I was born in the slums of Tir, Tir Backyard 1 to be precise. I do not remember my parents, although I am sure there are out there somewhere, exploring the vast expanse of almost total wasterland that is Rubi-Ka. From the early age I wanted to be a soldier - I fought imaginary armies of the Omni-Tek all around the Backyard and saw Omni agents around every corner of every building. As it is with children, I always came out victorious. I used to dream that in acknowledgement of my victories I would be made the Hero of the Clans, although my older friends always laughed at the notion and said that such a thing was not a possibility for a boy from the slums.
By the time I have reached an age which some people would regard as an age of maturity, I was causing more trouble then it was worth. Our local councellor, or a career adviser, whichever term one likes best, informed me that my time in the slums was up and if I did do something usefull with myself he would have to kick me out to the monsters in the "Entertainment Park". (What a strange name for a place that stinks of death and decay for miles, where thousands of people die just to be re-born again and go back to do killing for the mere sake of it.)
As God would have it, an army recruitment officer was passing through the slums and remembering my childhood affection for the proffession, I joined the army eagerly - more to get away from the dull life of the slums than anything else, I suppose. The question of which side to fight for never rose in my mind - I was born on Rubi-Ka, I was of Rubi-Ka, thus I was Clan.
Now, 12 painfull levels down the road, I am glad I made that choice. Life is not easy - in the beginning of my career I was skint, without a penny to my name, no armour to speak of and a standard solar powered rifle to plough my trade. But, as my skills progressed and I acquired better equipment as spoils of war, life has come to be an adventure, even if there is no rest from it. I recon I will rest when my soul finally passes to the world of Afterlife, for now, life's for the living.

Eldridge "Autarch" Timas