Thread: And yet another Yalmaha bug !

Exclamation And yet another Yalmaha bug !

I have three characters that have a Yalm equiped.
    Two of them haven't any kind of problem, the last one has a Yalm that is totally fubared.

This last one is my Fixer. I dedicated a lot of time to gather 5+ millions at level 50 to buy a Q35 Yalm in store. And my experience with the Yalm is a nightmare.

Facts :

- Outdoor zone are treated like indoor zones. When I zone with my Yalm equiped, I am out of the Yalm after zoning and the Yalm is still equipped but grey in my HUD.

- At this stage I can put the Yalm from the HUD to my Inventory and re-equip it, but I stay on foot.

- If I put the Yalm in my inventory and zone again, I can put it back in the HUD, get the Yalm morph and fly.

- I can't remove my Yalm if I don't zone. In the same zone, I can remove my Yalm from my HUD, put it in my inventory, and still be morphed in a Yalm and fly around.

- The only part that is working workly is zoning inside missions with my Yalm.

- But exiting mission in Yalm morph has a 50% success. I find myself very often on foot, have to desequip the Yalm outside, find a zone and put back the Yalm.

Problems :

- I can't get out of my Yalm in a zone to make xp at a suitable spot.

- I can't cross zones and still be flying.

- I can get killed in dangerous zones while exiting a finished mission.

What does really bother me :

Getting to a mission is a pain, but I can usually cope with the cumbersome process. My main frustration is that I planned to use my Yalm to accomplish the Fixer's Grid Quest, and the part with the 'great NPC run'. This is absolutly not doable right now withing being killed a dozen times in OT territory.

What I can do :

I petionned and explained these problems. The answer was something like "We are aware of the problem yadiyada". I don't know if the next patch will take care of that problem.
    Still, I am ready to assist any dev from FC to study the problem and try any trick. I have already tried many things involving putting the Yalm in bank / bag and zoning / logging.

I am available in the evening GMT+1.

[EDIT]
    From 14.6 bugs report :
    35) Can't zone with a Yalm anymore... drops to the ground, and the yalm is greyed. [Dhurdahl] - sure I've zoned fine... will check. Dhurdahl - any further info, may be related to wierd screwed up yalms below ql50? ie a ql30 Yalm now has vehicle air requirement of 134 (up from *about* 83 on live) and a ql32 has vehicle air requirement of 55 [Darkbane] Low QL Yalms - FIXED 14.6.0.2 - not sure about Dhurdahl's bug.
    The bugged Yalm is Q35, while the other functionnal Yalm are Q40+. Are all the issues described in my post corrected in 14.6 ?
    Last edited by Unexpected; Nov 4th, 2002 at 09:39:53.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

possible solution

ok...this is going to sound pretty strange, but try putting your yalm in the bank for a short spell

It worked for me and other of my guildies with the same problem
    "We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

The problem is that it's not accounting for a few points in vehicle air correctly. It determines that your yalm is OE and unequips it so you won't be stuck (fix for another bug I think).

Solution, spend a few more points in vehicle air, less than 5 should do.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

not sure but this might be your problem.... i have an alt that i just bought a Yalm for... i wanted to put the least amount of IP in to Air Veh and still be able to use it... so i would have to buff up everytime to get it on... once in the Yalm i would be fine, till the buffs ran out or i zoned... once they buffs ran out the yalm started doing a lot of wierd things... alot of the problems i had sound like the same problems you have experienced... i fixed it by putting Air veh. up to where it should be to fly the yalm... buffing a yalm on is a bad itea, just send the IP... itll pay off in the long run...
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Thx for the support (players support that is).

1) Tried every bank / bag trick with no success.
    2) I will use a Air Vehicle implant to go above the requ I need to fly my Yalm. I have them unbuffed, but I am also in full Dillon's armor at the moment, and I guess that some points are added this way.

Stay tuned...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Don't bother checking your base skill in vehicle air. It depends on dribble-down.

It simple tho. When you zone, your skill gets calculated without external modifiers causing dribble down. Your armor (or items) add either intellingence or agility.

You will be able to equip it inzone, but when you zone, the check sees you lacking in skill and disables it.

Solution: Take off all your gear with modifiers to Intel or Agility. Up Vehicle Air to the required skill, put stuff back on.

Simple enuff. And I can't believe the GM's didn't inform you of this.

PS. This is the something of the same bug that causes dribble down from Shades of Lubucration to "time out" making engineers loose controll over their pets due to lost Intel dribble-down.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Caol you are my personnal hero.
    Vehicle Air is light green, I'll spend a few more IPs in it without any remorse.

Still have to check the cure though.

Checked, it's fixed now.

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Wha-Ha!
    It simple tho. When you zone, your skill gets calculated without external modifiers causing dribble down. Your armor (or items) add either intellingence or agility.
    Yes, simple, and a bug that has existed for a long time in many other forms. I still vividly remember the day Whatsamatta put on his Quantum Wings at Harrys, flew east to Pleasant Meadows, and found himself swimming next to a couple of sharks when he zoned. A few seconds later he was sitting at reclaim, and had lost a huge chunk of xp. The Neleb's Robe was not factored into a "can fly" check as he zoned.

More recently, Bima had the same problem as Gummi. One minor piece of gear, Sekutek gloves, was making the difference in that one point of IP to have my Yalm equipped.

I really wish this equipment bug would be fixed. It is very clear to me that it is a bug, its not as though people throw off all their gear when they zone and then don it all again.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Half of the fun in AO is to know the "work arounds" for bugs like this. Glad you made it work, Gummiz. ooga booga!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal