Thread: Monster Info Screen Changes

Monster Info Screen Changes

I've read up on the patch notes to 14.6, and I like what I'm seeing a lot. One change especially intrigues me: the changes to the monster info screen. The changes in the patch look like a good start, but I was thinking we could go even further: why not just remove Level, Aggressiveness, and HP and NP tools and make the info screen do a check against Perception?

For every one point of Perception, you can see the aggressiveness of a level of beast.
    For every two points of Perception, you can see the level of a beast.
    For every four points of Perception, you can see the HP and NP of a beast

Thus, at skill level 800, you can see the HP and NP of a level 200 beast, at skill level 400, you can see the level, and at skill level 200 you can see the aggressiveness. Make the more useful info require a higher skill.

I like the change in the patch, but what are thoughts on taking it further?
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

They may run out of bits displaying some of the new mobs hp?

John

you can already do that with the Info tools.
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Ok, Rude.... I think you missed the point.

In 14.6, Funcom will be implementing a change to the PoD window, where by you can see Level and Aggressiveness on some mobs, making those tools largely obsolete. My point is, why not go the extra mile, and remove those tools altogether and give everyone the ability to see all that info (Level, Aggro, HP and MP) in the window, checked with Perception.

Same principle as the tools, but now readily available to everyone.
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

Idea is good, deserves a *BUMP*
    Unless it needs very detailed programming, it will be lot better if we can see level, HP and such with high perception not using info tools.