Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Build Notes v14.6.0

THEY FIXED THE YALM BUG!!!
    Cz, I promise I shall never whine again!!!

(almost never that is )
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

As someone who doesn't care about any PvP considerations, I have to say:

This looks like the best pacth that's ever been assembled. Just the bug fixes alone make it worthwhile. I don't mind not seeing all the cyclics that much, and, doing what I do, I love the fact I can now see level info instead of that old PoD screen.

Great job!
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

Originally posted by Odian102
    Funcom just announced that PvP crits will be reduced to 50%.

my response:

Big Blah..........

creative edited by Sethil
    Dude, you dont have any clue about playing a trader. Drains are the most powerful thing in this game. Traders are able to reduce every other opponents attackrating down to the half of traders own. Drain 415 attackrating and 348 back to yourself is more powerful than everything else.....

Traders are meant to TRADE skillpoints from opponents to OTHERS, especially team-mates, but the most trader gain the skillpoints, and dont hand them out and uses them for themselves. Traders should transfer the stuff, but they dont do that... isnt that the wrong way traders act?
    Last edited by Zagareth; Nov 1st, 2002 at 18:33:05.

Originally posted by mercutio4910
    and what's happend for the players who're using crit weapons and don't have ipr anymore ?
    reroll a Soldier... Muharharhar

I, for one, think the crit reduction is a step in the right direction. Crit chance was way too high before, and it still way too high now... In most game systems, crits are rare things--things you can't count on. In AO, crits are common and predictable.

I know with my 4 crit scope + Grinning Hunter that I'll get at least one, often 2 crits per mob battle. With TTS or Mark, I get 3 or 4. With TTS and Mark I get 4 or 5. Predictible and far too common...but, hey... I'll take whatever I can get over the cheating MOBs. However, when it comes to PvP--where PCs don't have the insane HP of MOBs--it's a bit too much.

It's also irritating when someone attacks you with an otherwise crappy weapon (for example, an Ithaca) and is sitting there hitting you for 10-20 damage per hit... And you *know* they've got some uber scope on and that you're gonna get critted in about 10 seconds and lose at least 50% of your HP.

MAs can still get an absurdly high crit rate... We're talking well over 50%! That's waaaay too much.

Of course this is going to irritate crit-heavy profs, but it seems to have sound balancing purposes. 6 months ago, this game was all about crits, nothing else. Now, it's moving away from that...but in PvP it is still a serious problem.

-Jayde

One Work: Thanks!!!

38 Words: could we get a patch faster next time with less fixes, less content in it, that way it would improve stability, while overall fix gain would be appreciable faster, much like monthly accruing of interest outperforms annual accruing.

nine Words: I really like the changes you are putting in

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Good patch FC

And yes they finally fixed the yalm bug i can't believe it
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

FC : you gave us agents the 100% crit chance nano so that we would have a chance in pvp against the soldiers alphas / docs healing / Ma's high crits and Enforcers high dmg output/hp . Before i state that you are taking it all away again , may i ask how this "nerf" effects the agents concentration line ? will the 100% crit for 4 seconds now only be 50% for 4 seconds or will the nano line remain the same in PvP .

Your organisation name is now showing over your character's head, just like the nickname. It's possible to turn this feature on/off in options->misc. It's on by default. In connection to this, we have added a name filter to organisation names. Existing organisation names that violate the rules will be automatically changed in the future.
    Name filter? Rules? Draconian name changes? WTF?
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Re: One Work: Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Animosity
    ...much like monthly accruing of interest outperforms annual accruing...
    At Rooms to Go interest dosnt accrue for 16 months!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

As to the changes in the animal info screen, why not just remove Level, Aggressiveness, and HP and NP tools and make the info screen do a check against Perception?

For every one point of Perception, you can see the aggressiveness of a level of beast.
    For every two points of Perception, you can see the level of a beast.
    For every four points of Perception, you can see the HP and NP of a beast

Thus, at skill level 800, you can see the HP and NP of a level 200 beast, at skill level 400, you can see the level, and at skill level 200 you can see the aggressiveness. Make the more useful info require a higher skill.

I like the change in the patch, but what are thoughts on taking it further?

Krystanova: Post that idea to suggestions. That rocks!
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Hehe. I thought I might do that.... seems more appropriate there, I guess.

Originally posted by Erinsuin
    FC : you gave us agents the 100% crit chance nano so that we would have a chance in pvp against the soldiers alphas / docs healing / Ma's high crits and Enforcers high dmg output/hp . Before i state that you are taking it all away again , may i ask how this "nerf" effects the agents concentration line ? will the 100% crit for 4 seconds now only be 50% for 4 seconds or will the nano line remain the same in PvP .
    i realy wonder why just agents r whining. sure ... u r a bit more gimped now, but where is teh fun of a figth if its done in 5 seconds.

tahts lame and boring too. 50% critchance is still dam much.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Originally posted by Odian102
    Funcom just announced that PvP crits will be reduced to 50%.

my response:

Man, Hurt the traders again. every patch seems to nerf the trader alittle bit more everytime. execpt for the HD (which doesnt have any specials), traders really on crits. Now, what? - When the new weapons hit live, that has a crap load of specials, the traders are doomed.
    All classes crits are cut in half. How is this directed exclusively at traders?

Funcom stated they were looking for options so as not to nerf the crit scope. So far, they thought that adding a ranged init debuff to the MA line of crit buffs would prevent MAs from stacking crit buffs with the LLTS. Thus, leaving the crit scope unnerfed for ranged users. Even with this option being presented you still went ahead and sold off your 13% crit scope. So, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Take responsibility for your actions and don't put the blame on Funcom.

because with the exception of the HD all shotguns are crit dependant to do any damage. Ithaca, vektor, medium shotgun to name a few. If they don't crit then they don't do any damage. If you got RRFE or a damage shield on some of their shots will do them more damage then you
    Last edited by Intrepid; Nov 1st, 2002 at 20:03:00.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I know this may not be the highest priority, but is this patch going to have Looting messages when someone loots something in team?

Is it in the patch notes?
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Originally posted by Erinsuin
    The 100% crit line for agents become 200% to keep it up in PvP - stated somewhere in the former, now deleted post from Cz

Originally posted by Sparkyd
    I know this may not be the highest priority, but is this patch going to have Looting messages when someone loots something in team?

Is it in the patch notes?
    It's not in Patch Notes, but it is on test right now. It only shows it when you're in a team. Obnoxious but it works. =)

Thumbs up

The patch sounds awesome.
    Brave and wise move for the crits.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast