Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some PvP tweaking coming up in The Notum Wars

update then Traders do it %100 of the time and only way to live against a Doc is to zone (not evac).
    Nano Shutdown is hard to land and fixers can always run out of range during that period so its np.
    If the opponent knows how and when to attack Fixers will have a really hard time staying in battlefield ****%100**** of the time.

We all start the fight (I suppose) %100 def unleashing your spacials at the beginning is not the wisest thing to do ( %100 of ppl I met are doing this since it works against other proffesions )

Do some planning, play wisely then comment on some facts. ( Not directed to Azz but to all whining Soldiers and MAs out there)
    Last edited by Sware; Nov 5th, 2002 at 11:53:22.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Unhappy

What is the point of this post?

looks like a Dev is trolling.

All I see coming out of this post is a fixer-vs-NT flame war

Do some planning, play wisely then comment on some facts. ( Not directed to Azz but to all whining Soldiers and MAs out there)
    I'm going to comment anyway

I fought a fixer 1v1, he was lvl 180 I think, normal attack couldn't hurt him(got 1150 AR) so I waited for my whole alpha to get back and unloaded it all.

Sunburst MKIII ql 140~ burst, fling
    IEC Flashpoint ql110 Full Auto
    River series 6 ql185 Aimed Shot
    Brawl, dimach

After that he was down to 50%, and before I got my specials back (except brawl) he was back at full hp.

So, my alpha with 6 specials couldn't kill him and my normal attack couldn't hit him 90% of the time.

He had HE running so he would never run out of nano.

Please, give me a hint of how I could have killed him?

I was fully buffed with HE, RRF, essence, doc hp and more.

When we stopped both had full hp and full nano.

So plz gimme some hint of what I do wrong...

I have no problem that I can't kill him, but I think it's total BS that I can't even hit him except with specials.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Re: Re: Some PvP tweaking coming up in The Notum Wars

Originally posted by Nediar

According to the original post, "In some cases we wanted a certain profession to be especially proficient at taking out one other profession". Soldiers already have this vs. NT It's three little buttons clearly labled.. Burst, Fling, Full Auto. Also known as an alpha. Alpha usually == dead NT.
    As someone pointed out here. I do believe soldiers are left out of the equation (again).
    The nanos we will be given are useless or not usable without further gimping ourselves.

I cant fight any other prof with any form of advantage if I am alone. MA engineer, is dangerous as hell, NT with NS and chaincasting nukes/roots is lethal, even a crat will root me and the outcome is usually that I have to contend with the pet while the crat is long gone. The rest of the profs dont need mentioning, since they all kill me or are as good as unkillable by me.

So Belith, can you reveal any plans for soldiers? Apart from giving them nanos that dont make up for the skills we loose when we implant to be able to cast them?

../me grins since he already knows the answer.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

As I told you Fixers cant be killed when at full def or around. Its all Psychology.. make him raise his aggro bar, do not heal your self for some time and pretend that you are running. He wont really harm beyond your recovery time anyways and since MAs outdamage Fixers by far unleash all you got at that point... and pray it wont leave him at %10-20 since he'd evac.

Again... Fixers cant kill or be killed while at %100 def against Soldiers and MAs
    And we all start at %100 def. If we are fighting, its for that we want the kill or we could just avoid you at the beginning.

Think creative...

PS. Once Me and 3 other clanners were trying to kill a lvl 200 doc at 2hO. All including me went full aggro ofcourse. Then Zuca poped out of nowhere and Alpha killed me while I was at %90 health. Got hit about 7k in total I guess.
    Last edited by Sware; Nov 5th, 2002 at 12:38:12.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

bleh once again, all whiners here forgot once thing ...

team-pvp is the way, so stop all crying about 1 VS 1 pvp

some profs need a good boost .. some are ok the way they are

I see traders, soldiers, fixers, docs, good the way they are actually in mass-pvp

little example .. 1 trader vs 1 soldier = soldier dead
    2 traders vs 2 soldiers = much more interesting
    one trader is insta-killed, the trader remaining will have a bad time against 2 soldiers

this example is not perfect, but I hope you see my point :
    both soldiers and traders are GOOD in team pvp, and none is GOD

arena and 1vs1 duel in general is what ruin the pvp in this game, I mean "real" pvp, ie mass fights, and not "I wanna own everyone in arena".

in "real" pvp, with interesting goals (camelot, towers wars soon), things are not like in arenas ... most of the profs are efficients (not all)

ok, that was just (once again) my *****ing against arena *****ers
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Any chance to have more feedback from Dev Team here ?
    If not this is going in an endless spin, like the whole PvP Forum.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Lion Strimple
    As I told you Fixers cant be killed when at full def or around. Its all Psychology.. make him raise his aggro bar, do not heal your self for some time and pretend that you are running. He wont really harm beyond your recovery time anyways and since MAs outdamage Fixers by far unleash all you got at that point... and pray it wont leave him at %10-20 since he'd evac.

Again... Fixers cant kill or be killed while at %100 def against Soldiers and MAs
    And we all start at %100 def. If we are fighting, its for that we want the kill or we could just avoid you at the beginning.

Think creative...
    Guess I'll have to dig up one of the numerous posts where Blizzaro states that he always fights on full agg. And he is as hard to hit as the rest of the GA IV fixers.. So the whole "we need to be full def to be invulnerable" PR stuff you are trying to pull is not real.

And "we can't kill anyone".. Puh-lease.. A fixer has about the same offensive power as a soldier. If *you* can't kill anyone, how the hell am *I* going to kill anyone with 1/20 the staying power?

When I go full aggro (I know it you cant) I take insane dmg from ppl with 1k+ AR Thats a fact and no need to discuss about this really.

As for your killing comment. Offensive PvP for a soldier is 'using specials' , usind many of them = alpha. And.. an alpha is only but only viable if your attack rating really surpasses others evades ( No defence rating just evades). A Fully soldier buffed fixer with AssaultR setup can get 950 AR Max. (CHS which is %33 SMG)while I can do an alpha of 2-3k to an un RRF'ed soldier, the very same soldier can do up to 3-7k depending on how I was buffed. Even a little AR differince makes a big one at high lvls.

I told you I was insta killed, I told you when I raise aggro I got dmged beyond my recovery. And I stated that. The last thing I need is a PR against a soldier that has 1st perspective idea about the game mechanics. Since you ll never ever has a chance against fixers unless you use your brain instead of pushing keys at beserker mode.
    Last edited by Sware; Nov 5th, 2002 at 15:29:52.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Nope

I just want range looked at .
    Revamp the range system!!

One other thing why do you flame&whine about a proffesion that have a minor chance of killing you by him/herself? There are more 'overpowered' proffesions out there and this is a very good diversion for them.
    hehe Sware is pretty smart.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    When we stopped both had full hp and full nano.
    I know why HE had full health but I cannot for the life of me figure out how YOU had full health.

Try this test with me please =)

As for your killing comment. Offensive PvP for a soldier is 'using specials' , usind many of them = alpha. And.. an alpha is only but only viable if your attack rating really surpasses others evades ( No defence rating just evades). A Fully soldier buffed fixer with AssaultR setup can get 950 AR Max. (CHS which is %33 SMG)while I can do an alpha of 2-3k to an un RRF'ed soldier, the very same soldier can do up to 3-7k depending on how I was buffed. Even a little AR differince makes a big one at high lvls.
    A level 200 clan soldier probably has about 1020-1030 AR with the CHS. Omni (without sleeves) should have 42 below that. So we are talking about a difference of 40 between you (As clan) and an omni soldier.

That same fixer has 60 more base skill in dodge ranged. On top of that he has +150 to all evades from the GA IV, and of course the add all def modifier of +2100. I don't know 100% how add all def factors into it all, so I'll leave that out of the discussion.

So we are talking about 40 extra attack rating vs. 210 extra dodge. Really, who has the offensive advantage?

My whole point here is that we do not have the offense to compenasate for our greatly reduced defenses and staying power. If I had the kind of offense that you are talking about then I probably wouldn't complain.

A 7k alpha vs. a Fixer, I guess it's doable, but you don't see those every day. I was in 2HO a while back, and Stromm cried out in amazement when he was hit for a 1400 point FA. So being hit for that much was clearly something out of the ordinary. I don't have any logs, but just off the top of my head I'd guess an average alpha on a GA IV fixer (without RRF) would be:

200-600 AS
    400-800 Fling
    1000-2000 Burst
    400-800 FA

That is using the River for AS and Flashpoint for the rest.

I practically never crit on the fling. I also never land more than a 0 or 1 bullet FA, that also don't crit.

This is of course not anywhere near what it takes to kill anyone in PvP. If I do this enough times I will of course get a kill in the end, but with the special recycle I only have one shot at this per fight. I will be dead long before they recycle to let me do another alpha.

Most of the time I will fight til my health runs low, unload my specials and then zone if I didn't score a kill. I will keep repeating this til I get a kill. If I do this enough time I will get lucky in the end.

Ask any soldier who PvPs, and I'm sure they will say that this is their tactic as well.

All I'm asking is for the soldier class to have some way of PvPing without having to use a zone all the time. I want to be able to go to places like MMD and PvP without thinking that "unless this fight is that one of 10 where I get a few lucky hits in I'm going to die". I want to take part in the "long duration" fights that FC aparently is planning us all to have. I want my fights to rely on more than the outcome of 3-4 keypresses for my specials.

Hmmm.

I think this is all one fairly successful attempt to get people all abuzz over Notum Wars.

And thank god they're doing something about the GAIV fixers.

Coldstrike I gave CHS as example since its the only AR gun that fixers can make any good. If a soldier is using a CHS against a fixer the case is lost for the soldier anyways. Besides that evade boost we get from GA and our base evading skill decreases dramatically when we go aggro to make the damage. And you can afford to aggro since you have RRF on all the time. If we are talking about outsidebuffed encounters well you have the HoT (that suposedly refreshs the fixer after your alpha in no time) on you anyways. Do not forget the mods from your armours and gears aswell.

I am just saying its very likely for 'some' soldiers to kill a fixer.
    If you do not agree with that there is nothing more I can say.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

It has been said before but:

Fixer out damages a soldier
    Fixer out tanks a soldier
    Fixer has more tactical nano's then a soldier
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

I'll put in another obvious matchup: Adv (perception) > Agent (conceal).

But if the prof vs prof matchup is going to be so important, will it be easier to tell what prof a char is? GA, of course, is obvious. The agent masks are reasonably obvious. Pets are only an obvious giveaway that the other side has that type of prof - not necessarily which char is that prof. Selecting a char, hitting T and waiting for the box to pop up can take too long.

I doubt that FunCom expects us to memorize the prof of every char on the server. Maybe have the prof (or visual prof) of the player appear by his name when you select him, just as his title does.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Nothinman

1- At PvM yes. At PvP nowhere close.
    2- True
    3- Yes, if you plan on loosing
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by Nothinman

And soldier TMSX is 500-1 millions and fixers GA4 is 600 millions...
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Novalia

I know why HE had full health but I cannot for the life of me figure out how YOU had full health.

Try this test with me please =)
    I had fixer HoT on me
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast