Thread: Mission Selection = Utterly Painful

Mission Selection = Utterly Painful

I found it intersting to note a few numbers, not unusual numbers for this paticular AO activity, fairly average numbers in my own experience..

While looking for a suit of armour in this case, a few pieces of, anyway, i am 2 of 3 missions i want and 20k credits shorter..

i did a bit of numbering
    and at level 45.

20k credits = 444 mission requests.
    444 mission requests x 5 missions per requests = over 2000 missions which i have looked at in the last.. however long ive been standing by this mission terminal.

(sigh)

certainly ive had better luck then this, finding 3 missions which have the items i want, but i have also had worse (much) worse luck...

id like to submit this as an average example of mission trolling. and request that some feature be added to narrow down a players search time.

my finger is getting very tired.

i just want some Senpi gloves.. Tertius, Secondus or Primus.. dont matter which.. Basic tech even.. or Flowers would be good enough. Ive seen all of em at one point or another.. i know that they are available..

I say GRR.
    and you can quote me on that.

Durn found a pair on a mission nobody wanted em so sold em in a store.

Clicksaver

download it
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

clicksaver?.

heh actually there was a point i had a mission selection macro set up... i guess im not the only one who thought of it. ...

i think... thats a pretty good illustration of my point tho.

Lightbulb

Perhaps they should re-design the mission terms so that you can request a larger number of missions all at once. Then it can just charge you based on how many you requested. Just an idea.
    That's my two credits....

- Antoine Kozar (Greengiantj)
    AntoineKozar@yahoo.com

"Any forum posting, if allowed to go on long enough, eventually leads to flaming." - Dat Phan

Clicksaver Integration

My two cents on this is that Funcom ought to buy Clicksaver from the guy/gal that made it and integrate it into the mission selection screen. Odds are, from what I've read about Funcom's position on things, and I could be wrong, is that they aren't too thrilled about probably 50% or more of the population of Rubi Ka using Clicksaver. Like I said, I could be wrong. The fact is, the mission terminal ought to be revamped so that it integrates the basics of Clicksaver so that you don't have to shift click a mission to see the reward, and you don't have to pull up a third party program to easily see what you're getting or shop for an item(s).
    Perhaps this has been proposed before, but I'm adding my little thoughts on every subject I have them on while I patch today.

Reaper
    76 Fixer
    BattleReaper: noun; The blitzing armorer of Rimor.
    General of Fire Dragons
    Level 165 Solitus Fixer
    If you need it, and you've got the cash, I can get it for you.
    www.reaperianpress.0catch.com

Id rather not see a change here. If getting the right stuff was made too easy, everyone, and I mean *everyone*, would be walking around with the best of the best.

Right now its kinda charming that below a certain level, people walk around in a big patchy suit of armor, because its all they could find.

Also, if you could get what you wanted through missions easier, guilds would no longer be a good source of those missing peices, stores wouldnt be a source, RK exchange wouldnt be a source... alot of the economy in selling complete suits of armor, special weapons, etc, would be shut down.

On a side note, Ive never used clicksaver or similar, and probably never will. And I still have probably the biggest pistol/weapon collection on planet :P (aside from special boss drops, etc)

/Jere

Well. im using clicksaver now.
    tellyawhat. mission selection is improved 1000 fold.
    (give or take a fold)

the carpal-tunnel in my wrist is getting better.
    my nerves are even un-fraying.

go clicksaver.!

(grin)