Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Build Notes v14.6.0

Originally posted by Hermy

Ehem, facts straight please, Currently we have the ability to crit for 100%.

Short term 4-6 sec 100%
    Not so short 10-20 sec up to 30% at lvl 195+

This adds up to 130% for our critline, not 200%

The second is seldom used in pvp due to the long recharge. And stacking these are unfeasabe, as the long one is not instacast and have 10 seconds recharge

Please do not smack stuff like 70% extra on us that we do not have just to make it look like we are ok...
    On the other thread that has been mysteriously deleted Cz said the agent nano would be changed to 200% so that in pvp youd have the crit chance of 100% as they intended... hope so as it seems to be the agents skill.

[edit] eeep nasty typo spree [/edit]
    Last edited by Jorji; Nov 2nd, 2002 at 13:05:06.
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

I can understand that, when you made you toon only able to fight with high crit buffs/scopes.
    MAs are only able to fight with high crit rate. Our fists are crit oriented, torturing tools are crit oriented, ect...

MAs aint meant to be an uber damage dealing class - MAs in the right sense are a selfdefending class.
    > MAs in my sense are supposed to see the vital point of an oponent and then to give deadly hits ( Crit buff ). We are also supposed to evades attacks ( Green evades + Evade buff ) and stun opponents. ( Shen seems to be the Kiss of the dragon : stun + DoT )

> Agent are supposed to hide ( green Concealment + Conceal buff ), "snipe" and kill you with 1 bullet ( Concentration buff ).
    > Soldier are supposed to have an high resistance to hits ( TMS + AC Buffs ) and have big guns...
    etc...

Well, I maybe over-estimate the negative effect this nerf will have on MAs / Agents...
    I think I'll "simulate" the nerf ( Scope + SG instead of UVC ) and check how gimp i am

Yeah sure they stack, but I cant cast them very often because they eat a substantial ammount of the nanno pool.
    I think that with the NCU bonus of the GA + NCU Buff u can sacrifice a Deck slot to put an Hardcore CPU Upgrade.
    Add NT's / MP's Nano reducer + PNH = easily chain castable every 3mins, am I wrong ?
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Yeah still wrong, cause I dont have GA, and never will.. I have a range extender in the belt, and a nano int thing... then with the ncu buffs i have just enough room when I team for others buffs (im talking essentials like a docs hots, a HE and an essence after that i havent much room)... the nano pool problem means i will not have the nano to cast hot more than twice (if im lucky)

hehe dont worry so much im not some mad hater of MA's .. i think of Bruce Lee etc, fast deadly close up, hitting through all the small cracks in the armour. so the new system will not reflect that.

I just ask that people stop assuming were all GA twinks that are gods, even the GA fixers have some very obvious weaknesses, find them cause I'm not about to spell it out.
    Queen of the Ninjas

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Yea grid armor wearers are very Vunrable to Trader drains....
    Massive alpha's...
    Dimach, Brawl, Shen combo...
    And NANO SHUTDOWN.....

But other than that their pretty much gods.....
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I never saw a "non GA" fixer "PvPing" at camelot or 2h0...
    Well, i'm not a fixer, never rerolled one, but i think that a fixer w/o GA is not good @ PvP.
    I'm aware of that, but all fixer i fight have GA III or IV.

The point is that FC will reduce the overall offense without reducing the defense.
    > Crit dependent class are screwed.
    > "Healess" class are screwed.
    Oh yes, that way fights will be longer, but not sure it'll be balanced.
    If i understood, that's just a step for a balanced pvp. But IMO it would be better to balance PvP once for all in one patch.

Yea grid armor wearers are very Vunrable to Trader drains....
    Massive alpha's...
    Dimach, Brawl, Shen combo...
    And NANO SHUTDOWN.....
    Almost true
    Shen and other MA special attacks are always "resisted".
    Oh, and add the nukes to the vulnerabilities list
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Strange how noone brought up the fact there there will be NO more PvP deaths in 2HO since the "new improved longer"PvP will allow us to zone with much more"time to think and plan out strategies"on how to make our way to that bunker door or wompa.....im tellin ya everyone that wants to get a title better get it before patch cause it just aint gonna happen after it goes live....
    But thats ok.......if FC actually DOES nerf my scope it will just make me the unkillable defensive god that i guess i was intended to be.......i have 1070 duck and ranged/1120 melee evades..all without special loot,without my scope i can easily hit full speed at 15%(maybe even 10%)aggro...oh yea...and crits will be reduced to 50%...lol

I think that on patch day i will go sit on hill in 2HO,afk,then grab my game boy advance and go poopy while the omni's try to hit me....im sure ill be back in time to heal FoL and walk(not run) to the bunkers to rebuff Reduce Inertia.....then i can run back to the hill have a seat and run out to Burger King or somethin....
    If u dont know where the hill is in 2HO,its where Stromm and Hunter06 will ba hangin out either sitting afk or chaining /disco-/adjust-/moon to the omnis as they try to hit each other...........I reckon 2HO will look alot like the neutral op in mort when people make the neutral NPC's fight with the guards for like an hour straight,fun to watch but after a few min u get bored and leave........

Its a sweet idea FC but u need to disable zoning and maybe even half the duration of the sureshot line in PvP or at least shave a few sec's off(nothin against agents im just disgruntled since my last 3 kills in PvP in the past 2 months was from Dorzeal and his"guaranteed kill Disciple"nano lol)
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

well I pvp in no GA, I have friends that do as well ...

Not thatI do a lot mind cause it's not my main thing but every now and then I do... it just gets a bit annoying when I fight people the same way I fight a mob (root, shoot run repeat) and then get told I'm not pvp'ing the right way... I just use exactly the same tactics as always.. and no outsider buffs, I do ok win some lose some draw some, but thats all I expect.
    Queen of the Ninjas

bump for good patch

I know this hurts the MAs and agents alot, but im sure something will come out in the near future to rectify it. In the meantime, this patch will be a huge step forward for the "tank/damage" classes who are sick of getting owned in PvP by the "caster/tradeskill" classes. Im sorry, and flame me if u must, but traders are still gods after all the minor nerfs u have gotten thus far. Lower crit chances makes for more fair PvP overall. Those who whine about it (besides MAs and agents) are the ones who think theres something wrong if they dont win every match.

Great patch, were on track now.

I just hope it goes smooth and 14.7 etc wont get delayed due to
    post-patch fixes on this patch.

*2 thumbs up*
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

the 50% cirtical is fair for all newb all poor ppl don't have extra crtical increasw item . for these who just paid tons of cred for ellts or GOc is a big nerf( did someone promised to us they will be same value before ???? CZ ?). also for ma also = shutdwon them pvp ability(((((
    trader / agent is nerfed a lot but still ok if they give up to ithaca and switch to x-3. fix become more uber because there uber GA+ hot can heal back/ miss most non-cirtical dmg.

NT will be happy if u don't use ithaca.
    soldier muhahahah uber min dmg gun but FA became lower tho still happy

enf muhahaha go iprest :P no more 1hb for pvp

DOC!!!!!!!!!! I am the GOD ...........

ADV muhahahah i will never worry about damn ma anymore !!!!!!!

as a 199 ma i will totally give up pvp after 14.6 no point to do that .
    Attention!!!
    Kill ma in pvp will not be looked as farming pvp title
    No dangerous, no exception gogogo

crats what r u waiting for ?

171 soldier
    200 ma
    174 NT ( leveling )
    83 doc

I am in China now . no AO this month .......

Thumbs up Respect!

The best patch notes ever. Please make notes like this for all upcoming patches. Even if players don't agree to everything, at least they get an explanation to why things are done! Way to go. A lot of nice bug fixes, and I like the PvP balace attemt. Probably needs more tuning, but I think it's a correct move. Looking forward to the new dungeon, and some nice new coffe from my crat!

Way to go!
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

pvp is not balanced and will never be !!!!
    doc , fixa adn healing classes are unkillable !!!!
    the balance of pvp !!!

Originally posted by Hermy

Ehem, facts straight please, Currently we have the ability to crit for 100%.

Short term 4-6 sec 100%
    Not so short 10-20 sec up to 30% at lvl 195+

This adds up to 130% for our critline, not 200%

The second is seldom used in pvp due to the long recharge. And stacking these are unfeasabe, as the long one is not instacast and have 10 seconds recharge

Please do not smack stuff like 70% extra on us that we do not have just to make it look like we are ok...
    FACT IS:

Agents WILL get 200% on their former 100% critbuffs next patch - stated by Cz in the former thread (deleted and replaced with this 'Preliminary Build Notes v14.6.0')

Re: bump for good patch

Originally posted by Bartleby
    Im sorry, and flame me if u must, but traders are still gods after all the minor nerfs u have gotten thus far. Lower crit chances makes for more fair PvP overall. Those who whine about it (besides MAs and agents) are the ones who think theres something wrong if they dont win every match.
    This is getting old. We are not "gods" in PvP. MAs are not "gods" in PvP. Fixers are not "gods" in PvP. Enforcers are not "gods" in PvP. Doctors are not "gods" in PvP. Blah blah blah.

Certain professions do better against certain professions than others. If you are an enforcer, you probably think that fixers are pretty overpowered at the same time that you completely stomp a trader. If you are a fixer, you probably think that traders are pretty overpowered when you turn around and crush an enforcer.

The system isn't perfect, but one thing is for sure: there is no one "uber" profession. People need to lose this mentality.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

docs are gods in pvp , try to kill one now , and after the patch it'll be worth !!!

Heals still need to be halved and debuffs durations vastly shortened in PvP. THEN I think we'll really start to see some semblance of balance.

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    Heals still need to be halved and debuffs durations vastly shortened in PvP. THEN I think we'll really start to see some semblance of balance.
    Not going to hurt doc's this way 5k heal is still full heath same as 10k ... so stop trying to nerf MA's worse.. oh and 10k /5 k for adventurers as well No differance.... Just hurting MA's here.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Originally posted by AkodoReign

Not going to hurt doc's this way 5k heal is still full heath same as 10k ... so stop trying to nerf MA's worse.. oh and 10k /5 k for adventurers as well No differance.... Just hurting MA's here.
    Then perhaps there should be a heal cap like there is a damage cap instead.

And I'm not trying to "hurt" anyone, but some things do need to be adjusted. People need to try and look past their own professions and at the bigger picture.

I said it once and I'll say it again... sometimes nerfs are needed. The NT stun is a perfect example. I'm a NT and you don't see me crying about that. No NT with a lick of sense did when the "nerf" happened. It was obviously overpowered. Sometimes it's simply not realistic to try and boost everyone else to compensate for one overpowered skill just to avoid a nerf.

This is just a game folks... I can't understand why some people get so incredibly bent out of shape and emotional about certain things.

Just so you know, not all that was directed at you, AkodoReign, just the people in general who act like suggesting any nerf is as morally reprehensible as torturing puppies.

GREAT PATCH

GOOD JOB !!

now you just miss the doc love patch and i'm happy !!

Originally posted by Sethil

FACT IS:

Agents WILL get 200% on their former 100% critbuffs next patch - stated by Cz in the former thread (deleted and replaced with this 'Preliminary Build Notes v14.6.0')

I said CURRENTLY....
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast