Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overthrowing OT-command

Post Overthrowing OT-command

Well met I am O´shovah Gilgamesh the everflame

I am not very pleased with what OT-command has done in reaction to resent events. I will not name these events since you all know what we are talking about.
    I think that many organisations has had the same thoughts. I also believe that the organisations of OT-RubiKa, can do a better job, or so I hope.
    Either way, I wish to overthrow OT-command, and make their jobs our own, since its not OT-command that is OT, it is the organisations that is OT.

O´shovah Gilgamesh the everflame, leader of the shovah, invites all willing organisations to participate in this event, both clan and OT, even neutral are invited.

Contact Oshovah or Thobias if you wish to know more.

Angry

There is a word for what you wish: treason. Inciting to ally with the clan to do it is even worse. I too complain about the lack of reaction from OT. But I hope their next one will be your trial for treason.
    Fortunately, many Omni people won't follow you because they blame their command for the lack of reaction against the clans, and so they'll never accept to ally with clans.
    Last edited by TahitiBob; Jan 8th, 2002 at 17:25:31.

Thumbs down

You think your going to be able to get enough ignorant people to join you? Enough people that you could command any threatening military strength? Nope.

Post You dont know...

Solrael, you think you know about my connections? About my political power and influence?

You do not even know what I stand for, what I am trying to do.
    I know I speak in metaphores, but this is only because simpletons, such people as you, cant ever comprehend the word I am spreading.

You might be able to be thaught this, and after you have been thaught you can learn. But untill you have been thaught, do not come say such things you know nothing about.

O´shovah Gilgamesh the everflame

Lightbulb

May thy be enlightened... by a laser shot.
    Last edited by TahitiBob; Jan 9th, 2002 at 18:40:02.

Re: You dont know...

Originally posted by Darksnake
    Solrael, you think you know about my connections? About my political power and influence?

You do not even know what I stand for, what I am trying to do.
    I know I speak in metaphores, but this is only because simpletons, such people as you, cant ever comprehend the word I am spreading.

You might be able to be thaught this, and after you have been thaught you can learn. But untill you have been thaught, do not come say such things you know nothing about.

O´shovah Gilgamesh the everflame

aaaaaahahahhahahahahahah

Political power and influence?

Simpleton? ... Hey buddy, http://www.hop.com/

Out of character, read Funcoms recent news. If you hold an event that's geared towards directly changing the storyline, they won't observe it.

So your wasting your time.

In case you don't read the news, I copy/pasted the relevant info for you.

Event Guidelines and Information

Here are some basic guidelines and information to help you create a more believable event atmosphere in your events. Remember, if you aren't actually Philip Ross' daughter, don't say you are his daughter. By the way, none of you are Philip Ross' daughter.

They...

--->Should not feature any major story characters (Ross, Radiman, etc.)

Should not create relationships for major story characters (Radiman's Mistress, Ross' daughter, etc.)

--->Should not trigger any major world events that might eclipse the story (wars, major political upheavals, plagues etc.)

Should not introduce any new technology (ships, weapons, etc.)

Should not introduce new breeds, races, or monsters.

Should not create personality for current breeds, races, or monsters. (Suddenly Eye Mutants know how to cook and are master chefs!)

--->Should not alter the existing political hierarchy (who leads the various departments of Omni-Tek, or the major Clans, etc.)

Should not contradict the main story

Should not explain historical events (old Earth war, early history of Rubi-Ka, etc.)

Should not have to rely on GM support.

Not only will overthrowing Ross not work, but it won't be observed by funcom no matter what any of you do. The only parts of the storyline we can change or alter, are the parts they ALLOW us to change and alter.

Think "Choose your own adventure" .. the story is already written, the only interactive part is during physical events that we don't design.
    Last edited by Ymodem-G; Jan 9th, 2002 at 19:02:35.

Re: Re: You dont know...

Originally posted by Ymodem-G

aaaaaahahahhahahahahahah

Political power and influence?

Simpleton? ... Hey buddy, http://www.hop.com/

Out of character, read Funcoms recent news. If you hold an event that's geared towards directly changing the storyline, they won't observe it.

So your wasting your time.

In case you don't read the news, I copy/pasted the relevant info for you.

Event Guidelines and Information

Here are some basic guidelines and information to help you create a more believable event atmosphere in your events. Remember, if you aren't actually Philip Ross' daughter, don't say you are his daughter. By the way, none of you are Philip Ross' daughter.

They...

--->Should not feature any major story characters (Ross, Radiman, etc.)

Should not create relationships for major story characters (Radiman's Mistress, Ross' daughter, etc.)

--->Should not trigger any major world events that might eclipse the story (wars, major political upheavals, plagues etc.)

Should not introduce any new technology (ships, weapons, etc.)

Should not introduce new breeds, races, or monsters.

Should not create personality for current breeds, races, or monsters. (Suddenly Eye Mutants know how to cook and are master chefs!)

--->Should not alter the existing political hierarchy (who leads the various departments of Omni-Tek, or the major Clans, etc.)

Should not contradict the main story

Should not explain historical events (old Earth war, early history of Rubi-Ka, etc.)

Should not have to rely on GM support.

Not only will overthrowing Ross not work, but it won't be observed by funcom no matter what any of you do. The only parts of the storyline we can change or alter, are the parts they ALLOW us to change and alter.

Think "Choose your own adventure" .. the story is already written, the only interactive part is during physical events that we don't design.
    /OOC starts

I have already read this.

I roleplay however I wanna.

And dont post OOC on my threads without saying they are OOC.

if you have anything to say to me, contact Oshovah in-game.

/OOC ends

Re: Re: Re: You dont know...

/OOC starts

I have already read this.

I roleplay however I wanna.

if you have anything to say to me, contact Oshovah in-game.

/OOC ends

If you already read it, why are you wasting your time.. and your factions time?

The company has given you the writing on the wall, you should try reading it.

Re: Re: Re: You dont know...

/OOC starts
    /OOC ends
    Did you not read Windowlicker's comment because it CLEARLY states out of character in it... YOU SIMPLETON

saying out of character = /OOC

Eleetist
    Lvl101 Agent

Thumbs down

You call me a simpleton? Then tell me... is "thaught" another one of your metaphors? Allow a "simpleton" to correct you.

teach (tch)
    v. taught, (tôt) teach·ing, teach·es
    v. tr.
    To impart knowledge or skill to: teaches children.
    To provide knowledge of; instruct in: teaches French.
    To condition to a certain action or frame of mind: teaching youngsters to be self-reliant.
    To cause to learn by example or experience: an accident that taught me a valuable lesson.
    To advocate or preach: teaches racial and religious tolerance.
    To carry on instruction on a regular basis in: taught high school for many years.

v. intr.
    To give instruction, especially as an occupation.

"Thaught" is simply not a word.
    So much for look smart, huh?

Source: www.dictionary.com

Connections? Alright, I may not know your connections, I'll give you that. But let me put it this way; I have too much faith in the faction leaders of Omni-Tek to believe that anyone would follow such a useless, lost, cause. Especially when you are trying to do it.

re

Originally posted by Solrael
    Connections? Alright, I may not know your connections, I'll give you that. But let me put it this way; I have too much faith in the faction leaders of Omni-Tek to believe that anyone would follow such a useless, lost, cause. Especially when you are trying to do it.

To finish this thread, I just thought I'd post an example of his "Political influence" and "Power" for you Solrael.

http://www.anarchyonline.com/org/stats/d/1/name/1634307

Funny thing being, I think Solrael could kill his entire guild solo.

rofl

Post Applause

/ OOC

Finaly people who actually replies, even tho its flaming, hehehe....

/ OOC
    Last edited by Jhoanna; Jan 10th, 2002 at 12:10:46.

/me comes stumbling in through the door and is instantly caught in the flamewar.

Ohhh Crap!!!!

/me jumps out of the door.

a little p.s.: Don't attack people because of a typo. I make tonnes of them. It just seems I dunno.......
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

/OCC

Let the man roleplay however he wants to.

And read those guidelines once more and you may understand why this isnt necesarily outside the guidelines. As I see it, he is roleplaying a madman who THINKS he can overthrow Phillip Ross. The player knows this wont happen, but that shouldnt stop him from playing a character that tries to do it anyway.

Roleplaying is all about seperating YOUR knowledge from your characters knowledge. Your character didnt read that guide from Funcom.

Applause

Originally posted by Kexi
    /OCC

And read those guidelines once more and you may understand why this isnt necesarily outside the guidelines. As I see it, he is roleplaying a madman who THINKS he can overthrow Phillip Ross. The player knows this wont happen, but that shouldnt stop him from playing a character that tries to do it anyway.

Roleplaying is all about seperating YOUR knowledge from your characters knowledge. Your character didnt read that guide from Funcom.
    /OOC

Thanks for the post, you are very right.

You call me a simpleton? Then tell me... is "thaught" another one of your metaphors? Allow a "simpleton" to correct you.

teach (tch)
    v. taught, (tôt) teach·ing, teach·es
    v. tr.
    To impart knowledge or skill to: teaches children.
    To provide knowledge of; instruct in: teaches French.
    To condition to a certain action or frame of mind: teaching youngsters to be self-reliant.
    To cause to learn by example or experience: an accident that taught me a valuable lesson.
    To advocate or preach: teaches racial and religious tolerance.
    To carry on instruction on a regular basis in: taught high school for many years.

v. intr.
    To give instruction, especially as an occupation.

"Thaught" is simply not a word.
    So much for look smart, huh?

Source: www.dictionary.com
    have I ever said I looked smart?

Post Treason and joining us

If I wish to revolt and overthrow OT-command, yes, this may be treason. But if you look deeper into this, what OT-command are doing, what they are presenting, and how they are acting.
    Or not acting.

If I feel that they are doing the wrong things, all the time. If many sympathize with my cause. If we feel these actions which they clearly do (and in some cases, do not) are wrong. Why should we take it?

If this is you definition of treason, then I am this. Gladly, and proud.
    I am what I am, and I fight for what I fight. Even though you believe this is wrong, I believe this is right.

Tonight, somethings will happen. It will only be the beginning of a long campaign. Tonight there will be a new type of war, a holy war.

We care not if we are proclaimed terrorists, murderers or sinners. The only thing we care about is the greater good, in all of its forms.
    Therefore I ask of you, join us in our battle. Our struggle.
    The strife.

O´shovah Gilgamesh the everflame.
    Leader of the shovah.
    Commander of the burning zeal.

Once again you are proven wrong... Plenty follow my cause, our cause.
    The burning zeal is formed.

re

Originally posted by Kexi
    /OCC

/ooc
    I was simply pointing out the events that where being planned, have:

1. Been tried a hundred times, and are proven to not work.

2. Also had a specific news article outlining the fact they won't work.

I roleplay all the time in AO.... Feel free to play against the rules, but no one will observe anything you do.

Waste of time if you ask me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast