Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please dont half crits

Please dont half crits

This seems like avery very silly idea. Not onl is it unfair on some of the crit based classes but the reason i complain is that itll ruin me. Im a soldier so im not entirely crit dependant but i normally get at least one in a fight which seriously tips the blanacnce (and its the only way i can move a docs hp) if crits are halfed then my nova flow will be pretty much useless, may as well just use a div9 which i really dont want to. This sux :/
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

Heh reroll a trader or a fixer fcs you didnt get that soldiers wont get jack ?
    Infamine 200 soljah

i enjoy my soldier tho, and even if they continue to make it worse and worse ill still kepp on playing him, id just much rather if they sorted it out really instead of making it worse every patch.
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

imagine my frustration to work as hard as i did so i could lvl up and self cast uvc. now i won't even have the same crit % as lma.

nice job fc, NOT!

Originally posted by garzini
    imagine my frustration to work as hard as i did so i could lvl up and self cast uvc. now i won't even have the same crit % as lma.

nice job fc, NOT!
    Now it's gonna be even harder for you to kill Argulace.

Remove crits from game. Remove the chars who flame this also.

Lion Strimple aka Sware

imho this patch will go down in history as the one that made doctors unkillable in 1 v 1 pvp.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Originally posted by KlngArthur
    imho this patch will go down in history as the one that made doctors unkillable in 1 v 1 pvp.
    /tell <inset name> would u like a duel?
    /<insert name> no sorry i have to log in 5 hours...

Seriously, there are more then 1 of the classes that will be unkillable...
    Most classes with some kind of def buffs will get a bost in that department, nukers will also have a litle boost as their nukes will prolly hit for more then their oponents gun
    Last edited by Fryli; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 03:40:23.

Originally posted by Fryli

/tell <inset name> would u like a duel?
    /<insert name> no sorry i have to log in 5 hours...

rofl, even now I see sometimes 20+ minutes fights (I saw one between a 190+ doc and advent that took that long). It will be funny to watch duels after this next patch

My ithaca is crit dependent. Long fights are to my advantage though: if you're drained, short of zoning i dont care what you do its only a matter of time before i kill you. Nt's will be more powerful but hey if a NT can kill me they deserve it 110%. I have a dozen reset points i can switch to a less crit dependent weapon if i want.

STILL i think its a bad idea to halve the chance of crits... why nerf bracers if you're going to continue to minimize damage? No one dies anyway, you cant even have a 1-1 fight in a pvp zone becaue before it even approaches a resolution someone else is going to run in and interfere.

Do you not want 1 on 1 fights? You say there's not enough skill or strategy involved, but if two people fighting each other can never happen how much strategy or skill is required to gang **** somone 4 on 1 cause that's the only way people will die?
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

did you know raip was a bad word?
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Its kinda funny tho i have 2 toons level 200 (yeah ill go buy myself a life when ill get the time) that will be 150% useless in pvp after this patch.
    My soldier only way to fight is to dig out a mass alpha and pray for someone else to finish off the guy.
    My MA never was designed to pvp, but now theres no way he will ever pvp.
    So what class i should play now ... err k /S WTB GA4 !

Honestly this is pure bs, i never saw anyone from FC stating that they always intented fights to last long.
    I mean wtf tell that sniper to shout everything but lethal places !!!
    Infamine 200 soljah

Question

nerfing critbuffs?
    .. thats just mean..
    yet again the MA is a critbuff dispenser.

As a soldier, you have the option of using a non-crit reliant weapon. That goes for pretty much every profession (yes, including traders) except MA's. Our fists and all the MA weapons are quite crit reliant. This hits MA's hardest by far. Throw in the removal of the most commonly use crossbow and the very big nerf of Shen and I think you can see where this is going.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Also no root removal... so when we DO manage to get close enough to use our now gimped damage as an ma we cant even have the chance to crit.

I will personally wait and see if they actually do it but I have a feeling dave is right.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

MA doing 6K damage over course of 4-5 seconds most the damage which dont see since they use Torture Tool(using no dimach). Kinda see how this nessecary. But kinda makes fighting doctor all day thing. Dont really see a doc killing anyone but dont see anyone killing doctor either except maybe enforcers/traders/mp's. Thats kinda the way it is now minus the enforcer killing the doctor though.
    Last edited by Divinecross; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 13:40:40.

Originally posted by TanisAS
    Also no root removal... so when we DO manage to get close enough to use our now gimped damage as an ma we cant even have the chance to crit.
    Yes we all know how bad off you MA's are right now.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Divinecross
    MA doing 6K damage over course of 4-5 seconds most the damage which dont see since they use Torture Tool(using no dimach). Kinda see how this nessecary. But kinda makes fighting doctor all day thing. Dont really see a doc killing anyone but dont see anyone killing doctor either except maybe enforcers/traders/mp's. Thats kinda the way it is now minus the enforcer killing the doctor though.
    If my MA would do that damage in PvP I would kill most people in 5s which never happened to me, heh. Please don't post bs

actually, i can do 6k dmg in 4 seconds. of course, i would have to land 2 fist crits and a brawl.

not after patch, 14.6 in pvp i'll be lucky to do 6k dmg in less than a minute. proly longer.

(edit) this is pvm of course. divide by 2, eliminate most crits, factor in how many times i miss and then you will have my pvp numbers.

fights with me after this patch will be awful quick... as ill be staying in 100% ;p
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast