Thread: First And Last Names

First And Last Names

I was on test last week and when I created a character I was not given a first and last name. When I arrived in the backyard, I was able to use a machine that gave me a first and last name. I suppose that if I didn't want a first and last name, I could choose not to use the machine and I could function without them. This is what I am sure many people will do now that they are given the choice (I know that a lot of people do not like the randomly generated first and last names). However, what I would like to know is this: Will there be a way for us to have the first and last names of characters created before 14.6 erased (so that they will only have a nickname)?

When I first created my main char on RK2 he only had 1 name. (you used to be able to type /name <name> and get 1 name instead of 3) I was quite happy with this as it suited him as a Fixer. However, a GM forced me to add in a new first name, saying it was necissary for some odd reason (something about having multiple chars with the same nicknames on diff servers cause there was talk of allowing chars to move between servers).

Anyway, It'd be nice to be able to create a char without those stupid names given by the terminals, our to finally be able to change your names as stated by the game or manual way back when.