Thread: Agents and Crit in PvP

Agents and Crit in PvP

Dear Funcom,

considering crit changes in PvP I can understand why you half them.
    however in comparing the MA and Agent you should take in consideration the length of the Nano.

The 100% crit is only 6 sec and can only be used each 7 minutes.
    This means 3 crits each 7 minutes.
    The 30% crit nano last only 20 secs and can be used only each 2 minutes. This means another 3 crits each 2 minutes

Compared to the MA nano UVC - 24% for an hour.
    Thats means many crits in an hour.

If you cut the Agent crit nano's by half please increase the length of them.

I understand you have to program to half the % crit for all profession but these nano's last only a few secs.

Please if you want to cut them in half make them longer make twice as long.
    Last edited by Basiel; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 00:03:47.
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

I love how one sided your post is....

Are you forgetting a 15% ellts scope or a 7% VE scope on top of your 4% tts? Oh and I'm sure you'll get MoP before the fight too, so (using the ve scope in this equation since it's more common)

7+4+7=19%

or

15+4+7=26%

Plus 6 seconds of 100% crit (well reduce that to 50% next patch)
    20 seconds of an addition 30% crit, and you crit for like 5-700 more dmg in pvp than an MA and you have roots + 40 meter range.

uvc is 24%, 28% if we get tts. We can no longer use scopes for melee. So please, shut up. I don't want to hear any agents whining for more crits. MAs were (according to funcom's description) the 'masters of the critical hit'. Quit asking for something you don't deserve and never, ever in a million years will get. Your crits will remain exactly the same, don't even post stupid requests like that.

/flame off

Loves and huggles,

-Deacon
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Nasty comments removed.
    Last edited by Basiel; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 00:05:33.
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

Please note that the agent crit buffs are getting boosted (concentration = 200%), so basically, the agent profession is the only one who keeps their crit chance (from self buffs) next patch, everyone else gets crit chance halved.

This was posted by Cz, but is buried in one of the large threads somewhere.

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Originally posted by schma
    Please note that the agent crit buffs are getting boosted (concentration = 200%), so basically, the agent profession is the only one who keeps their crit chance (from self buffs) next patch, everyone else gets crit chance halved.

This was posted by Cz, but is buried in one of the large threads somewhere.

- schma
    After that, I'm crying now schma. Masters of the critical hit indeed.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Ok, the 100%-Buff (Concentration Line) isn't nerfed, but the other one is nerfed (Sureshot-Line). And over all the Agent is nerfed, too, because he is crit-reliant, same as MA, etc.
    And btw: An Agent with X-3 doesn't use high scopes because he needs the Ranged Init. Think about it.
    Malcom Silenzium Fecat, Clan Finalizer on DNW (RK3)

and not all agents own a ql 15%, let alone equip it

All melee prof have they variant of sureshot line - FOB. Its even MUCH better then sureshot, as its not only affect crit, but greatly improve initiatives. Most ranged proffesion either have a bunch of specials (soldiers) or nuking (which should be considered as strong specials...) or healing. As funcom intruduced all new NF unusable by agents, and best old NF's unusable too, agents need something to offence. Most weapons have better NORMAL dmg then even X3 rifle (example - shotguns, Assault rifles, bows / grossbows, all kind of melee weapon, even some dual wielded pistiols...) - not even speaking about specials. Most classes recived BETTTER weapon skill buffs then agent... This is joke. Agents have almost no Agent's NF past q120. Only in false profession... This is not good too. Sure this profession is not gimped, and still very fun to play, but nerfing it (or not improving it while other classes reciving VERY good stuff) quickly changes the situation.

get your facts straight chromatorg, everyone uses the x-3 because it HAS very good average damage and isnt that crit reliant like i.e. shotguns.
    and nukes considering "strong specials" is..very debatable to say the least.
    your right about the FoB though, with weapons like the new enhanced queens blade or the new staffs its absolutely uber.
    all in all i think that we will have to wait and see how this change works out, in fact i expect it to be more a boost to agents, since they wont be wasted that fast by enemies with a high crit mod

I would never use a scope for two reasons.

1. All but the ql 250 does - to nano.init wich is totally unacceptable as our inits get messed up enough by fp/mimic

2. ql 250 scope does to much - to ranged init

Using TIM atm and frankly there arent any options for rifle wielding agents (wich most are)

Well me as a eng = hopeless pvp
    and my weapon of choice = krutt assult queen special now will = the worst dmg in pvp this is a sad day for me heh.

heh good thing I dont pvp
    Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.