Thread: Prime time Tir!

Prime time Tir!

I live in the UK and have DSL 512k with one of the best ISPs in my country.

Lately my lag in prime time (6-10pm GMT) on RK1 has been horrendous. It has become so unstable in the evenings that it is unplayable. Sometimes it can take 20 seconds plus to open a backpack in Tir.

Now I play a few other games online as well as surfing and d/l large files etc and my connection is fine in all other areas. So is the bad connection Funcom server side or is there possibly some other problem I don't know about?

Also I like to find teams in Tir but the lag is getting unbearable there in prime time. You may use the argument that I should go elsewhere but I don't want to. I want to play a MMORPG to mix with lots of people, and that means lots of people will always group into small areas to meet and chat before they team. Is this a problem that could be solved by a server upgrade by Funcom?

During the day I have a steady ping of 120, in the evenings I have a variable ping of 120 - 20000+

Are these problems Funcoms fault in any way and if so are Funcom doing anything about it?

don't worry, lag should get better after patch when ma's find out how horrible we are then and we all quit.

oh, also, wasn't there a severed cable somewhere in the atlantic recently ? may have something to do with it.

Originally posted by garzini
    don't worry, lag should get better after patch when ma's find out how horrible we are then and we all quit.
    ROFL LMAO .

ahahahahahaha

I would say newb except your higher level then me so i shall just say dumbass instead

MAs don't know the least bit about being horrible

and i am sure that you know this but you shouldn't be able to kill a fixer with or without GA unless they screwed up.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by garzini

oh, also, wasn't there a severed cable somewhere in the atlantic recently ? may have something to do with it.
    Yes I read about the cable and I also read that it was fixed.

which isp?
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Originally posted by Wobble
    which isp?
    Im with AOL! No only joking.

Im with Pipex. Voted one of the best ISPs in the UK last year.

Silver

Ah, I'm with freeserve.. the cable being damaged didn't affect my connection at all, seemed to shag a lot of scandinavia, but since it was 'fixed' my connection has gotten a bit worse, i'm thinking that they 'fixed' it by routing scandinavia through the UK to the states or something
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.