Thread: questions about ellts

Truly naive questions about ELLTS?

I have some few questions about ellts.

I tried a 15%one today and was amazed by the speed of my guns. With MINUS 300 range init, i was shooting faster than with 600 positive range init.

I ve been told this was a bug and that this would be fixed in 14.6 coming patch (negative red inits wouldnt allow to shoot at all).

Is this true? If you can only shoot every 10 seconds as it should with low inits, is this still worth to invest hundreds of millions in this tool to crit only once per minute? Isnt the value of those due only to the current init bug?

I was wondering why so many ellts where hitting the market currently when they used to be so rare...would this be a coincidence?

I might not have understood it all so i d like to be enlighted here. Could anybody give me further guidance...
    Last edited by vorteks; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 19:22:48.

Given the interest shown on ellts i would have expected more answers...does anybody know in details how those work? werent they intended to be used by engies (green trade skills requierement) with their grenade launchers (slow but big crits)?

*shakes his hand over his head to get armslore teacher attention about what he thinks to be an important question that could revolutionise the planets economy et balance of power*

Sorry Vorteks, but I don't know the answer to your question. I have never used any of the scopes, so I too would like to know how they work and why they are so popular. Also, I have another question. Do the LLTS and Vision Enhancers work for an MAs melee attacks? If so, is the decreased initi worth the crit % increase? hehe Sorry for asking questions, but I have never used nor sought out to learn about the scopes, so I too would appreciate any light you folks could shed on the subject.

I was unaware of the red init bug, but the thing is. a 15% ELLTS is a double edged sword, yes you crit more, but are penalized with -800 inits. What you seem to not have realized is, that people with very slow weapons tend to not use large scopes because of the init penalty. They are mostly used with faster, crit dependent weapons like the Ithaca and Raid 9-X. Someone using a very slow weapon like a CHS, typically didn't use big scopes because it made the attack/recharge too slow. Like i said, these are typical situations, there are exceptions. BTW, wrong forum =P
    -LS
    Littleslayar "LS" - lvl 195 Gimp - Proud to Self Cast FFoK and UVC at lvl 162 Before Notum Wars.

Check here for help on How to Self Cast FFoK/UVC Pre 190

Freshman Ian "FrostGigas" Warr - lvl 167 Blade Trox

The Shark Ethic: Eat the Wounded, Kill the Gimped

what about keeping these questions out of the exchange forums?

Simply because this has to do with economics...as ellts are usually used as a currency in trades.

But i appreciate the attention you give to every of my messages pylette, but no i wont marry you =)

Still no ellts expert around?

Originally posted by vorteks
    Still no ellts expert around?
    LS answered your questions...

I use TIM scope, I want the speed rather than slow a bit more critting. next patch we'll get to use Manex Catastrophe.. with 1100 init it should be quite fast
    Spiral Lniya Dancer - Advy - equip - Dancer of the Black Spiral
    Tinky Numara Winky - Soldipex || Little Miip Tranqlet - Kepper
    Lanfear Lyvani Mosvani - NT || Vashti Ceneria Scales - Fixer
    Gogo Bollmongo Yubari - Doc || Luna Ayae - Enfipex - RAWR!
    Nid Noih - Trader|| Cookie Piika Cutter - Advy

And some more alts.

Proud Veteran of Punk, Aeon, Punk, Tranquility, Renaissance

Only very fast weapons are viable with high ql scope, I have -200 range init on my MP and he shoots slower than without scope, but still pretty fast because the weapon is soo fast.

After patch you will still be able to shoot even if negative init.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

ok ok, lets take the "answers" & "questions" in the trade department... that seems fair :P

at 14.6 the inits is going to be fix, in the way that recharge suddenly is affected by everything... it wasnt before... this is going to make huge difference i think :P
    the description of the LLTS is going to be changed, to the forward nerf in 14.8 against melee/phy init players(enf/MA+more).... so offcourse there is alot of trading of them atm...
    and with "red init" only means that all ur items (armor,NCU,scopes,imps,etc) all together puts ur init at a "lower" place than ur baseabilities... if they had added more points than ur base abilities, it would turn "green" ... so the red & green only means wether u have a negative or positive ending of a skill based on ur own abilities/skills...

lol, try and understand :PPP

Just to expand on what others have said, remember that a llts/ellts does not (at least not currently) negatively affect your recharge speed. Recharge is only affected by the amount of ip you have invested into the appropriate init (or of course it's not affected at all for nanos)---buffs and boofs will not change it's speed. If you don't believe me, go have a doc hit you with a big init debuff--your upspeed will drop quite noticeably, but your recharge remains static.
    Bugoluv--200 nt, atlantean