Thread: Something simple to add...a damage range...

Something simple to add...a damage range...

Somewhere in the stats put a damage range.... The max and min of a gun doesn't tell you what the damage that you the damage you can do, thus the need for a damage range. It would be the actual damage you do. Like I can hit between about 50 and 1300 or so. I know that much, but I want the actual range limits. Having that would also make choosing a weapon much more easy and deciding what modifying items you should have. I'd love to see it implemented.

Does no one else want this lil thing?

In other words something that will log an average for the weapons after shot/used so many times. Sounds great but may get annoying. But something nice to have around. Anyways spiffy idea. BUMP!

Isn't the damage range controlled by modifiers like buffs and stuff and therefore any attempts at trying to give you damage range in an Items description would be inaccurate at best.

I think he's talking about in the Stats window, they should actually show the Max/Min Damage after Attack Rating taking effect...

Wont that also be affected by AC of the target and reflect / absorb stuff?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

not really. There has to exist somewhere in the equation a base damage that you do with the weapon, before ac/absorbs affect it. IE you can do a max hit of 1k, but you didn't hit for max dmg because mob x has 3k projectile ac.

well its about +100% base damage per 300 pts attack rating.
    at least theres a starting point, maybe someone else can help more

Every 400 points in skill, your damage goes up by a factor of 100%. THe crits if you score them are added to the max damage of the weapon, before factoring it by skill.

So if your skill level is 800 then multiply the damage of your weapon by 3. It's linear too, so if your skill is 600, then you multiply by 2.5.

There would be some benefits of having this done, but the implementation would probably make your computer lag, and that is to say nothing of the headaches in coding errors that would have to be cleaned up after implementation.

Essentially, there are alot of things in the game that require a good old-fasioned calculator, and a little knowledge of the game. We're not at the point yet where we can waste time implementing too many interface improvements, when there are still other major improvements to be made on the system as a whole.