Thread: A suggestion for fixing PvP

A suggestion for fixing PvP

The problems with PvP are too numerous to even start with but I'll try my best. I'm one of the few people that play "every" profession in the game and with some regularity. I also practice PvP with all professions in Political and arena areas. Since I've been here since beta 2 I have seen many changes (some bad and some good).

First, lets talk about the invisible things that people don't tend to see very often anymore. Role play and PvP. The negative impacts of this have been happening for far too long. People choose absurd weapon types and usually the popular fast/crit damaging types (even MAs using river series etc.) which go well away from their profession marquee. Why do they do this? Because its the most damaging type in the shortest amount of time. Aside from popular weapons you have griefers whose only enjoyment is taking away enjoyment from others. They live to cause chaos and to make people unhappy in order to fill their egos. Then you have professions that normally wouldn't PvP if they lived up to their profession description. Doctors that want to kill and murder people rather than save lives. I've talked with many about this also but I see more doctors in political and arenas than combat professions at times. Why? Because its not about role playing your profession but being able to fully heal yourself while using the uber crit weapon of your choice.

Second, lets talk about equipment in general. LLTS and ELLTS. These should have been removed from the game utterly. If you spent 150,000,000 credits on it too bad. Get rid of the LLTS and ELLTS utterly. As for the enhancer scopes, the crits should go 1 to 6 not 1 to 7 for various reasons that I won't explain at the moment. You also have "old" characters from way back that still have the following:

(Old school - level 6 uber twink)

I've been around since beta 2 and have seen people use all of the bugs around and while the ones below are no longer in effect, people have used them. I don't believe in them and so therefore I never used them. The challenge for me is the honest fight not the illegal one.

Tutoring Bugs - They used tutoring bugs to get on the best NCU belt and NCUs. With the way the tutoring bugs went at level 6 you could equip a 6 slot belt and have more than 200 NCU. In addition to these, they could up their electrical engineering and weapon smithing skills to equip an LLTS or ELLTS with a traders help at about 9 to 11% crit efficiency.

Treatment Bugs - With the treatment bugs in effect and high NCU capability, people would then step up implants to incredible amounts. I know of several 6th levels that have QL 70 implants in.

Armor bugs - There were several decus pants floating around which only required 10 points of skill to equip and when they fixed these, those same people were still wearing QL 200 pants at level 6. Don't forget the double stacking coat bug also where you could place an extra coat in your ear slot. The people that did this early on never removed them.

Using an old school agent with the above examples here is what they could do. Using the large NCU base they could have an MP cast mochams for certain abilities to swap to false profession trader at level 6. They erase the mochams. They have new mochams placed on them for PM/TS in order to deprive/ransack their way up as high as they can go. They then have another trader stack a wrangle on top of them and equip their uber weapon. (now the OE of weapons have been fixed and the armor but in relation to the amounts you lose versus the type you have on - an agent would still have a great weapon and armor on their person. Add the ability to crit (which is not nerfed) and the ability to receive the best buffs in the game due to large NCU capacity (which is not nerfed) and the ability to use a larger than normal weapon due to illegally obtained high level implants due to stacking, and you have the following:

A 6th level agent with a better weapon than any 20th level due to implants, 200+ NCU, +11% ELLTS scope, best armor walking around with layered/RRF/masteries or better to use higher than normal crit buffs slaughtering the next guy that comes near them and bowing and thanking them politely.

Thirdly, fights. The average political zone fight (somewhat overmatched) lasts about 30 seconds or less - more like 15 depending on the numbers. The epic battles are very FEW because you have one lopsided side with huge numbers and the other side dodging inbetween shops and structures to regain a 15 second timer. Arena fights cannot be trusted because of gankers and also because of buffs.

So now with just 3 points noted, let me say what will fix all of this. Please listen up to what I'm about to say here.

(FIXING PVP)

First of all, award a full IPR reallocation phase for every character for a set duration after the character logs in. Here's how it would work. When a person brought a character in the game, all their current equipment (not inventory) would be transferred to the reclaim booth. So, weapons, clothes, implants, ncu/tools/etc. would go to the reclaim booth. From the time they logged in they have exactly 7 days to use the full IPR or it is lost. If people login 3 months from now they would be stripped and the 7 day IPR phase would begin. This would allow fixes for the new implementations and get rid of certain things.

Secondly, remove ALL LLTS/ELLTS from the game.

Thirdly, keep the half/crit implementation but do the following: For PvP only allow MAs to have 75% rather than 50% and agents to have 75% for their big crits and 100% automatic for their auto crits. This gives agents and MAs the edge on their crit factors.

Fourthly, adjust deprives/ransacks to 50% bonus in PvP not 100% and give them a 30% negative nano resist hit so that they can be countered more often.

Fifth, adjust doctor heals in PvP so that they only heal 50% of the damage on any heal and reduce DoT damage to 50% damage scale.

Sixth, allow all AE effects to NOT work on same sided guards in political zones and non-political zones so that people don't use them for cover (like bronto chefs etc.). They don't work on players so why work on NPCs?

Seventh, remove the ability to uncheck or check others' effects so that people can't get away from the visual effect of blindness.

Eighth, allow ALL nano users to be able to use special nano kits so that they can increase nano during a fight (much like a weapons user reloads their gun).

Ninth, strip ALL titles one notch lower and allow titles to be gained while grouping.

Tenth, make ALL structures in a political zone (including shops) political suppression. Add a couple of very high boss like guards in the shop entrance of the actual "stores" to protect customers. Remove the 15 second timer from entering all shops/stores/buildings in a political arena.

These are a few things that will overly help PvP.
    Last edited by Drabin; Nov 1st, 2002 at 17:26:10.