU

Smile

I've been wandering around on Rubi-Ka lately, and asked myself several times "Where are all the MP's?" Hardly anyone wants to play MP anymore, and I can sort of understand it. Being an NT, I highly appreciate a nice MP willing to give me a buff, and I've never been told to buzz of. BUT that can be because I always ask nicely, and wait a sec if I don't get answered right away. MP's are _busy_ people I believe MP's are more vulnerable to the "gimme buff now" people than most other profs are. People simply don't ask a "buffing prof" for buffs anymore, they demand. That's what is ruining the fun of the game in my opinion.

Maybe the MP's should start to boycot people with no manners? Give people buffs when they ask in a nice manner, and simply ignore those who don't. That's how I've solved the irritation problem of being a HE provider. When asked nicely, it's just to mark, and press the button, and *poof*. you've made someones day a little better. I think it's important to help out other players, make their day a little easier, and my day is even better

Then again, I'm probably a wierd person; I'm actually quite content with my NT, and I never get annoyed if any other profs get a little "love". Nice for them

Maybe I got a little lost here, but to cut to the bone; a MP boycotting _everyone_ should reroll, but boycotting the occasional (insert bad word here), has all my support! I do the same thing
    Retired, and on my way out. Kicking and screaming

hehe I refuse to buff esse to ppl who sends tells for it - WHEN THEY'RE STANDING NEXT TO MEH!

Ask in vicinity chat and you'll get it nps

That I do understand
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

All Funcom has to do is double the reqs on all the MP nanoprograms except for the nanoskill buffs. Then they will have all kinds of things to look forward to like casting demons at level 195, just like NTs get to wait till then to self-cast their best nukes.
    Posted by Strycker

In a way I see your point. MP's are pretty uber till level 130. But I know a lot of people equipping QL 200 weapons by at least 150. And if you look at the Cocodemon (our highest demon) it's only QL 189. Sooooo how would you like it if the highest QL gun you could have is 189, and it doesn't work half the time. It doesn't matter whether you're able to use it by level 120 or 180, it still sucks.
    Bettiepaige level 202 MP
    Sexxynurse level 59 Engineer
    www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
    My armor setup

Originally posted by besheba

once again a mp is complaining cause they are so uber that they can do eveything at 130

please stop it makes me sick cause even at 200 i will not beable to do everything and can barely do anything now on my own
    Um... uber? Misconception my friend. "we" are complaining that we have nothing to do after 130... how does that make us "uber" it really doesnt, i swear.

Lol... mabye we should have a profession switch day.. you play us we play you... effectively, a day in each others shoes.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Thumbs up Ooooh...

I'd _love to_ Lordtritoch That way, I would probably love my NT even more

Originally posted by kokk
    hehe I refuse to buff esse to ppl who sends tells for it - WHEN THEY'RE STANDING NEXT TO MEH!

Ask in vicinity chat and you'll get it nps

That I do understand

What is with people and "have to ask in vicinity" rather than tells? Tells are nice, they stand out.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio

What is with people and "have to ask in vicinity" rather than tells? Tells are nice, they stand out.
    ~Chris
    Beggers use tells
    Beggers aren't nice
    Beggers sending tells for Credatz while I'm on a mission goes straight on ignore list
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Originally posted by Narook
    Maybe the MP's should start to boycot people with no manners? Give people buffs when they ask in a nice manner, and simply ignore those who don't.
    Oh, I've been doing that for ages. There are quite a few NT's, Doc's, Engie's, and Fixer's on my "no buff"-list, mostly because they

a) are unpolite people, like you describe (mostly NT's, as I recall)

or

b) have the attitude that an MP is a walking buff machine, and not a player with his or her own things to do (mostly Fixer's, as I recall).

or both of the above. Doc's and Engies are generally the nicest people, but in any case the nice people are in majority.

Anyway, Cz have stated now that we have not been abandoned, and that is all I actually needed. I still like playing my MP at lvl 177. Different and strange, I know.
    Last edited by Nephi; Nov 14th, 2002 at 15:32:36.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

Smile

It has never ocurred to me that _any_ professions is there for buffs only, but I'm sure that some people think so, and that's too bad. I hope MP's get some attention soon, first of all because it is becoming clear that people do not wish to play their MP's anymore, and that's a loss. Not because of the buffs alone, but for the balances' sake. I too encounter a lot of rude, stupid people asking me to make their imps, or buff them, but most people are very nice.

When it comes to which proffesion is more nice or not, I haven't noticed any particular profession being either nice or rude, they're all just people. Their profession doesn't make them who they are

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123