Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some PvP tweaking coming up in The Notum Wars

Pvp pretty much like this anyway. NT's gets killed by enforcer, mp , trader. Fixer gets killed by NT , trader , mp. Pvp pretty much like this all the time anyway. thumbs up to funcom for making group pvp require more tatics.

I bet soldiers will get a special attack that insta slains the oponent and has 2 mintueis recharge. Every soldier dream..
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Finally I see they are going to add some content for the MP:

Enhanced Cardtable of Spectatorship

Requirements:

Metaphysicist

This item when placed on any outdoor playfield will create a virtual game of Solitaire that the Metaphysicist can use to test their keen mind power after buffing his team and sending them off to combat.

As the Metaphysicist is not intended to do any damage or have high level content other than what he can sniff at by being pitied into a team, the high level Metaphysicists worked in conjunction with their partners the Nanotechnicians in Jobe to create something to keep them paying their rent on Rubi'Ka while their comrades are out satiating their battle lust.

Higher quality versions of this item will allow the Metaphysicist to go head-to-head with his feeble Demon in a thrilling game of War.

For the Metaphysicists team mates an enhancement has been added so that all they must do is right-click the Cardtable of Spectatorship and they will automatically receive Mocham's of their choice with no nano cost to the Metaphysicist.

"Forget all that you have learned. Forget all that you have seen. As a Meta-Physicist you will know all there really is. You will learn how to harness your rage and your anger so you may use it against others or for the benefit of yourself. Through your growing cosmic knowledge of the universe and nano technology, you will be able to summon a manifestation to fight for you and a manifestation to heal your body. Technology has given us the weapon in our hands with which we can fight (Edit: hahahhahahaahhahaahahahhahahah!!!!!), but true power and knowledge lies in the form of our manifestations. Control your anger so you may further increase the abilities of your manifestations, thereby increasing its anger. All the non-believers shall taste that anger! Those that face you shall be stripped of their nano-based abilities, be frozen where they stand, and be bombarded with your energy. The fate of all those that face you is written in time. As a Meta-Physicist you will show them their maker. You are at once, both the beginning and the end."

Strong fields
    Nano formula skills

Some trade skills

Some speed skills

Weak fields
    All other fields

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...physicist.html

Do not play this profession. It is broken.

Originally posted by Julia
    I bet soldiers will get a special attack that insta slains the oponent and has 2 mintueis recharge. Every soldier dream..
    No, every soldiers dream is to be able to PvP without a zone next to them at all times.

What i want to hear is not that you will make an NT a Fixer slayer but how will title system work will i be able to get title while bein teamed?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Don't worry, guys, if your class has any weaknesses to another class you'll be able to complain your way out of it just like some NT's have.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Cheap Shot, PsiRaven. :P

Most of us NTs DID NOT ask for special protection. Some of us DID ask for an NR buff a la Nano Repulsor fix....

More on Topic:

I Like the idea that some profs are more vulnerable to others, but i don't think it should become "necessary" for a certain prof to be around to knock out another prof.
    Last edited by Vergil; Nov 5th, 2002 at 06:53:06.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Sorry, Vergil, I couldn't resist. (no pun intended)

ah-hahahahahaha (slaps knee)
    Last edited by Psiraven; Nov 5th, 2002 at 07:21:46.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Yes please keep on balancing the classes and never mention any of the three petclasses.

Those three are way of the others the MP is ok but not good thanks to pets totally fubar ability to fight.

NS is good but it aint enough.

Engineers are almost worthless i really feel sorry for them.

Crats are wanted in pvp at times, cause they can stand there with a off/def speech running and chainrooting people to make it easier for others. But you can only dream about a kill for a crat, unlesss of course you use game bugs to your benefit like Wenzell did.

It's fun to read about fixers saying that they hardly can be hit but life is so hard cause their attackrating is only 1050 with SMG and if they used a Shotgun it would drop to 860.

My 171 Doc have better attackrating than my lvl 200 crat, my 105 trader have better attackrating than my lvl 200 crat, fully drained of course.

It will be better balance in notum wars but it sure as hell wont be for some classes.

Docs say the same we cant do damage we only have 850ish in attackrating, thats why we can heal so we wont die but cant get kills.

Welcome to the world of the engi and the crat we cant heal we can eaily be hit cause of poor evades and on top of that we have around 850 in attackrating just like you.

Tell me how they ever will balance us against others when you get new nukes, new weapons and new armours that all the time makes you better while we are at the same spot we were a year ago.

If I know FC right they probably make the "fixer killer nuke" to 190% resist so it will never land on a fixer in GA or they will make it so powerful so it's totally pointless to even play a fixer if a NT is close. They either do stuff so noone will use or too overpowered.

And what about when no NT is near?

Fixers should still be "unkillable" then?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Some PvP tweaking coming up in The Notum Wars

Originally posted by Belith
    The NT will be the fixer killer and he/she will get a special nuke that will be very effective against fixers in grid armor.
    Well, one way this could be done is with a line of GA destroyer nanos. (one for each, and since they will be new nanos, they are going to be lvl reqed )
    Aka, nodamage nukes that only destroy GA, or shorten it's duration.
    That way NTs would be very dangerous for GA fixers but not to those with normal armour.

This could become very intresting in mass pvp....
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

My guess is that it will be a low dmg nuke that debuffs matter creation for a min or so.

Maybe even a few of them in different qls, of course they will be lvl reqed.

why even bother commenting FCs Dev ideas?
    maybe they should try the game for start, and THEN come with some Reality checked Solutions
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    If I know FC right they probably make the "fixer killer nuke" to 190% resist so it will never land on a fixer in GA or they will make it so powerful so it's totally pointless to even play a fixer if a NT is close. They either do stuff so noone will use or too overpowered.

And what about when no NT is near?

Fixers should still be "unkillable" then?

So Azz with your great knowledge of the game you think no other proff can kill a fixer unless NTs are given GA killers?
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Some suggestions :

- Obviously fix all range issues and make usefull range debuff.
    - Let pets have a chance to stun opponents in PvP and give a Run Buff nano for pets.
    - Rework the stun factor of some NTs nanos.
    - Rework the Nano Resistance skill to make plyers that want to PvP use it.
    - Let calm / mezz work in PvP and adjust its duration so as to be not too frustrating.
    - Let charms work on pets in PvP.
    - Crits adjustement from 14.6 will bring new life to PvP and that's ok.

A side note : who cares if a Fixer evacuates ? You won't kill him, but he'll be off the playfield long enough. Result is pretty close, even if you don't get a shot at title farming here.
    Fixers should remain very elusive targets and very bad killers.
    I think it's already this way.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

One other thing why do you flame&whine about a proffesion that have a minor chance of killing you by him/herself? There are more 'overpowered' proffesions out there and this is a very good diversion for them.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Re: Re: Re: Some PvP tweaking coming up in The Notum Wars

Originally posted by Nediar

According to the original post, "In some cases we wanted a certain profession to be especially proficient at taking out one other profession". Soldiers already have this vs. NT It's three little buttons clearly labled.. Burst, Fling, Full Auto. Also known as an alpha. Alpha usually == dead NT.
    Too bad for me those same NTs spend so much time in grace/zoning in bunkers that i can barely hit fling before they zone ...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    I'm sure FC will choose the easy way out and make soldiers the Engineer killers.
    Soldiers are allready Engineer killers.

...like most other classes

What's your point?
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Originally posted by Julia
    Nope every soldier dream is when u put out 6k worth of damage not seing ur opponent healing it all back by pushing one key...kinda like hitting a wall here
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Lion Strimple

So Azz with your great knowledge of the game you think no other proff can kill a fixer unless NTs are given GA killers?
    I used "unkillable" didn't mean that it's impossible for all profs, some have a little chance to do it.

MPs can do it if they manage to get a NSD in (very hard to land tho)

Traders can sometimes do it, if they managed to land both divest and plunder so the GA goes down to 50% effective.

If the fixer is at full agg a very good alpha from a soldier can hurt pretty bad, at full def that rarly happends.

This is only in 1v1, in mass combat with afew using specials on fixer at same time he can go down very fast tho.

But, fixers have very hard to kill most profs too, great defense, less good attack.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast