Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 days into the 7 days trial...will I register? No! Because...

I agree with you lamonia and thats all that counts

Huh?

I was talking about the game.
    I was talking about how I play the game.

I'm not bored with AO because I vary my gameplay and keep it interesting.

Are you bored because you run endless missions and XP grinds?

Maybe you should read my post and look at how I play the game.

And what the f#ck does /footdoggy mean?
    Is that a cryptic attempt at being patronising?
    Am I the only one that doesn't buy into this chick's bullsh*t?
    Miir, hate to break it to ya, but no one gives a flying rat testicle how you play the game.

But even if one was to humor you, the way you play the game is the same way that anyone can play any other MMORPG. You're trying to justify its total and utter lack of gameplay and content, by saying that it has screenshots and a guild system, then insulting anyone who says differently.
    That's like looking at a shoe with holes in it and saying "it has nice shoelaces, you're just too stupid to look at it the right way".

Let me spell it out for you:
    -Exploration is NOT gameplay.
    -Socialization is NOT gameplay.
    -Anything that you create yourself to do in the game, without using what is provided by the game, is NOT GAMEPLAY.
    -Anything that is possible in almost any MMORPG by nature alone... is not GAMEPLAY.

Gameplay is what is provided by the game as options to do, and all that AO has in that department is:
    1.) Pointless, broken tradeskills
    2.) Pointless, broken guild system (it only gives you a new line of text in your info box, and a new chat room).
    3.) A story that doesn't have anything to do with the players at all.
    4.) A pointless level system.
    5.) Pointless PvP.

This game lacks any decent gameplay. It's about as interesting as MS Flight Simulator (actually, one of the things you do in the game, according to you, is treat it like a flight simulator).

And judging from what everyone says negatively about it, and even what people like YOU say in its "defsnese", it's the exact same crap you could get in any other MMORPG.
    Last edited by Xombie; Jan 13th, 2002 at 01:49:32.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Xombie, I used to like your posts before you became bitter and full of hate.

Of COURSE I'm full of damn hate. I have every damn right to be. Funcom has been screwing me up the ass for the past three months.

Look at the peice of **** they try to get away with. It's just monster after monster after monster... Why? so you can fight even BIGGER monsters. THERE'S NO DAMN POINT.

They've now even given up on putting anything ELSE in. They said it on the "no longer invisioned" page. You want to know something? AO doesn't put leveling abilities besides fighting because *they don't want to*. OK?
    Neocron has about six different ways to level besides fighting.
    Even UO has ways to level without fighting.
    Yet, for some reason, Funcom thinks they can get away with saying they "can't".

It's a whole load of bull****, and everyone here knows it.
    What I get pissed off at is when people try to justify what Funcom is trying to get away with. Being a devil's advocate is one thing, but people are now stretching it.

Think for a second, Miir. NONE of the things you said, were ever advertised for Anarchy Online. And please tell me ONE MMORPG (besides those without guilds) where you not only can do everything you listed, but also works better. Please. Enlighten me.

THE ONE DAMN THING that AO has done correct is socialization. And you know what? that's the ONLY thing keeping us here. The friends we've made. But you're still paying 13 bucks a month for it.
    I say, gather up your friends, move on to another game. That's sure as hell what i'm doing. Because we're tired of paying for this lazy half-assed piece of crap excuse for a game.
    I don't pay for a company to "work on a game". I pay for a game so I can play it and have fun in it.

****, i've seen you be logical. Why the hell do you stop when the subject turns to wether or not this game is worth a cent of anyone's money?

There is no story.
    There is no gameplay.
    There is no point.
    And everyone is paying to hope that there will be.
    And there are now alternatives.

Why eat the crap, when you can eat the cow?
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

I dunno what to say man.

I'm not saying you're wrong for disliking AO.
    I guess we just have different reason for liking the games we play.

Great. Then answer me:
    What is the point of this game?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123