Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some PvP tweaking coming up in The Notum Wars

Originally posted by Julia

And soldier TMSX is 500-1 millions and fixers GA4 is 600 millions...
    Give me an option to pay 600 millions to be able to play the game, and I'll gladly pay that money..

Just thought i'd add that the ONLY way to get 950 attack rating with a chs as a fixer is if you're using soldier items, like kaehlar sleeves. It is virtually impossible to get your attack rating with a chs above say, 860 using a chs if i estimate right - stats, tl6 ability to spend ip, and frenzy of shells which adds a minor smg boost, the difference between 'shower with lead' and 'frenzy of shells' is not much so with an attack rating of mine at level 175 of 834 with ability boosts, you add another 4-5 points for the next level of smg buff, and a few for assault rifle, however you can only raise that 3 or 4 points per level...bad math, i know, its late, but i am positive a fixer will never get their chs rating anywhere near what is described using grid armor.

And no...fixers do not outdamage soldiers and never will. If i did i suppose i'd be KSing the soldiers that do 3.9k FA's all the time with a flashpoint or the hellspinner(and yes ive seen madde do that much in FA damage using one of those).

Now i only have grid armor mk3 atm...but i must say, it is an excellent, and by far the most profession revolutionizing item in the entire game. Coldstrike is right, i was in awe when a soldier of equal level to me got a 1.4k full auto using a CHS...i was full agg then, but even then i have gotten **** FAs on me when i am full agg. The only time soldiers get FA's above 1k on me is when i am full agg. The highest FA i was hit for was a little under 2.4k at one of halfdeck's 2v2 tournaments when i misjudged who wouldve been the first target and went full agg only to be blasted away by Madde. I can see the desperate need soldiers have for attack rating against everyone and side req on kaehlar sleeves, frankly, is complete BS.

I'll be honest, i won't pull any punches. It is impossible for a soldier of any level to kill a GA4 fixer. How do i know this? Most GA4 fixers say it themselves...and it makes perfect sense, even on pen and paper.

Also, the crit nerf is bull****. I was fighting a soldier two nights ago, the only real damage he was able to do to me was through his nova's or his river's crits. He got a lucky FA later on when i was screwing around on full agg, but regardless, crits are of high importance against fixers. The crit nerf's effect on fixers is that, while the 6 casting professions(adv's are showing improvements on us too) will be able to kill us anyway, the professions, MA's especially, who had close to a 50% chance now have a 0% chance. A lot of MA's are saying they're packing up their bags on pvp, and i don't blame them one bit. Taking away crits from MA's is just like taking away grid armor from fixers. Can't do much without it. If i was to walk into 2ho dressed up in mk2, a HPO, kaehlars, eggs, the whole soldier suit, i'd be dead in an instant. Everyone knows it. Why? Because the evades are what make the fixer special - the HoT will not suffice with the steadily increased amount of damage taken, the reason soldiers while in this position are able to last longer is because of 1.) HIGH colored weapon skills enabling them to a great arsenal of weapons 2.) TMS 3.) More HP. None of those 3 things can be applied on other people. Fixers can outside buff HoTs and speed on other people.

What's funny is last week, in 2HO when RHD black watch had a small guild training session (or as rolled described it) there was 3 fixers - Wigz, a GA4 fixer, me, GA3, and Butwalrus, dressed in albrecht, so8/mkII, kaehlars...Even two smurfs weren't enough to take on the masses, 2 soldiers wouldve cut down the odds greatly. The highlight though, is how a 'mt' was seen of a soldier saying 'Hit the gimp' and all 3 of us knew who he was referring to. I sent that soldier a tell, and he said 'well its true.' How could i deny it though? Fixers are cannon fodder in mass pvp if they don't have the equipment to dodge what's coming at them. Butwalrus has GA4 now, compliments to a good friend of his who gave it to him as a gift, and i'll bet there's plenty of cards that need to be put back in the deck. I'm sure all the fixers, especially the 'Proud to be day 1'(see my sig) fixers will be on my ass for saying that fixers arent much in pvp without grid armor, but it's true.

14.4-14.5.1. i believed my profession to be balanced despite the fact other professions need boosts still. The crit nerf just throws a monkeywrench in everything.

If you take away a fixer's evades, if you take away a trader's drains, if you take away a soldier's TMS, if you take away a MA's crits, only one word describes the new and 'FC approved' profession - Gimped. Why is it, that people are always talking about how the engi needs improvements because they are such an easy kill but at the same time, wish for other professions to be reduced to this level? What is making me more powerful is the fact crits are nerfed - this is a MAJOR change...The only way this problem will be solved without bringing people down to the level of the stone age is by boosting other professions, not nerfing them. We, as players seem to generally have a view on funcom as being a incompetent game creator, we should not follow their footsteps of wanting nerfs on other professions - Look at the people who whined about MA crits being nerfed...and golly gee, in 4 hours and 17 minutes, MAs are going to be total gimps. FC is a factor to profession nerfs, but so is the players who only pvp when they get to level 180-200 and then whine nerf louder than anyone on the block.

Lastly, i highly doubt blizzaro runs through 30 people aggroing him in camelot full agg. You can't resist **** when full agg...even with 1k nano resist, plunders, divests and nukes will still land if you are fully aggressive, GA4 or not. plus the stacking of all the specials hitting him, burst is by far the most lethal special against a fixer. Very rarely am i hit by a soldier burst under 1.8k.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: Some PvP tweaking coming up in The Notum Wars

Originally posted by Belith
    Hello everyone!
    Hello.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Infamine

Nope every soldier dream is when u put out 6k worth of damage not seing ur opponent healing it all back by pushing one key...kinda like hitting a wall here
    amen

Originally posted by Julia

And soldier TMSX is 500-1 millions and fixers GA4 is 600 millions...

lol like cost is a factor

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest
    Lastly, i highly doubt blizzaro runs through 30 people aggroing him in camelot full agg. You can't resist **** when full agg...even with 1k nano resist, plunders, divests and nukes will still land if you are fully aggressive, GA4 or not. plus the stacking of all the specials hitting him, burst is by far the most lethal special against a fixer. Very rarely am i hit by a soldier burst under 1.8k.
    Actually, from what he's said, he does. :P I believe his words were along the lines of: 'I won't let some agg/def bar dictate how I play this game.' :P

But yea. I can tell when a fixer is on full agg. NSDing isn't a problem and then they usually die as the six people missing him suddenly connect with their hits. As for why these six people were concentrating on someone that they can't hit instead of say...that silly trader who's depriving everyone while watching tv...who knows. :P

I honestly don't know how a fixer in ga4 can claim soldiers just need to use tactics to kill them. Lull the fixer in to complacency so they go full agg? So the soldier can get a 1 in a lifetime lucky alpha? Heh. Wow. Wonderful 'tactic'. :P Considering most fixers will evac if dying, using words like 'kill' seem a bit heavy handed. You can chase a fixer away, but it's much much harder to kill them. But hey, they really don't deal tremendous damage. Their real contribution I find is:

*Soaking up fire. Amazing how many people knowing that they can't hit the fixer, target the smurf anyways instead of concentrating their fire on someone else.
    *Chain rooting/snaring.

Yea, their damage isn't anything special, I'll give em that. And unless their GA is debuffed, they'll just be that much harder to kill. Oh well. :P

I'll be honest, i won't pull any punches. It is impossible for a soldier of any level to kill a GA4 fixer. How do i know this? Most GA4 fixers say it themselves...and it makes perfect sense, even on pen and paper.

Also, the crit nerf is bull****. I was fighting a soldier two nights ago, the only real damage he was able to do to me was through his nova's or his river's crits. He got a lucky FA later on when i was screwing around on full agg, but regardless, crits are of high importance against fixers. The crit nerf's effect on fixers is that, while the 6 casting professions(adv's are showing improvements on us too) will be able to kill us anyway, the professions, MA's especially, who had close to a 50% chance now have a 0% chance. A lot of MA's are saying they're packing up their bags on pvp, and i don't blame them one bit. Taking away crits from MA's is just like taking away grid armor from fixers. Can't do much without it. If i was to walk into 2ho dressed up in mk2, a HPO, kaehlars, eggs, the whole soldier suit, i'd be dead in an instant. Everyone knows it. Why? Because the evades are what make the fixer special - the HoT will not suffice with the steadily increased amount of damage taken, the reason soldiers while in this position are able to last longer is because of 1.) HIGH colored weapon skills enabling them to a great arsenal of weapons 2.) TMS 3.) More HP. None of those 3 things can be applied on other people. Fixers can outside buff HoTs and speed on other people.
    This is the perfect reason why we needed the crit nerf. 3-5 hit fights are no way fun.

Also, the stuff like this, about soldiers not having a chance to defeat a GAIV fixer. That is why soldiers complain. That is why GA is much too powerful.

They dropped the crit percentage not to gimp anyone, just to make it so if you have your tower in the middle of no where, some level 200 soldier can't come out and alpha you back to reclaim. They want you to have fun and right now for me, and many others, an alpha means death. And if that don't get me the CRIT CRIT CRIT afterwards will.

Not fun, not fun.

So do you honestly believe that even after crit nerf, fixers will not be easy kills when out of grid armor and in soldier gear? i find that ridiculous. Full auto's will be just as devastating to anyone else...crit or not, there is no special defensive skill a fixer has besides a runbuff and a HoT WITHOUT grid armor. We don't have CoC, nullity, tms, drains or any of that sort to compare with, unless we have grid armor. And those two aren't enough. I do plan on buying kaehlars, HPO, VTs and getting some corona or something when i have the time and money whenever that is and proving this theory for high level pvp game.. I'm sure the fixers who pvp'ed without grid armor at tl6 and just recently got it would be able to verify with you that we'd still be an easy kill out of grid armor, in any place besides MMD.

And about soldiers not being able to beat grid armor, well i had an idea - why not give soldiers an item that increases 'add all off' a lot or expand the laughable automatic targetting line to add significantly more attack rating which is EXACTLY what they need since healing is their weak point? The new 'attack rating' buffs that were just given to soldiers is still not going to be enough. Damage needs to be ultimately stronger now for soldiers now that critical chance is nerfed. The only thing that will draw soldiers away from the extreme need for zoning is a confidence in their damage dealing capability, much more than it will be now - I'm sure there are some soldiers out there who would agree with me on that.

Maybe so, that they dropped crit rate in sympathy for the profs with dark blue evade skills (agents will just easily 100% crit now since they wont have to fear critical hits - and btw, no, concentration is not nerfed. Last i heard it was 200% chance. Not that im saying agents need nerfs) however it DID gimp people. Even the professions they did it for..Zylina even said so that her hits without criticals is around 100 damage...and from what i've seen she doesn't use an ithaca, river6, or raid pistol.

I agree with you, that since professions like NTs and MPs were dying in 3-4 hits *some* adjustment might be needed, but halving crits? I'm starting to think nerfing the LLTS would have gotten more accomplished than what is happening now.

Do you honestly think the MA has a chance in pvp now? They have no more crits, no more way to break roots, and people are still urging for 50% healing which would only hurt them more. Now, their maximum critical chance is less than the crit bonus on UVC in pvp, previously. Their crit chance is lower than a 200 well-equipped soldier's ever was...and a lot of them were the ones complaining about MA's having too high of a crit rate...
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

Soldiers wont be needing any other 'special' treatment to kill now Strom
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

I'm very interested in what profession the MA is supposed to whack?

Agents
    Crats
    NT's
    Fixers
    Traders
    all these have roots and will thus chopchop the MA.

Enforcers? Can't get though the layers.
    Advs? MA damage output is too low to keep up with their heals.
    Docs? Even worse then advs.

This leaves, Soldiers, MP's, and Engies. I doubt MA's are supposed to be good against soldiers, so MP's and Engies? Is that it?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by DaveDread
    I'm very interested in what profession the MA is supposed to whack?

Agents
    Crats
    NT's
    Fixers
    Traders
    all these have roots and will thus chopchop the MA.

Enforcers? Can't get though the layers.
    Advs? MA damage output is too low to keep up with their heals.
    Docs? Even worse then advs.

This leaves, Soldiers, MP's, and Engies. I doubt MA's are supposed to be good against soldiers, so MP's and Engies? Is that it?
    I hate to inform you, but not soldiers either. Not with the crit nerf.

so much exageration here..

my offer: copy some chars of willing - to - test pvp ppl to test center and run some tests with us without others interfering

as for the fixer point:

mp, nt, trader >
    enf, ma, doc ~
    engie, soldier <
    bureaucrat - cant remember having fought one

i personally dont care much if nt gets one anti fixer nuke as im toast to every nt knowing what he does anyway. personally i wouldnt restart a fixer aiming to pvp.

besides that there are some issues maybe worth thinking over for notum wars. the trader divest/plunders are ok but last 3 min. 3 min is a very long time for such strong debuffs. too long maybe?
    i know it only from the other side, so i wont cry for nerf dont know how the traders actually feel with it.

healing = after dmg was halved and now the crits too healing classes can usually outheal the hits at least until their nano runs out. intended? also while casting ppl are still able to use specials.
    i shouldnt be able to burst/aimed shot / brawl/whatever when casting (imho)

pets should be harder to be rooted. especially the engy pets. bureaucrats have some ok nukes (cat-o etc) but engies as far i understand it rely mostly on bot dmg have no heal pet etc.

roots can be broke by debuffing yourself. - hm

snares break too easy. theres not much point casting them imho. takes some strategy out. same with area roots and breaking them by debuffing yourself.

also before taking that much notes of this thread wait until ppl made experiences with 14.6 as a lot pvp things changed.
    we dont know yet exactly how much the crit changes affect certain profs, how mcuh the faster special recycling hits fixers in ga now by some profs like soldiers etc. i would wait 1-2 weeks and than do some additional testing

ps. check this player voting about the professions in pvp:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=56278
    Last edited by Niraxtc; Nov 8th, 2002 at 03:35:06.
    Niraxtc

100% killer 33% achiever 33% socializer 33% explorer

I have too much stuff that is broken on live to start talking about what will be broken in the future.

I wouldnt' start attacking things that aren't even implemented on test. Have fun bashing the BS things that are on live right now.

From the rumours I've heard about the NT's new "fixer-death" nano is that once hit it will disable GA and HOT's. Yes it is a rumour, so dont slap me please. And if that rumour becomes "reality" I will never go against a NT again. Yes, we can evac in 1sec, but then whats the point with PVP/Titles?

But still, I tend to not complain until new stuff is tested out. So we have to see how it works, hehe.

And Piercing - if this nano goes live, I will fear you more than ever before, hihi

ilythia
    fixer, 182

FC listen to the cries of the players! make everyone alpha for 10k damage, each class with an equivelant to GA4, Complete heals, and every week new patches with content, items, and free credits that pop up in your inventory when you log in! /sarcasm off

Is this all you have to say Tantrum? Ahh, an enf *shrugs*

ilythia
    fixer

Originally posted by ----Tantrum----
    FC listen to the cries of the players! make everyone alpha for 10k damage, each class with an equivelant to GA4, Complete heals, and every week new patches with content, items, and free credits that pop up in your inventory when you log in! /sarcasm off

/me can't wait for our broken PvP system to be implimented into NW!!!

there should be a PvP test server...copy anyone they want onto the server and then use those results to fine tune PvP

my 2 sense

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

BANG!!
    ... you're dead. I win. Again.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Mmm.... I love rock paper siccors.... I want my class as the dev killer....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

agents need a boost...

as all thoughts here in this thread show...

agents are NO factor if we talk about pvp.

no agents shouldnt be able to win an open duel,but they should be able to hide-kill-hide

or at least hide-kill-die

and afterwards we should be pretty useless til we are able to concentrate again.(maybe 30 mins).

maybe do some minor healing help in mimic:doc or something.....

whatever the boost maybe...it should be something offense related that only can be used once in 30 mins,but should give us the opportunity to at least bring down ONE SELECTED TARGET!

maybe a "pass evade/ac" nano that lasts for 30 secs and opens aimed to 60%....only usable every 30 minutes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast