Thread: Social Armor

Angry Social Armor

What is the point of making certain clothing "social armor". Take the "Kung-Fu Suit" for example. It adds no stats but can't be worn over anything else because it is social armor. How is it different than a trench coat or cloak that can be worn over armor?

your mind boggles at the strangest things...

The reason is mostly stylistic. There are many people who dont realize how bad it would look to have various combat peices and social pieces mixed together. This is just helping out the stylistically challenged.

(anything that prevents atroxes running into battle with thongs on is a good idea)

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Re: your mind boggles at the strangest things...

Originally posted by Animosity
    (anything that prevents atroxes running into battle with thongs on is a good idea)
    So true! I know they supposedly don't have much to show in 'that area', but still...

Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Social armor is why we play the game in the first place.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I just wanna wear my kung-fu suit over my armor...

I think they (Funcom) fear that it interferes with proper PvPing because with that on the back you can't tell what armor (for the most part) folks are wearing and such.

Honestly, if that's truly the reason, then it's rather silly. I don't see a reason to venture out into PvP if you are going to trade extra protection in the back slot for a suit.

I really doubt it's for fashion sense, for Funcom doesn't really have that much if you look at some of those clothes. Some are truly awful. And if folks are complaining about people going around in bikinis and such during combat, well heck, tell those folks to get over it and learn to let folks have fun.

I say let us wear what we want in whatever combination we want. Heck, we're only paying their bills and paychecks for them.

I don't think it's just that social clothing hid armor. You can still wear a robe over armor and no one can see what you're wearing. I think it was specifically aimed at the one piece bathing suits that went in the back slot. Those not only hid the armor, but made it appear to newbies that you had no armor on at all.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops