Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make everything 50%

Why cant the unbuffed player go get all the outside buff he/she can fit in his/her ncu? Just as the player that have done this to prepare themselves to go into 0% or 25%.

I dont get this outside-buff whining, everyone have the option to fill their ncu with outside buffs.

I wasn't whining I was just giving my opinion on another possablity other than nerfs.
    Btw I don't pvp for many reasons so it really doesn't make a differance to me what is done all I'm trying to do is share my thoughs on a possible atlernative to nerfing.

First off I would like to say that I don't believe that all proffesions should be balanced in PvP. (please finish reading before you flame) Some proffesions are labeled "Combat proffesions" and other are labeled " Tradeskills" Doesn't it make sense that a class should perform as it is labeled? But putting that aside let's face it pvp really isn't pvp.
    Not all combat professions rely on crits.

you see, you see the chaos this will create?

cutting things in half is like trying to satisfy two children

they could make crits less ineffective, but why cut the chance of critting in half.

there are some classes I cant beat, I dont care, as a matter of fact, I spend my day trying to find out HOW to kill them, not crying about how more uber they are than me.

and you know what, I kicked a fixers ass the other day, docs? pfft, ma's and their crits...bah

and BTW.....SOME CLASSES ARE NOT MADE FOR COMBAT SO STOP WHINING CAUSE YOU CANT WIN, FREAKIN PANSIES
    "I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

im realy at a loss for this issue . I play 2 difrent class and i can tell u , taking away crits is gonna be bad .

first off , my doc is gonna be uber . No one critting me i can heal myself without troiuble . I can stand the test of time and pvp just turns into who can heal more then who .

second , taking away my agents ONLY ability nano of 100% crit for 4 -6 seconds is gonna fubar her for pvp ... wont even be worth trying to pvp with her . but in the same respect for other class's , if they leave my agent nano alone then all you will hear is whines about the agent profesion .

as it stands with things currently , the only people that will survive this are people with uber evades . Ma,s / fixers with high evades/Grid armor . These are the ones who will win . As stated by dicsiple in another thread :
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "if FC actually DOES nerf my scope it will just make me the unkillable defensive god that i guess i was intended to be.......i have 1070 duck and ranged/1120 melee evades..all without special loot,without my scope i can easily hit full speed at 15%(maybe even 10%)aggro...oh yea...and crits will be reduced to 50%...lol

I think that on patch day i will go sit on hill in 2HO,afk,then grab my game boy advance and go poopy while the omni's try to hit me....im sure ill be back in time to heal FoL and walk(not run) to the bunkers to rebuff Reduce Inertia.....then i can run back to the hill have a seat and run out to Burger King or somethin.... "
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guess its time to start a fixer or Ma so i can have that uber evades and be like my hero Disciple

Crits...

DaveDread

What does mongo got to do with anything? :P
    Why not CH or all the other heals? hehe

But seriously, MA will still crit more then the rest.
    This crit reduce will have these effects...

Enforcer
    It will boost us because we have HIGH Hp.
    It will also nerf us because i wont be able to do the same dmg as before. This will also force me too look for another weapon then beam.
    I am going after Blackstaff and would have used Blackstaff regardless of the crit nerf.
    So overally this crit nerf is very good for my enf. I can take dmg, np.

Docs
    Well docs hit for crap, but forget about killing one after patch. No way.

Fixers
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....nuff said.

MA
    Less crits is a sure nerf for the ma. Where do i start.
    Shen getting nerfed. Actually FC said that shen was not working as intended and is now fixed...go figure.
    Bows, get rifle req? roflmao
    Root, well thats the end of ma.
    The debuff was NEVER supposed to break roots, so FC fixed that.
    Result will be that MA is indeed...dead meat vs any rooter. Unless he used some good ranged weapon.

Traders
    They will have too look for something else then uber crit shotguns. They will still do very good because of roots and drains. Oh and they will kick MA's without breaking a sweat.

I stop here.

Thats what i think will happen. Dont flame me...too much now! :P
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Skybert

Crits is nothing you should rely on. Crits are rare. Or at least they should be. When fighting, it should be
    you do x damageyou do x damageyou do x damageYOU DO A CRITyou do x damage
    and you're happy about the crit.

NOT
    YOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRITYou do x damageYOU DO A CRITYOU DO A CRIT
    and you wine about how your prof is gimped because you didn't crit enough.

Yes, crits are nice, and they're a part of the game. But they should not be the only thing you rely on. IMHO you should rely on your steady weapondamage, your nanoprograms, your teammates, and an occational crit perhaps.

If the critnerf means that people not us 'crit-or-die'-weapons have a chance of winning a PvP-fight, I'd say that's balancing.
    damn sky, I could ramble on for 3497593587390457 words, and not get it quite that right.

you get a Dnastyone gold star for this post!

*stamps Sky's forhead*

and to everyone agreeing with this post ... kudo's to you, nice to hear the voice of reason. Who wants to bet the average age of the people who AGREE with this thought process are about 2 times that of the people who want to pwn!

32 here for starters.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by DaveDread
    /me wonders what will happen if FC makes Mongo 50%..?
    I would be all good with that if they wanted to test it dave, problem is that how does the game differentiate between pvp and pvm?

case 1

Team out hunting (really some people do actually kill stuff when not in a mission) and another team comes by and attacks. Rules state half healing in pvp, team 1 owned by pvp rules with mobs and pvp

case 2

If you are in a fight healing is always full. Grab yourself a fixa buff, turn off autoattack. Go to meet and mongo (or any other small damage) a rhinoman. Run to meet and pwn with your 100% healing.

lots of bugs.

Personally opinion, let the rules go into place. See how it works, then talk RATIONALLY about what to do to BETTER balance pvp.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

crits were ridiculous

when the gun special all hit and crit people died waay too fast. although i do feel crits should be nerfed in for pvp i dont think they should effect pvm.

YAY! I got stamped!

Seriously, I'm surpriced how many people actually agreed with me on this.

-edit- making mongo 50% would do what? do 0.5 damage to opponents when cast?

We'll have to see what this change does, then FC will need to decide wether or not to touch heals.
    Last edited by Skybert; Nov 4th, 2002 at 21:16:34.

Arrow

So, we reduce the rampant crits. Damage is already halved and capped. Still, a good alpha can drop someone. So I guess special attacks will be next for the PvP axe... Who knows... (depends on how frequently good alpha's occur rather than the ability to alpha itself). Once NW is out and people are actually PvPing in teams, then we'll see what it actually changes. If your only interested in 1-on-1 PvP, then this is probably no longer the game for you...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

NERF AO!!!!!!!

Nm FC already fixed that problem.

No but seriously, some profs need to kill the enemy fast, this will give them a BIG disadvantage.

Some chars are built for crits, spent alot of time of it. Well I don't like to whine, but damnit FC u can't change the rules every patch.
    If u play hockey u play after the hockeyrules, the rules doesn't change everytime u play, they are the same, maybe they change a few rules/year, SMALL fixes. NOT changing BIG parts whole time. But sure keep change the rules so u like it, don't listen at us players, that's bad, we just know more about the game than yourselfs.

Btw when I am thinking about it, maybe FC like to have a "prof of the month" so many peoples reroll and are stuck to this game longer *shrug*
    moon meeh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12