Thread: Notom Wars. Group PvP. Everyone looks the same. Heres a solution.

Notom Wars. Group PvP. Everyone looks the same. Heres a solution.

It would be nice if there was a toggle button that you could click on that would make the other side look diff. The major problem in group pvp right now is everyone looks the same. It is like everyone beening Ken dolls in the same uniform. - Right now all you do is [tab] and fire. No real stratagy there.

In big battles in camolet. [tab] is the only way to go. The reason is everyone looks the same.

What do you think about adding a toggle button that you can turn on. that would make the other side look diff. Isnt that way all major armies have ther own unique clothing. This also can be expanded so that an agent can appear as an agent on your side, even though he isnt.
    Omni Trader on RK2

You got to admit thought, the visual looks of evreyone is much more varied then it use to be. Anyone remember when literally everyone walked around in Elite armor and a Primus Coat? I know I do, i use to have well over 20 screenshots of teams who looked exactly the same (with the exception of me, i've always gone Biomech)

What it comes down to is people are always going to use the best stuff they can use. Eventually everyone will be able to obtain these best items and end up looking the same. The only thing that really stops it is a veriety of good items to use, which this game has much more then it use to
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

Here's a simple solution since physical appearances won't change unless Funcom starts implementing completely seperate strains of equipment for every faction which is faction locked.

I am Omni.

All clan characters should be viewed as 'Rebel Sharpshooter' or something along those lines. Make it impersonal between factions.

While we're at it, remove the ability to team with other factions unless you are:

a)neutral
    b)have a neutral in your team and the neutral is the leader

What is your option on the toggle?

This way funcom doesnt have to make 2 diff. designs for every armor. one for clan, the other for omni.

and it adds to the agent idea: the agent would have the ability to appear as either side.

I think it would be easier for Funcom.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Camelot won't change unless the insides are totally revamped

Tab is the only way to go because there are stairs, doors, massive lag and lots of running back n' forth.

Just because you can see someone doesn't mean they are in range, or that you can shoot at them. (you can often start an attack so they can't sit for kits, but nothing happens and nanos say out of range)

Just because you can't see someone doesn't mean they can't spam you with AoEs and roots.

If you can tab someone, its a near-guarentee that all your specials/instacasts will be able to hit them if you use them immediately after.

Even if it wasn't the case, its a lot easier to find the docs, nts and traders that way imo.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Don't think I'd want to be seen in a different uniform than what I'm wearing

But, how about some sort of targetting computer ? One that puts colored triangles or something above potential targets ?

Last edited by ButWalrus; Nov 6th, 2002 at 21:09:41.

Originally posted by Zylina

I am Omni.

All clan characters should be viewed as 'Rebel Sharpshooter' or something along those lines. Make it impersonal between factions.

Thats DAoC.

its a good solution to PVP problems in that World.

This is a different world, and though it might be a better way to play, thats not the way it works.

You want killing in game to be impartial. Its not in life. Why should it be in this MMORPG about a fight for Freedom.

-BW

Allow orgs to choose a color for their floating names.

/org color red

This would make every player in the org have their name red =D

/org color blue

This would make every player in that org have their name blue =D

Red vs. Blue

=D

give omni some incredibly ugly helmets with nice stat boosts. im thinking pastel blue, pink stripes.

give clan some invisble helmets with even nicer stat boosts, we're supposed to get those right?
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

Originally posted by kylee
    give omni some incredibly ugly helmets with nice stat boosts. im thinking pastel blue, pink stripes.

give clan some invisble helmets with even nicer stat boosts, we're supposed to get those right?

LOL, nice idea
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Nen Nen
    Allow orgs to choose a color for their floating names.

/org color red

This would make every player in the org have their name red =D

/org color blue

This would make every player in that org have their name blue =D

Red vs. Blue

=D
    or...

/org color light green

so they can pose as arks.

No thanks bad idea. People shouldn't be worried about the color of their names, just the other names of the people trying to kill them.

Well green can be taken out of acceptable colors =D

It's kind of ludicrous to think that an entire crew wouldn't wear a distinctive uniform or color.

War. Paintball. Maybe AO =D