Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whiners

whiners

I have been checking out threads on this board and I just wanna say that I have never seen a bigger group of whiners. So your character doesn't get to most bad ass killer in the game, or maybe you don't get something just the way you want, or maybe Funcom can't take care of something as fast as you want. I would like a few things to be handle different with my NT, it would be nice if I could overequip to, but I do not piss and moan like a little baby. THIS GAME RULES QUIT YOUR CRYING.

Talking eheheh

yeah, whiner .....
    tradeskillz ?

Agree!!!!!!

I totally agree with you. People complain wayyy to much on here for my liking. They will fix things in their time. and only their time.. for now just put in small things about things you think need fixing but in reality maybe they already fixed it?? maybe the thing you think is wrong is actually the fix?? Ever think of that???

Just a few things everyone needs to think about
    Yes, I am the REAL Village Idiot!

These are my favorite posts, whines about whiners.

Watch out for that black kettle, mr. pot.

I think you should go for the completely ironic way of saying it.

And people, due to the flaws that are in the game (not denying it...), shouldn't we be more positive towards other players? I mean, we need it.

Still waiting for the 'Flame', 'Rant' and 'Whine' boards.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Originally posted by Tomasin
    These are my favorite posts, whines about whiners.

Watch out for that black kettle, mr. pot.

I am not whining. I am yelling at whiners because I am sick of their sh*t. There is a difference.

Wink

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    Still waiting for the 'Flame', 'Rant' and 'Whine' boards.
    ay yeah, now that would be a nice addition to the boards ... why not call it the general-board ? ehehehe

na, seriously (does that exist ? ,) ), i think we need a place to rant and whine and curse and point fingers and stuff ehehehe and it needs some kind of official name so all the whiners get fooled into believin someone's actually reading it ehehehe .... ,)
    tradeskillz ?

one persons whine....

One persons whine is another persons way of presenting an idea or a flaw (either good or bad).

I haven't been into posting on this particular board for so long, but since I have been, I've been posting lotsa

I enjoy discussing bugs, flaws, hit, misses and maybe's with my fellow players (in my case mostly doc's). And I even have been known (bad me ) for blaming it on FunCom If this is considered whining, so be it.

The fact still stands that I think this game 0wnz, I play it almost every night when I have time and I have come to enjoy lvling my AO chars more then I like playing any other on line game. So does commenting on (obvious) flaws make me a bad person?

I think FunCom created a great game that has brought a lot of pplz a lot of fun and exitement, including me. But since a lot of people spend a lot of time on Rubi-Ka, for some these flaws (bugs) can get very frustrating, the board gives them an outlet to people who know what they are talking about. I think this is a good thing!

In conclusion, the fact that someone posts on this board with comments on bugs and flaws and balance errors and whatever, realy. Means that they DO still care about the game and still play it to such an extent that they are willing to put in the time and effort to report the errors (and to discuss ways to avoid them, read the doc aggro threads, realy helps alot). So I think these so called "whiners" (for the better part) are just frustrated players who actually DO care about what happens in this game instead of just flaming it!

I bought the game (boxed)
    I pay for my subscription (not boxed) thus
    I have purchased the right to whine, and that's a good thing because I LUV this game

GreetingZZzz

PS: Ya wanne see whiners?? Check out the ao-basher.com trolls thread thingy, always good for a laugh or two
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

YEAH kyleb, glad someone said it. I must say I have seen both. Very articulate well thought out debates and down right complaining. But it seems the complaining outshines everything else.

"I have purchased the right to whine, and that's a good thing because I LUV this game "

You got that freedom way before you bought this game friend.
    Atrox Enforcer

Headcracker

"I have purchased the right to whine, and that's a good thing because I LUV this game "

You got that freedom way before you bought this game friend.
    True, true, of course ;o) But what I meant to say was that (although not very expensive, for me at least) it costs real money to play this game. For that you may expect everything to function as it should and I think we can all agree on the fact that it doesn't.

That's not whining, that's an obsevation, or a fact as you will.

I myself am for the debating, the bugs are there and better to think of a way to get past them then to keep repeating that they are there, there is no point in that and it is obvious.

it would be nice if I could overequip to
    Kyleb m8, although I can c your point on the whining thing, I do not understand this Why on earth do you want to overequip a nano-technician The only thing you need to do is to team with an MP, get him to give you the masteries or the teachings (dunno what lvl you are at), buff the commons, get some decent implants (make a doc give you +80 treat) and dig in to those Uber damage nukes. Realy m8 NT's have little to complain in this game. They only use nano and they have humid extr. to regen that, they are in the background of teamplay so they haven't much chance of dying because the aggro on them is bearable. And then if they don't feel like fighting they can sit around Omni E BB or Tir Whompa making millions at assembling implants.

Forget the guns, NUKE EM

Play a doc through lvl 80 without getting extremely frustrated at least once, and you will earn my utmost respect!

GreetingZZzz
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Hey Kyleb..

What's your definition of whining, fanboy? Your post sure looks like a whine to me - a whine about whiners - and, no - sorry - there is NOT any difference.

Besides, if ever there was a game that deserved more than it's share of whiners, this is it. One person's whine is another persons statement of "this is not what I'm willing to pay for because (insert feedback)..." I'd say that was actually quite valuable. I think even Funcom eventually came to realize that, hence the verbal change in direction, albeit not much action on it yet.

So the bottom line is that you don't have to read anyone's whining rants. Just move on. But, frankly, the game is much improved because of them.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

nice of u to open a seperate thread for this kyleb.. being not content with the game and whining about it is one thing, we paid for it and it's not what 95% of us expected a finished product would be.. but opening a seperate whine-thread about whiners is just plain old whining..

and if u just looked at this board a month ago it must mean that u weren't here from the start but only for a month (brilliant deduction on my part there).. and if ur only here for a month then i can understand u not being fed up with the crappy changes/bugs/features/... to a great game (yes great game, crappy everything else.. that's why we whine 'cause we actually love this game.. otherwise we'd have already quit and not given a damn about it) yet but u will be though..

WE WHINE CAUSE WE CARE! (well most of us anyway, others just whine first, think later like u do..)

hmmm...

What was that saying.. "Whining is in the ear of the beholder?" "One persons complaint is the others whine?" "Don't whineflame when your sitting among flamers?"

Bottom line, your opinion decide what's a whine and what's a complain. This is not an objective science.

Now stop whining about people whining.

Unhappy BABY

Quit YOUR whining

Stop whining about his whining about the guy whining about other people's whining.

Originally posted by kyleb

I am not whining. I am yelling at whiners because I am sick of their sh*t. There is a difference.
    Yeah right, that's what ALL the whiners say. Tomasin had it right the best posts are 'meta-whines'. But I gotta admit that a 'I'm not whining I'm yelling...' comes in a very close second.

Hmm...

Isn't there a region in the game called "Whine"? Perhaps we could all go there and continue the discussion.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

kyleb or whatever

huh? whining about whiners is different?
    look there treads a fine line between "whining" as in
    damnit it's so hard to get credits at my level ...then there's
    "whining" as you call it, damn my riposte move is broken, so are all my other MA moves...
    hmm... if we don't "whine" how's funcom gonna be able to know anything? they OBVIOUSLY don't play their own game enough to be sure of the bugs...

Red face First Guy

Can you tell me the original poster of this thread is not a whiner. SHUT UP i dont care what you think!!!!!
    If you have a problem with whiners then go and play solitare. Maybe that way you can understand that everyone does whine regardless.

Difference between:

Waa! Riposte is broken! FIX PLZ, you suXX0r! (I do appologize if anyone finds this rude.)

AND

There is a glitch in Riposte which makes the time counter start, but the actual skill has no effect. No animation is played, and the chatbox doesn't report anything. Anyone gotten this to work at all? I've sent in a bug report about it.

So basically, if you complain about something without contributing to it's change (for the better), you are a whiner, no matter what you say.

I'm not pointing out names, but some people here DO whine, and some comes with good ideas. There is a difference. I ask everyone here to calm down and make up ideas. Even if Funcom doesn't implement them, it sure is much nicer to read a well thought 'might be' than a 'is not'.

As I've said before, I am still waiting for the 'whining' boards.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast