Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camelot and side requirements

Camelot and side requirements

Ok so warping into camelot is an exploit in theory though you can still do it. Way to go FC at least you're taking a stance.

Now the big question, are you willing to do something substantial? Disabling an engineer's ability to warp into those playfields would be a great start, but please dont stop at the obvious. Why not limit each side's ability to completely fill and thus lock out the opposition?

There isnt much going for PVP in this game, Halfdeck wasnt on today and our one weekly activity fizzled as a result. Please PLEASE PUUUUHLLLLEEAAAAASE look into some way to limit a person's entrance to camelot according to a side check.

Now i know nothing about coding or what is required to make this game run. Can you imagine, though, the fights that would result if each pf was limited to 30 people of each side with the reserves all huddled at the entrance? it'd be a continual massacre of 24 on 30 (while 6 killed T) and there's nothing in this game even nearly approaching that as far as entertainment goes imo.

Cz could you at least resond? Has this been considered before? is this even possible? Do you even WANT pvp in camelot? i dont understand.... why not make this into the one fair fight in town? With such amazing potential its a shame to stop half way.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

How come all the clanners whine about OT filling up Camelot now? These ideas never came out of clanners when -they- filled up and dominated Camelot.

Not many will buy the lust for PvP that you sound, Abid. Basicly, you are making yourself a bullseye for the flamers. (incl. me)
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Err...

Has much as i appreciate you, the first step IMO should be to stop the players to act like 12y old childs doing ie :
    - going fake afk in one GS to prevent OT to roll another (never saw one single omni doing this)
    - shouting that you wont leave the playfield just to keep OT to roll another one...
    - using the /quit command to make your way to the lair in grace
    - using wall bugs and stair bugs to stay out of sight
    - calling people names when you loosing
    - using LoS bug to aeo Box room
    - sending low levels to ninja the loot
    - etc ...

At the moment, theres not one single omni warping anything or anyone into Camelot, if you see one please take a screenshot and report him.

Also, i remember around 10 omnis blitzing to the lair in the middle of 40 clanners knowing they were going to die. I never see one clanner doing this lately, Patk use to do it he doesnt anymore.

This is nothing personal with you Abid, you know i appreciate you but theres WAY more to do on the indivuals that play the game than on the people that design it when camelot is concerned.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Blah blah blah, my side is better than your side, I am holier than thou art.

All stupid side-based comments aside, neither of you provided anything whatsoever on the topic of this post.

As Abid said, do you WANT PvP in camelot? If things stay the way they are now, it will always be the same. Omni will dominate camelot, clanners will not show up. Omnis will slowly start to have problems involving loot raffles, etc, omnis will stop coming. Clan will take/dominate camelot, omni will stop coming. Clan will start having problems with loot rafles, etc, clan will stop coming. Omni will take... and you can see how it goes. I believe we're on the 4th cycle now. Clan had it, omni took it, clan took it, now omni is taking it.

Frankly this cycle does a good job of spreading out tara loot between the two factions, but does anyone really ENJOY it? I thought it was all about the pvp... a couple trips was a) all it took to realize that it wasn't, and b) all it took to stop going back.

Flame on.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I agree with infa here clan are acting very childish atm, nice ninja looting this morning, can we start calling you hypocrites from now on then?

just because you are small in number doesnt mean you dont have a chance, gs 2 last nite was a whole lotta fun as there was actually fighting but of course the minority had to go spoil it for the rest, insulting of players because they were losing (one omni got a fascist comment thrown at him by one clan member and that is just not funny)

Also the fantastic training of a horde of ghasaps minions and LOL lord ghasap himself to try kill the OTs holding the box room.

Not to mention some creative clans being able to somehow disapear from the corridor and re-apearing in the lair completely skipping the box room (talked to an ARK over this, the ARK told me it was either a use of a beacon warp to get there or a map bug exploit)

And Yes clans holding Gses open to stop OT rolling others
    (btw thankyou abid for not being like the rest and actually leaving the gs and allowing us to roll)

and i do sincerely beleive the clans still pose a threat to OT in camelot (the proof was there last night when a small force of clan managed to hold the box room for 30mins + in gs2 against a large force of omnis), but as long as they are acting like babies and doing stupid little things just to get one over on OT they aint gonna be anything but a joke in camelot.

also abid no offense or anything but the clan were quite smitten when they err used to lock the gses from omnis, and omni to my knowledge didnt whine about it on the boards, so whining now just shows a spiteful attitude towards the whole omni piles the Gses much like the clan did thing
    Tradeskill Shop

Offering all tradeskill services, armour making weapon upgrading, mantis eggs, custom towers and anything else.

Lilbob, Nobel Prize Engineer

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Wha-Ha!
    How come all the clanners whine about OT filling up Camelot now? These ideas never came out of clanners when -they- filled up and dominated Camelot.

Not many will buy the lust for PvP that you sound, Abid. Basicly, you are making yourself a bullseye for the flamers. (incl. me)
    As I recall, before Tarabot took a small vacation, only a handful of Omni players ever showed up... That is not much coompared to the 20-100 Clan players who try to show up for these events.

How is filling up the playfield with same-side participants fun? I have a hard time believing this is how Funcom intended this to be...

~Hoopspro
    Last edited by Hoops; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 15:49:08.

This is so fugging stupid.

omnis is so loot horny that thy cant c a problem, is it fun for you to wait for tara when ther is 60 omnis in the PF? (no claners)
    do u rely play this game to wait 30 (semi afk) whit no entertainment so you might gett a UBER loot (the loot make u better in pvp but ther is no pvp in this game so who giws a sheet)

i dont giw a sheet about the loot and i dont think its fun when a PF is 100% clan.

yes call the calners lamers and stuff like that, i dont giw a sheet want to know why?
    its A GAME!! and i play this game becous its fun. but sheet like filling the PF whit 100% of one side issent fun.

i think we hafto do somthing to camelot like a 30 claners 30 omnis rule so ther can always be fights over tara.

u wont have Tara forever and when we take over and the PF is full of Claners (yes that will be boring like hell) you will be the one that are b1tching on the forums about this. i hope that u will c that Tara is for fun and we hafto do somthing about it.

or are you ther only to afk for 20 mins so you can enter a raffle and havea 1/60 chanse to win?
    w00p w00p!!

Well, this is not an isue that came up when Omnis started to get T again. It's an isue that ppl(clan)that came to T often discussed in Tarabot, and warchat to make T fun again. I often discussed it with my Omni friends too. yes, it was so darn boring when clan owned it with 150 ppl comming, it's actually more fun now when we can have a fight about the dungeron now and then...

I hope there will be a side limit in the future, maybe limited to 33-35 from one side, then there will be a slightly advantage to one side, and clan or omni can make a kill team and at the same time defend the pf.

I just hope they bring back some fun again to camelot

Originally posted by Fryli
    Well, this is not an isue that came up when Omnis started to get T again. It's an isue that ppl(clan)that came to T often discussed in Tarabot, and warchat to make T fun again. I often discussed it with my Omni friends too. yes, it was so darn boring when clan owned it with 150 ppl comming, it's actually more fun now when we can have a fight about the dungeron now and then...

I hope there will be a side limit in the future, maybe limited to 33-35 from one side, then there will be a slightly advantage to one side, and clan or omni can make a kill team and at the same time defend the pf.

I just hope they bring back some fun again to camelot
    Agreed. IT would also cut the lag down so we could pvp well. I think I died 3-4 times in Camelot last night (my time) and the stupid part is the last time, the last was so bad, I got AOE nuked like 5-10times before I realized what happened. (just so ya know they nuke, run, nuke run, so that is pretty fuber lag)

With say 30 on each side, would be much better for pvp. Also I would like to see it lvl 75+ lvl capped to get in. I know someone's alt ninja'd clan, and well we are at war and all that, but it kinda makes me sick. Why? Clanners could do the same to us, and if I was the guy who won a GPH and got ninja'd I would want to quit the game.

IMO either make it 75+ dungeon or make al loot tradeable. Also disable engie warp in there, and limit it per side.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

I think ur all fubar , i go to camelot to get loot , not to pvp ... but then again thats me and atleast i can admit it . When im asked to come for PvP to defend/take out the omni i half heartedly go . why ? cause i stink at pvp . plain and simple .

As for the tactics of ninja looting ... well both sides do it . So many times we killed tara only to have an omni alt ninja iot and come up with some noble reason that they did it " o u ninjaed us so i am paying u back " and same with the clanners . What i find disgusting is that both sides condon it when their faction does it but not when the other faction does . If anything , lets all take a stand and keep people from ninjaing so that we enjoy the hard work we did to get this uber loot .

Nah..we need *some* ninjaing... how the heck else will the nodrop-traders be able to explain how some lvl 120 doc suddenly got a GPH ?

I have more tara loot than makes sense for me to use. Granted i'd get a kick out of selling a hpo to some moron for 250 mil but deep down everyone has that little seed of greed. The issue for me isnt loot or ninjas, it's having a system in place that makes blatant greifing as difficult as possible and that offers the greatest opportunity for pvp with a minimum of lag.

With a side limit, the spawning of the next pf would be a moot point. Load up as many people as you can, have your 30 people in all 4 pf's if you want.... 30 claners vs 120 omnis could be a reasonably fair fight (who needs to rez anyway).

Yeah i'm coming at this from a selfish persepctive, I like to pvp and no one will fight me so what am i gonna do? Stop for a moment and really consider the potential of camelot though.

Have a fight where the numbers are reasonably even, there is no opotunity to zone, and the winners get to take home the booty.... I dont understand why this isnt as enticing to everyone else?

If a side limit is ever put into place, will anybody lower than say, lvl 170 be allowed to join in? I can seriously picture being told to leave Camelot because Im only lvl 154 when a lvl 190 guy wants to get in but can't.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Unfortunately That's a purely player issue......

Can't Patch for jerks
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Vnine, thats the biggest flaw i can think of. It could easily evolve into a top 30 allstar pvp contest and that'd be stupidly elitist for quite a few different reasons, not the least of which being that those people are the ones that least need the loot.

Perhaps if the whole zone was 25% then without places to hide the little people would just die first? i dont know. But really, the whole overloading the playfield and excluding all opposition strategy just offends me somehow. What else could we do to improve camelot?

Originally posted by Tolbat
    This is so fugging stupid.

omnis is so loot horny that thy cant c a problem, is it fun for you to wait for tara when ther is 60 omnis in the PF? (no claners)
    do u rely play this game to wait 30 (semi afk) whit no entertainment so you might gett a UBER loot (the loot make u better in pvp but ther is no pvp in this game so who giws a sheet)

i dont giw a sheet about the loot and i dont think its fun when a PF is 100% clan.

yes call the calners lamers and stuff like that, i dont giw a sheet want to know why?
    its A GAME!! and i play this game becous its fun. but sheet like filling the PF whit 100% of one side issent fun.

i think we hafto do somthing to camelot like a 30 claners 30 omnis rule so ther can always be fights over tara.

u wont have Tara forever and when we take over and the PF is full of Claners (yes that will be boring like hell) you will be the one that are b1tching on the forums about this. i hope that u will c that Tara is for fun and we hafto do somthing about it.

or are you ther only to afk for 20 mins so you can enter a raffle and havea 1/60 chanse to win?
    1. You only see a prob now because its omni dominated on the pfs, was different when it was clan dominated though wasnt it?

2. Yes there are instances of people going AFK inside the box room for 30min, i dont like it at all, now afk for up to 10mins cos they gotta eat, take the dog out, etc, sure thing but when they sit there for god knows how long they are takin the p*** and i for one dont agree with it.

3. Every1 says they dont care about the loot, but its the thing that keeps people going there, no loot, noone would bother (its like CTF one side protects the other side tries to take, to the winner the spoils)

4. Lamer is certainly not as bad as some of the comments some clan individuals are throwing at omnis, would you like a facist comment throwing at you?

5. So why did clan always try to fill a pf b4?

6. Err this is something like the 4th cycle now, and thisll probably keep going on.

7. some people i know of are afk for a while, as i said i hate this, myself i get involved in pvping (usually get my ass handed to me, but what the heck its all in good fun ) and have died more than once.

The bottom line is drop the hypocrite attitude please, you did this before and were fine with it when the clans dominated the pfs, now omnis are doing it you throw a paddy and whine about it, jeez grow up.

p.s also the next person i catch making a discriminating/racist/ or fascist remark weather omni or clan i will ask the person to screen the comment and petition it as that kind of behaviour should NOT be tollerated, YES it is only a game, but it is still upsetting to people to make such comments, as its not targetted as a char insult like "lamer" or "ninja" or "Gimp" its intend at striking at the person sat at there computer playing this thing, so in future think about what your going to say before you say it.

(btw camelot was fun yesterday morning, clans put up a good fight, although i died a few times i enjoyed it )
    Tradeskill Shop

Offering all tradeskill services, armour making weapon upgrading, mantis eggs, custom towers and anything else.

Lilbob, Nobel Prize Engineer

Originally posted by Fataclypse

1. You only see a prob now because its omni dominated on the pfs, was different when it was clan dominated though wasnt it?

6. Err this is something like the 4th cycle now, and thisll probably keep going on.

Answers:

1. I'm not a verteran, so I cannot say that this was always the case... When I first started showing up to these camp-fests, it was a bit different. If any Omnis showed up at all, it was only a handfull of them. For the most part, they didn't seem to have so difficult a problem with getting into the playfield to fight Clan. Less people = less complaining.

5. More people show everyday as they level up or hear about the raffle system and decide it's time that they come to Camlelot and claim thier stuff. Yes, both sides have filled PFs, both sides have camped Playfields so that the opposing side cannot move to another... It has to stop somewhere.

6. With the crapstorm that has stirred over this, do you really believe that? More people show up every day, and more people get upset because the playfield has been filled up with Omni players 4 or 5 hours in advance. Declaring warping an exploit was a step in the right direction, but it isn't enough.

Until factionplayer-limits are in place, I will keep complaining. Hopefully my efforts will make Camelot a more enjoyable place where PvP doesn't involve herding 60 same-faction players into a playfield and raffling the loot 4 hours later.

All I want is for Camelot to be a 'fair' fight.

Originally posted by Fataclypse

2. Yes there are instances of people going AFK inside the box room for 30min, i dont like it at all, now afk for up to 10mins cos they gotta eat, take the dog out, etc, sure thing but when they sit there for god knows how long they are takin the p*** and i for one dont agree with it.

3. Every1 says they dont care about the loot, but its the thing that keeps people going there, no loot, noone would bother (its like CTF one side protects the other side tries to take, to the winner the spoils)

4. Lamer is certainly not as bad as some of the comments some clan individuals are throwing at omnis, would you like a facist comment throwing at you?

7. some people i know of are afk for a while, as i said i hate this, myself i get involved in pvping (usually get my ass handed to me, but what the heck its all in good fun ) and have died more than once.

The bottom line is drop the hypocrite attitude please, you did this before and were fine with it when the clans dominated the pfs, now omnis are doing it you throw a paddy and whine about it, jeez grow up.

p.s also the next person i catch making a discriminating/racist/ or fascist remark weather omni or clan i will ask the person to screen the comment and petition it as that kind of behaviour should NOT be tollerated, YES it is only a game, but it is still upsetting to people to make such comments, as its not targetted as a char insult like "lamer" or "ninja" or "Gimp" its intend at striking at the person sat at there computer playing this thing, so in future think about what your going to say before you say it.

(btw camelot was fun yesterday morning, clans put up a good fight, although i died a few times i enjoyed it )

did you read my post?
    i dont think its fun when ther is 100% claners in the PF.
    but i didnet go to Tara back when clan dominatet it becous it wasent fun to wait for 30 mins, i only go to tara when clans have a problem defending the box or when we are trying to take box from omni

and i agrea 100% whit your PS, if somone say somthing racist or facist remark i want them BAND form the game, i hate racist IRL so i dont wat them in this game.
    w00p w00p!!

Every time I read a thread like this it reaffirms my decision to stay away from the whole mess.

But as I've said before, and as I'll say again, the problem isn't the playfield coding. It's the greed for the loot. Imposing a faction limit would essentially be trying to patch a 'bug' in human nature.

It wouldn't take more than two hours before someone on one side or the other got the bright idea of getting opposing-faction alts to stuff playfields with so that 'real Clanners' or 'real Omnis' couldn't enter, thus securing the loot for themselves yet again. The 'real PvPers' would be scandalized, from both sides, and this forum would erupt in fire and brimstone... but the much more numerous 'real munchkins' would only complain when it didn't work to their favor.

I think the booster pack and land control will be an indirect 'fix' for many of the Tarasque issues, myself. If someone really torques you off at the lizard, get your lizard-hunting buddies and go blow up their towers.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I wouldnt be suprised if when a faction limit was implemented there would be some people so greedy for loot that they had their higher level alts camped in there just so they could get inside regardless...
    Devoted President to
    Omni-Inquisition - 1 year old on 22/07/02 - we remember 12.4! -take it easy!

Visit the Omni-Inquisition HQ
    WWW.Omni-Inquisition.net - New site under construction!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast