Thread: A tactic to move when in Close Combat?

A tactic to move when in Close Combat?

PvM

I have found it that if I time my movement with my rifle recharging then I would not have to lose shots but generally the monster or NPC needs to move slightly and should becase of that lose attacks with his weapons.

Have anyone any experience with this?

Does the monster / NPC actually lose attacks or is it merely graphical?

Basically: Is it worth the effort and occasional lost shot.

um, isn't that an exploit to move during a fight with a npc, causing it to move with you? i'm pretty sure it is, you better stop moving before you get moving nerfed !

Haha, I'm quite sure it isn't an exploit.

Thats the advantage of melee, we can hit while moving. Ranged/Nukers needs to stand still wihle attacking. This is basically the "melee" version of root/shoot, kiting, whatever you wanna call it. Not many people use it much, since the chance of the mob running into a wall and becoming an unhittable ghost is pretty big... but otherwise its fine. Get a ranged mob moving and he wont be able to fire until he stops. Note that mobs tend to cast nanos while moving anyways (especially Roots/DoT's), and if you think you can take a RM soldier mob with this tactic, consider that his burst/special attacks will hurt. Bad. Nothing like slowly wearing down a RM sharper and then get a 2k burst in the face.... stop to heal and he'll start hitting you again. Mostly useful in boss room against a ranged boss, get aggro, run around so he moves while the rest of the team plinks away at him...
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.