Thread: Cyborg Invasion on RK2

Cool Cyborg Invasion on RK2

Tonight has been great fun on RK2. We finally got something to do! I took many screenshots of the events, so here goes.

Firstly I hear news over guild chat that clansmen were being called to West Athens. Most of our guild were out in mort at that time. The ones that wanted to go were taken directly into the grid. After a quick stop off to save at Tir I gridded in to West Athens. Many cyborgs surrounded the grid.

Upon first entering there were a few clansmen there, but not enough to take down the borgs.
    Screen1

Many died trying to secure the city.
    Screen2

Then a major wave of damage released on me and killed me instantly
    Screen3

Upon my return to West Athens we recieved this message.
    Screen4

As I approached the barracks a few cyborgs came into view. The report was true...
    Screen5

A large group of cyborgs suddenly appeared from nowhere, taking everyone by surprise.
    Screen6

With a few casualties this group were quickly eliminated.
    Screen7

Thinking it may all be over I wandered around the perimeter where odd skirmishes with remaining cyborgs were taking place.
    Screen8

As I approached the other part of the barracks more cyborgs were found.
    Screen9

Without warning many more cyborgs began to appear and a huge firefight erupted around me.
    Screen10

We were quickly overwhelmed as a huge army of cyborgs came over the hill. I quickly fell back to alert the other players.
    Screen11

A fierce battle was fought, it seemed we were loosing...
    Screen12

The army was briefly halted
    Screen13

We had briefly lost the battle, the cyborgs invaded the barracks once more. Heavily damaged I retreated into an armor store...
    Screen14

I came back outside only to find the barracks totally under cyborg control.
    Screen15

Players eventually killed the army and secured the barracks once more.
    Screen16

Many headed back to the other part of the barracks to check if it was secure. On the way there we encountered the person behind all of this.
    Screen17

The general was quickly brought down by the mass of players.
    Screen18

Finally...the obvious question...Loot?
    Screen19

After that it was all over. The whole thing lasted around 2 hours. Omni and Clan fought side by side against a common enemy. Great team work between us fought off the cyborg threat. Special thx to Dairy for keeping me alive during those tense moments

Now if only we could have things like this happen more regularly, I think this was the first ever event on RK2 where anything interesting happened. A storyline without action is not what players want. Many had a great time tonight.
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

wow, same thing happened on RK1 months ago.

Maybe you guys will get Radiman to walk down into Omni-HQ then have someone gun him down?

Amazing! Now who cares about stupid cyborgs?

I guess FC thought "oh damn, lotta rk2 people ar ecomplaining about no events. Let's give them a lame event we gave rk1 to shut em up!"

yawn

Great post, Taldrin. Pity I missed the event, but thanks for reporting it!

/me wonders why everyone thinks Captfallout is full of ****

That's right it's for unintelligent posts like the one above.

/sarcasm off

Thanks Funcom for giving us some support. Great events propell the storyline in ways you can't even imagine Hope to see more!
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Thumbs up Really simple

Thx FunCom..Very cool

/ignore CaptFallout
    yawn

Nice post Taldrin
    /thumbs

Unintelligent? Sorry folks, it seems I'm the only one here operating my keyboard not drunken or doped up.

Of course, RK2 people aren't too bright in the first place. Complain about no story (well maybe 3 of you did) then now happily forget your grievances because they toss you a rather stale cookie.

You meant "Unfuncom loving", not Unintelligent.

Of course, I didn't expect someone with such a malfunctioning brain to realize the difference.

Hey, I hear Funcom has a bridge to sell you...

It's halfway done, and will occasionally collapse killing all people who are on it! They did put some effort into it, so they can't be held liable! Right Sepentura and reality (haha talk about an ironic name!)

Well at least Funcom doesn't seem to be wanting to crash zones anymore. Seems like they spawned 30 monsters for ya!

Who said FC isn't working hard?

Took em 4 months to get RK2 an event, but damn the wait sure seems to have been worth it!

Of course, events like these have to take immense planning and preperation or otherwise Funcom sure would look pretty incompetient right now!

"letsee, um. make 50 monsters in same area and log off. Damn, i need a 3 month vacation"

Capt Fallout is right and you know it.

You do.

Like day is light.
    Like I am crap at pvp.
    Like trade is laggy.

Originally posted by CaptFallout
    Amazing! Now who cares about stupid cyborgs?

I guess FC thought "oh damn, lotta rk2 people ar ecomplaining about no events. Let's give them a lame event we gave rk1 to shut em up!"

yawn
    Well, the Cyborgs seem to be important to the story at the moment. They are the reason the two investigators were dispatched. And cyborgs were involved in the disappeance of Ms. Oak.

So I think everyone should care about the cyborgs.

The fact that a similar event happened first on Rubi-Ka 1 doesn't make it any less meaningful story wise. If Funcom have unique events for either of the two worlds, then I would assume people would complain about that as well. So, I guess its a no win situation for Funcom.

I don't see the problem with them holding similar events on both worlds.

The only real problem I see is the timing. Obviously, it would be best if they occured close together on both of the worlds.

Angry MY GOD

You guys are so challenged ..

Did you ever think they may have been testing RK2. Humm.. maybe your just to Drunk or doped to see it. As far as the personal attack on the players of RK2 that is simply bs. Im on RK2 to avoid the heavy lag issues on RK1 i have read about. Also it was never posted upon rolling there would be no story line on RK2. So Funcom goes and does the right thing!! I say good job!!

Angry stfu CaptFallout

Yes the event was a couple of months late, but who the F*** are you? No one important! You don't hear us bit*hing!

You have no place posting here if you are on rbk1, we had fun with the raid yesterday, and came here to talk about it. then you had to come along and show us how stupid you are with your posts!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Same event?

It was an event focussed on an attack by cyborgs on Clan and Omni assets.

That is enough for me.

And, if you want a story which is entirely new, without any kind of repitition, then you are in for a long, long wait.

At last count, there were only 31 distinct types of story element (or Naratemes), first proposed, I think, by Propp.

So any story is bascially a rehash of a bunch of different sections.

Q.E.D. be glad for what you get.
    The Interactor

"If it was easy, then everyone would do it"

don't listen to the whiners

Fallout is a dope. I'm on RK1 but still, any story is good, plus its a fun event (not crashing the zone is a plus). Ignore the cynical idiots and look at the plusses. You're getting story (yay) and the story staff didn't all get fired! (yay yay!)

I Did not here anything about it

Why is it I never here about ANY of the events that go on. I was on ALL last night till 4 in the morning US time and I didn't here about the cyborgs. Did it happen on the 7th? Do neutrals not here about events?

Lightbulb it happened

When I logged on at 5:15 pm US est time yesterday in w athens all hell was breaking lose around me, so I guess it started around 5pm est Jan 7 which was mon

BTW Taldrin hehe I'm in a couple of your screen shots!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!