Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Build Notes v14.6.0

Very nice!

All I can say is that this is great news.

Sure, the crit changes will piss off the munchkins/number crunchers a bit, but thats what you get when you base your character totally on something that is obviously overpowered. Just be glad it went so well for so long.

Love all the bug fixes.
    Like the reasoning behind the crit changes...hopefully they pan out as intended.
    Like the boosts for various classes (I mainly play crat/engie/fixer).

But I think you forgot a couple of things:
    a) Linux client is finished!
    b) Level restrictions were re-evaluated and removed from the game in favor of taking a harder look at skill requirements.
    c) All classes now have at least 3 good choices for weapons. The more combat oriented a class, the more weapon choices that are cheap.
    d) All items in the tradeskills booths now have a use in making / modifying equipment.

=)

Anywise, great patch. Keep up the good work.
    -Religion

Ask someone for the ultimate PvP toon and 9/10 would say Fixer / MA / Agent. It's that predictable.
    Do we play the same game ?
    EVERYONE will answer trader as first toon, then fixer / doc, then MA / Enforcer.
    Enforcer are way more useful than MA's in almost all "mass pvp" situation. As NT's.

About the crit nerf...
    Well, docs still have CH - fixers still have ~500 DoT - enforcer still have a ton of HP + ~700 layers.
    If this crit nerf is just a "step" for a well balanced PvP, sounds like docs, fixer, enforcer and other good defence classes will be nerfed soon.
    Oh well ! I hope they will.
    Last edited by Cronost; Nov 1st, 2002 at 22:10:11.
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Originally posted by Cronost

If this crit nerf is just a "step" for a well balanced PvP, sounds like docs, fixer, enforcer and other good defence classes will be nerfed soon.
    You want other classes to be nerfed....You are a piece of sh-t!
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Patch is not perfect but when I sum everything up I like it. They fixed a lot of things, added long awaitted enforcer/soldier buffs. The new subway dungeon will mean I'll have to make yet another twinkie ... can't decide yet between fixer/enforcer (guess I'll have to make both)

Good move with lowering evades on high level bosses as it's no fun in missing non-stop on them. Fixing bows and some other weapon inits means I'll have more weapons to play with soon, which is also really nice (can't wait to get IP to max bow on my MA).

I like the new monster info, it indeed makes a little absolete the perception based tools but I don't have IP to max it anyway so I'll just have more things to play with now.

For PvP giving points to grouped people is really good as it will encourage us to be grouped and especially get healers in PvP groups which is really nice.

About the crit reduction, anyway you look at it, it's a ma/agent nerf in the end which aren't really the top pvp classes so not sure if it's a good thing. What I really hate is seeing some of the advents/docs/enforcers/soldiers rejoining when others get nerfed but ohh well, I'm fine with everything that will shut the mouth of all the mentally retarded pvp whiners.

What Funcom really get my confidence vote for is the fact that the new pvp balance changes affect ONLY pvp. I'm really happy that they listened to the majority of players who do more pvm than pvp and don't nerf everyone just because of some pvp whiners. So yes, I think this crit reduction change is much better than nerfing scopes or adding those init penalties as my MA will still be able to use effectively bows and other stuff in pvm. So again really good move, and I hope someone from funcom reads this.

Posted by Hemicrusher
    You want other classes to be nerfed....You are a piece of sh-t!
    Hey man, with 32% crit I can't even down a doc to 50% hp. It'll be worst after the patch.
    I think Enf / MA are equal classes atm. But enf don't crit a lot and don't need to.
    ( Beam : 33-519 (519) - MA Fists : ~80-250(500) )
    As Adv / MA... Adv don't need to crit alot
    ( SOL: 50-350 (250) - dual wielded w/ a SSC 10-490 (350) )
    Vs fixer, only way to make them grid is to crit them 2 or 3 times in a row. They'll be scared of a dimach and grid away.

Where's the balance ?

Peeps whine @ MA's since SG/VS/LMA/UVC is self only.
    >14.6 : We are nerfed, now it's our turn to whine ?

An eye for an eye...

( Oh yeah, everyone is affected by the crit nerf... but MA and Agent are crit based. MA's don't have CH, Plunder, TMS, Nulity Sphere, pets, stun or nukes . All we have is crit hits and green evades. So YES that's a MA nerf )

P.S : Only way FC found to balance PvP is to nerf balanced classes.
    P.P.S : Why I am so aggressive ? I pvp 90% of my game time. And I know that in a few weeks i'll be a gimp.

An eye for an eye...

Hehe, I prefer "Ten eyes for an eye", or in other words return them the favor with a fat interest.

agreed cronost even if he's a claner

Honestly, i don't want to see player who are having fun getting nerfed and not having fun anymore.
    But when I see all those peeps enjoying the nerf, i really think they don't deserve my sympathy.

P.S : Just checked the "new nerfed shen" on Jayde DB... FC, do you think a Stun / 1200 dmg / 100 DoT deserve a 16min reload ?

Hey man, with 32% crit I can't even down a doc to 50% hp.
    And we ALL know Docs were made to be punching bags. It's right on the back of the Omni-Med Suit: Kick me.

Isn't it?

I didn't see the new anti ninja loot update in the prelim notes, about how the items will be displayed in text and who loots them. Was it just left out or is it not ready for this patch Cz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Arrow

Boy that clinched it.

I am 100% sure I'm changing to Manex now.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Nothing much to say here but, WAY TO GO FUNCOM!!!

I cant wait to see it Live!

I would totally be for this change if it included the other overpowering abilities being reduced as well, namely debuffs like init. reduction and ransack. I can crit all I want but if I can only hit once every six seconds, healing every eight or doing it like someone forty levels below me, it means little.

Id like to hear the strategy Im supposed to use when facing a doc after the crit and shen reduction or what a team is supposed to do against three or four of them. You cant nanoshutdown them all.

Dont get me wrong, I think the crit change is needed for making fights last longer. But, there are other abilities such as these powerful nanos that need to be reduced as well.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

why is an smg (read fixer gun) the best ranged weapon in the game? shouldnt a soldeir get a gun that has some really good damage?

my alpha guns do worse base dmg then a manex but are 7.5 second shot times. wtf is up with that.

give fixers uber evades, hots... Grid armour. ncu buffs, and now this? suxx...

soldiers get some really useless uncastable buffs... +70 AR for 830+ psy/sense that DOES NOT stack with our +60 buff that needs 230 psy sense..

the FA buffs are completly useless not to mention i dont have enough ncu as it is to cast all my self buffs.

ww10 is fought with docs and traders and fixers i guess. heck it is in the future : P

Do we play the same game ?
    EVERYONE will answer trader as first toon, then fixer / doc, then MA / Enforcer.
    Enforcer are way more useful than MA's in almost all "mass pvp" situation. As NT's.

About the crit nerf...
    Well, docs still have CH - fixers still have ~500 DoT - enforcer still have a ton of HP + ~700 layers.
    PUT DOWN THE PIPE!!!!

Fixers have a DoT? we never have and never will

go back and rethink your statments before you post rubbish about other professions
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Lol!
    http://auno.org/ao/dmg.php?t=ag&name...e=1178&clip=20

vs

http://auno.org/ao/dmg.php?t=ag&name...=1000&clip=200

Lower attack and Manex still owns it.
    /me goes and blitz's a Manex.
    Who needs an AR? :P
    Last edited by Sbje; Nov 2nd, 2002 at 02:37:27.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Originally posted by Nothinman
    why is an smg (read fixer gun) the best ranged weapon in the game? shouldnt a soldeir get a gun that has some really good damage?

my alpha guns do worse base dmg then a manex but are 7.5 second shot times. wtf is up with that.

give fixers uber evades, hots... Grid armour. ncu buffs, and now this? suxx...

soldiers get some really useless uncastable buffs... +70 AR for 830+ psy/sense that DOES NOT stack with our +60 buff that needs 230 psy sense..

the FA buffs are completly useless not to mention i dont have enough ncu as it is to cast all my self buffs.

ww10 is fought with docs and traders and fixers i guess. heck it is in the future : P
    "Gave" us GA? more like gave some fixers a mad elusive item to chase... not all fixers have it not all want it....Im certain youd be even less than happy if they "gave" you something as hard to find and as insanely priced as GA

(No I do not have GA nor do I want it)

I also know soldiers are less than happy with their buffs and can understand that totally... setting up nanos for a long distant future patch ie shadowlands, is not making anyone happy... we had it happen to us, MA's as well now NT's and Soldiers... I doubt FC will see fit to tweak it then nerf if back when shadowlands arrives.

A qustion the buff that doesnt stack.. its in the same line just a better version? or its a seperate line? (none of the new fixer smg buff line stacked with anything other than the expertise buffs, wrangles and RC)

hope I make sense, a bit dizzy with the flu
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Old

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...asp?AOID=29220

New

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=203119

Just hope.. its changed

And yes it is the same line, look at the strain on the left
    Last edited by Sbje; Nov 2nd, 2002 at 02:52:15.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Omg...

A time back we halved the damage output of nanos and weapons in pvp. We realise there is still some more to be done in this area, as PvP fights are still way, way too quick. Thus we have halved the chance of you getting a critical in PvP. This will shift the balance in disfavour of the professions having a high critical chance, basically the Agent and the Martial Artists. Our mission statement is still to push, push and push the PvP balance towards longer lasting fights - that include more tactical skill! Today the only skill needed is getting the highest damage weapon and the highest critical chance... This is not what we want.

Call me whiner, call me selfish, and yes, I'm an Ithaca doc... and I hate this .

I have 0 ipr left because I tried out weapons, I have 0 urge to level in my 5 billionth mission to get 80k ip to put in a dark blue wep skill, and after this goes out, I won't be able to duel or actually kill anybody.

GIVE US SOME WAY TO GET IPR =/
    Last edited by Talanie; Nov 2nd, 2002 at 03:49:36.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Sorry.

Fixers are - not - in the same buffing category as post 14.6 Adventurers, Enforcers, and Soldiers. By level 200, any fixer can self cast 100% of their nanos without rare items, and not even fully implanted for nano skills (can easily max implant SMG without losing a single nano).

Paired with the strongest single weapon skill buff in the game at level 195 (Frenzy of Shells +141 SMG and a lot of other adds for a mere 46 NCU) gives fixers a nice Attack Rating. Only a Martial Artist with Four Fists of Kali (+140) and Lesser Controlled Rage (+12) can get a higher primary weapon skill.

Advents cap at +87 Pistol or 1h Edged (+100 if they gimp their healing), Enforcers +100 (if they lose their best Challenger), and Soldiers +110/+120 (AR/RE). The high level Enforcers and Soldier nanos require an MP and/or Trader to cast in the current game.

Fixers should be happy they got their content before the move to make nanos under the new skill budget happened. You lucked out, and I'm happy for you. Too bad Enforcers and Soldiers didn't make the cut before the new policy was made, and that Adventurers got the transition nanos.

Here's hoping that this mess gets worked out by Shadowlands.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast