Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make everything 50%

Make everything 50%

Great job FC, way to fix a problem. Just ruin PvP tactics that 50% of the combat clases rely on.

Hell, while your at it, go ahead and make ac's 50%, and heals, runspeed, slows, drains, EVERYTHING.

Since your immediate fix to a problem seems to just gimp people, instead evolving other classes to equality, you take away. God, I dont know, I give up...
    "I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

Something does need to be done about heals...

But 50% isnt the answer. Not from a balance point of view anyway. come 14.6 MA`s cant move have their crits greatly reduced (we have suck base damage and dont even have the choice of changing weapons) take our heals away and we are as bad off as the engi . Some inspiration on FC`s part is needed not continual reductions and "nerfs".
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

What PvP tactics?

ooooh! You mean the tactic of instakilling with 3 special attacks, do you? Wow. that's a terrific tactic!

Listen. They're doing it because PvP-fights are too short. With short fights, there aren't really much tactic. It's about who has the biggest gun, with the most specials and highest crit%. Am I right or am I wrong about that?

One other way to increase length of fights, is to raise everyone's HP by alot. Don't fool yourself into thinking that's ever gonne happen. Sure, Atrox get a small bonus with 14.6, but that's not enough to 'fix' PvP. Especially since it's only one breed.

Crits is nothing you should rely on. Crits are rare. Or at least they should be. When fighting, it should be
    you do x damageyou do x damageyou do x damageYOU DO A CRITyou do x damage
    and you're happy about the crit.

NOT
    YOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYou do x damageYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRIT
    and you wine about how your prof is gimped because you didn't crit enough.

Yes, crits are nice, and they're a part of the game. But they should not be the only thing you rely on. IMHO you should rely on your steady weapondamage, your nanoprograms, your teammates, and an occational crit perhaps.

If the critnerf means that people not us 'crit-or-die'-weapons have a chance of winning a PvP-fight, I'd say that's balancing.

Well said, you shouldnt rely on crits for your damage... it should be an rare bonus.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Skybert
    What PvP tactics?

ooooh! You mean the tactic of instakilling with 3 special attacks, do you? Wow. that's a terrific tactic!

Listen. They're doing it because PvP-fights are too short. With short fights, there aren't really much tactic. It's about who has the biggest gun, with the most specials and highest crit%. Am I right or am I wrong about that?

One other way to increase length of fights, is to raise everyone's HP by alot. Don't fool yourself into thinking that's ever gonne happen. Sure, Atrox get a small bonus with 14.6, but that's not enough to 'fix' PvP. Especially since it's only one breed.

Crits is nothing you should rely on. Crits are rare. Or at least they should be. When fighting, it should be
    you do x damageyou do x damageyou do x damageYOU DO A CRITyou do x damage
    and you're happy about the crit.

NOT
    YOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYou do x damageYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRIT
    and you wine about how your prof is gimped because you didn't crit enough.

Yes, crits are nice, and they're a part of the game. But they should not be the only thing you rely on. IMHO you should rely on your steady weapondamage, your nanoprograms, your teammates, and an occational crit perhaps.

If the critnerf means that people not us 'crit-or-die'-weapons have a chance of winning a PvP-fight, I'd say that's balancing.
    Yessir, crits should be rare. As they are in every other game in existance.

Whooo Baby.
    Finally 3 guys with an intelligent view on the Crit point istead of just whining: "Im not UBER enough".

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Well said, you shouldnt rely on crits for your damage... it should be an rare bonus.
    the ignorance here (by most posters above me bar hirum) is really disgusting and not even worth getting into.

"Think and try to take other proffessions skills/pvpabilities/damage and your own vast pvp experience into mind before posting."
    Last edited by Georg; Nov 2nd, 2002 at 22:48:41.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Originally posted by Georg

the ignorance here (by most posters above me bar hirum) is really disgusting and not even worth getting into.

"Think and try to take other proffessions skills/pvpabilities/damage and your own vast pvp experience into mind before posting."
    A different opinion makes them ignorant? I don't know if FC is going about this wholey the right way, but PvP fights ARE too short and based FAR too much on the crit factor. I'm even sick of hearing the damn word "crit"...

"Nice crit"
    "Haha! Five crits in a row!"
    "Damn, I got critted for 2k. "
    "Dude, the crit on that gun sucks"

... and so on and so forth.

Unhappy crit

Well for ma's and agents at least one could say that crits are a class defining ability. Since i am an ma i would like to know what strategy i should use while beeing rooted with no option to break root (cept the new 10 sek worthless root breakers).

And dont mention bows in this they are easily avoidedeven with a movement predictor of a good ql.

as to melee classes ma's will now def be the worst, since we dont have as good healing as enf's and adv's do. Nor do we have the same amount of specials as they can have.

What really puzzles me is why enfs are allowed to break roots by design and ma's are not, i guess its that uber bow skill that we have no buffs for

Enough rambling

Cyb moving on doing something less worthless with my life

Originally posted by Georg

Also known as:

WOOHOO, I CAN OUTHEAL AND PROFESSION.

WOOHOO, I CAN SHUTDOWN NUKING PROFESSIONS!

WOOHOO, crit, crit, crit, crit, crit! I JUST OUTDAMAGED A SOLDER.

Yeah right, try again.

Docs should no way be doing crits all the time. Wake up.

/me wonders what will happen if FC makes Mongo 50%..?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Of course, some profs are more disadvantaged by this change than the others. The point of this change is to affect game balance.

They could also enhance the non-crit profs to make more damage, but people would whine just as much, so why would they bother with the more complex solution ?

Originally posted by MORB
    Of course, some profs are more disadvantaged by this change than the others. The point of this change is to affect game balance.

They could also enhance the non-crit profs to make more damage, but people would whine just as much, so why would they bother with the more complex solution ?

Hum well balcance you say.....

How is that done when hitting all profs with the same nerf stick?
    Even though their nature is very diffrent as to what their strengts are.

Most other prof's have the option to use weapons with okay non crit dmg. Well guess what fists dont hit for much while not critting, and bows that ma's used to use now have rifle skill....

So what does that leave an ma with?

I would like some serious input from fc on this matter.
    As they stated before not all classes are meant to be good at pvp,
    guess ma is going to be one of theese classes then.

Spending time with my ma since the start has been a pain until they upped our dmg. Then i thought maybe i can pvp... then fc said no you cant , we will nerf your crit, and make sure you are utterly rooted so you cant get near rooters.

If they really wanted fights to last longer in PvP they could make ACs and Evades 200% in pvp!!!!!!!

One thing I've thought about - and it's so simple that I'm obviously missing something - is that it seems to me if FC did indeed half ALL our damage output and halved all monsters' hp, that would make balancing PvP and PvM much easier. Leave the 40% PvP cap in, and remove half damage (as our damage would be halved anyway). It would seem like a huge nerf at first seeing all of these much lower numbers, but in fact, there really wouldn't be any difference at all. Folks would get used to it in time.

Of course, all healing, HoT and DoT nanos would have to be halved as well.

So... what am I missing?

Originally posted by Bhaaz

Of course, all healing, HoT and DoT nanos would have to be halved as well.

So... what am I missing?
    Of course your nt's nullity and layer would have to be halved as well...
    Of course your enfos rage, layers, shields, mongo ++ would have to be halved as well...
    Last edited by Fryli; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 18:48:03.

Originally posted by Cyberbob
    Hum well balcance you say.....

How is that done when hitting all profs with the same nerf stick?
    Even though their nature is very diffrent as to what their strengts are.
    See below.

Most other prof's have the option to use weapons with okay non crit dmg. Well guess what fists dont hit for much while not critting, and bows that ma's used to use now have rifle skill....
    See ? You understood :p

BTW, they didn't remove crit, you'll just crit twice less often. It's like you crit at the same rate, but for half the damage. It surely doesn't reduce your damage to nothing.

First off I would like to say that I don't believe that all proffesions should be balanced in PvP. (please finish reading before you flame) Some proffesions are labeled "Combat proffesions" and other are labeled " Tradeskills" Doesn't it make sense that a class should perform as it is labeled? But putting that aside let's face it pvp really isn't pvp. As I understand it PvP stands for player verse player. Well as things stand pvp at low to mid lvls isn't about how your toon performs or how well your tactics are it is mainly based on how many outside buffs you can get. Instead of nerfing a proffesion why not have all outside buff go into a "paused" state while your in qa 0% or a 25% zone? Would this truley make it player verse player? The reason why I say "pause" is that if gives players in a team or solo the ablilty to pass through these zones without losing these buffs.

/me ducks from incoming flames

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast