Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Build Notes v14.6.0

I still am waiting to hear About this Crit nerf . Im not gonna whine , im not gonna flame you all for flaming me . I just want to know where it will end .

You made Ma crits self only AND Profesion Ma ( not visual profesion mind u ) , in return you gave us agents a 100% crit line that lasts 4 secoinds and takes a total of 10 minutes to recycle . With this we became the snipers of the feild . While we are not uber in our own right , we must falseprofesion/assume/mimic another class to PvP . Now you are destroying what you gave us . I find it hardly fair that i am being reduced to a gimp again in pvp .

i see the trend happing and i think you all should be afraid .

1/2 dmg
    1/2 crit chance

whats next :

1/2 heals
    1/2 evades
    1/2 nano pool
    1/2 hp

it could go on forever . where do we draw the line ? Find a difrent solution to this problem , cause all u will do is have to nerf something else to "balance" the other nerfs you make .

Im sorry I wasnt saying your fixers, I was just trying to understand what was happening and thus I asked... It does look wrong that your buff doesnt add as much and even with the lowered reqs will have a hell of a time (if its even possible) to use them. I am totally againt the idea of making the professions ballanced for a patch that is in the far future.

I sincerly hope that they sort it for you.

(I hope it didnt seem that I presumed too much about soldiers, I was merely trying to understand better and all I can base my questions on is what I know...)
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

No hard feelings from me, and I appologize if I came out sounding too harsh, but it's a sensitive subject.

IMO, Fixers were updated and fixed right, and after that patch I (and probably a large number of other people) figured the other professions with issues would get a similar fix, but this sadly seems to not be the case, nor does it seem a topic open for debate with the developers.

Soldiers don't want to upset fixers, because without fixers, soldiers can't fit any outside buffs in their NCUs (and soon can't fit all their own buffs for that matter). :P

Just curious why you nerfed bracers if:

PvP fights are still way, way too quick.
    Only issue I can see is that they were hard to find, which made some people have a better advantage. You could have sold them in shops and made them specialty items like the agent Mask that increases QL as the player increases in lvl.

Im just really curious as to what direction you are going. PvP damage up(scopes, UVC), PvP damage down(UVC MA only, bye bye scopes), PvP damage up(bracer nerf), PvP damage down(crit damage halved).

Everyone likes a yo-yo?

-Arsiine

*edit* sorry i wanted to add THANK YOU for the bug fixes. keep the fixes coming=)

Its cool, like I said b4 I'm feeling less than well so Im prolly not making much sense.

I have to say that the fixer changes made playing AO fun again for me, and if everyone had that kind of fun i think AO would be a better game, I want each class to be strong, unique and need each other for different things but not dependant either

Lets just hope that they make somemore changes so that can be the case

(think i better stop posting b4 i ramble anymore.)
    Queen of the Ninjas

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Engineers

Rrrg, this patch is good for the other professions, (Controversial) but what about engineers?! We've been waiting for the repair of signifigant issues with our class for a LONG time. I'm thinking that FC is ignoring engineers.

Do you think differently? Look at the engineer board, all of the recent topics are on how much the engineer stinks.

Sorry for being a bit snappy, but it's really depressing to see that the engineers have been completely ignored by devs and players alike.

Guess it doesn't matter since _**No one really plays our profession**_. Oh wait, that's because no one wants to, since engineers don't have any real role in rubi-ka.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

How nice of you to let us post here. I really appreciate how you patronize us and pretend like you listen or care. Some developer's definition of "as intended" does not necessarily jibe with the current reality players deal with. The fact that you make your decisions without any input or discussion with those of us who know this game and will be affected by it displays, yet again, a horrific disdain for your customers.

Instead of telling us, "this is what's changing and there's nothing you can do about it," why not consider a more democratic approach which involves the players. It wouldnt be as simple, but it certainly would be more empowering for all of us and i believe the end result would be much more refined and require less rubberbanding and emergency fixing of the fixes. How many people could tell you that boss mobs with more evades than a fixer at full D in GAIV are unkillable? Ummm all of us. Why not involve US in your decision making process. What a great innovation it'd be to make AO's development player lead.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

crits are too high atm

crits really are out of hand in pvp when other players crit u for insane amounts of crits on top of their alphas. Although i do think crits are out of hand atm i do think there should be a separate system for crits in pvm and pvp just liek there are two sets of damage output for both. Nt's really need some love and im not seeing it in the next patch. 2 np buffs?

Question Fights too fast?

Guess theres only me that takes 30+ mins fighting a doc to realise that if its not over in 5.....its just not gonna be over.

Only good thing (?) about fighting a healer (doc)....is that they cant make you stay for the fight.

I personally do like that you making crits half for pvp but not hurting them for regular play.

Maybe you will do the right thing and restore bracers to how they were pre-nerf...maybe keeping the Unique/left-right wrist as it is, and just reducing them back to 7% for PvP. At least they will be useful again, and wont "unbalance" pvp (the crying game)

I say bring it for 40% cap (and 50% if you want to get really nerf happy) healing for pvp also and just get it over with.

Not to sound ungrateful for the bureaucrat nano icon fixes but there are an awful lot of other blant "bugs". Our xp buff baton line still says it needs more NCUs than auctually needed in the description. Among other things, our Red Tape, Cut Red Tape and nano delta nanos are still useless.

Our psychic checks were said to be in change mode back in Sept from the professionals reports. What happened to our suggestions?

And do debuff speeches still break mez?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Hi di ho

Some very nice good things in 14.6. but also some well ...

• Frederickson Micro-kinetic Sleeves

Very nice and good improvement. The sleeves are worth to wear them now.
    • Commander Jocasta in Cyborg Barracks now has a chance of dropping the Immortal Katana.

Well its not a good weapon but a yellow blade I want to use it with my little forcer gimp
    • Cyborgs will now drop some unique loot.

Maybe some soldier stuff?
    • The evade skills for the outdoor glowing bosses were too high, making them very difficult to hit at higher levels. Their evades have been lowered.

Yeah now more 10 missed and only 1 hit on those damn uber bosses.
    • A new taunt item is available for Enforcers. Rumour says the cyborgs invented it.

Well there is our new special unique cyborg loot.
    • Changed the recharge time of the Total Mirror Shield nano line from 20 sec to 5 sec.

Well doesn't matter. But wow they change our nano tms nano line
    • Fixed a bug with the Soldier nano One-More-Hit healing. It will now do Radiation damage rather then unknown damage.

Yeah wow after years I will never see "You hit with 4 points unknown damage: 121 damage."

• Weapon recharge times will now be lowered pending on your AGG/DEF bar and initiative skill.

Don't know if this is really good or bad. We will see. Good is that I can lower my recharge for 4 sec with tim-scope now. But on the other side the deadly doc debuff -2569 init will kill me now in pvp. Well +4sec attack and +8sec recharge is a way to heavy or? Think about the Trader shooting his Ithaca with 5/9 now on full agg lol. Come on Funcom! Docs are already pvp gods they don't need to become more uber now! The best doc bebuff should be -800 not more! Hey Funcom this debuff is made for pvm not for pvp. The main problem this game has is that most or all debuffs and healing buffs are made for pvm and not for pvp. They are all! to powerfull!
    • The size of the target's health bar will reflect how many hit points the target has in total. More hit points will lead to a wider health bar.

Thats nice and a good idea. But I hope I have enough screen-size for the 1000000 pixels wide hp bar of General's right hand.
    • Your organisation name is now showing over your character's head, just like the nickname.

Nice new feature.
    • A time back we halved the damage output of nanos and weapons in pvp. We realise there is still some more to be done in this area, as PvP fights are still way, way too quick. Thus we have halved the chance of you getting a critical in PvP. This will shift the balance in disfavour of the professions having a high critical chance, basically the Agent and the Martial Artists. Our mission statement is still to push, push and push the PvP balance towards longer lasting fights - that include more tactical skill! Today the only skill needed is getting the highest damage weapon and the highest critical chance... This is not what we want.

True but do you really want to see all healing classes owning classes who cannot heal, cause we are not able to make enough damage to kill them? I mean hey atm I'm not able to kill a doc, cause right he don't do good damage on me but after the 2nd ch he casted I run out of health and I cannot heal me. Now hmmm a doc need only to cast one ch. Well thats absolutly crazy. I agree some classes crit to often and it is a good change but on the other side - we are unable to kill any class who can heal. Gaily Painted Hood Soldier/NT/Crat/Eng only. Cause this classes don't have heal. And the other classes well they have to run out of nanos much earlier now! If not they are unkillable
    • We have changed the way XP is handed out when one person in your team picks a lock or disarms a bomb. Earlier only that individual would get XP for doing this - in the future the whole team will get XP for it.

Hehe now we get something when fixers ninja all chests. Not the loot but some xp
    • Fixed a size bug that occurred when de-equipping a Yalmaha.

Very very nice.
    • Fixed a bug where your Yalmaha would continue to be greyed out when taken from your wear-view to your inventory.

Good work.
    • The requirements for equipping a Modified Aggression Enhancer have been corrected. The item can now be worn.

Hmmm I already wear this item. They are unwearable. Hmmmm?????! But the negative side is and you didn't post it. The item is now unique and arf I have to delete my old one to get a new one now
    • Queen Blade. They increase the max damage from 1003 to 1083 yeah.

Well some nice stuff in 14.6. But where is the soldier love? With the halfen crits and "init-fix" docs get a big love patch with 14.6. Soldiers with halfen-crit hmmm against traders a love but against healing classes a big big nerf. Welcome new PVP God Doc hehe. Oh did I already say that I was thinking about starting a doc too?
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

I have DARK BLUE weapon skills. Yup. Every single last one of them. 7 of them near maxed in order for me to participate in pvp since nukes/pets are a joke. When you have DARK BLUE weapon skills (all of them now), you can not rely on some weapon with high min damage blahblah. Those of us with DARK BLUE weapon skills must crit. Otherwise we hit for:

etc etc.

Now if this game wasn't ****ed up its ass in regards to pets and nukes, this wouldn't be such a big deal. But it is.

I love how people with green weapon skills can be so passe about things like this. Those with actual AR. I laugh when they piss and moan about 'only having 1k AR' when self buffed, those of us with DARK BLUE weapon skills have at least 200 less.

I'd be very curious if Yazule would hold his holier then though attitude if his enforcer nanos suddenly required different nano skills to be used. If every other patch NANOS were ****ing nerfed and he was forced to use other nano skills. But of course he would. Duh. He's better then us mere mortals, cause we just suck.

I've probably spent more ip on my weapon setup then he's gained in all his total levels combined.*snicker*

So.....now I'm forced to nuke. Wear my creation weapons, hope for a gph. Funcom throws me a 17 second nano to reduce snares on my pets. They sure are on top of how this game works.

Reducing crit does nothing unless Funcom fixes the problems that force so many of us in to being crit reliant gun totting *****es.

What really pisses me off is that this is just affecting one aspect of the game. I can't nuke in pvm. I don't need to xp anymore, and what pvm I do is against mobs that you land 2 out of 50 nukes...with 1100+ MC. So now not only do I already have 7 ****ing DARK BLUE weapon skills gorging on my IP, I have to raise at least 2 more. Probably 3. Plus blue inits. Just so I can be effective in both pvp and pvm.

Whoever thought this up sucks. Half assed measures suck. Gah.

Posted by Jorji
    PUT DOWN THE PIPE!!!!

Fixers have a DoT? we never have and never will

go back and rethink your statments before you post rubbish about other professions
    I meant HoT and i bet everyone understood but you.
    Stop flaming me, you know this nerf + "unbrekable roots" will put fixer to the top.

Cyborgs will now drop some unique loot.

Maybe some soldier stuff?
    Cyborg Death Squad Body Armor ( http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=164817 ) maybe ?

A new taunt item is available for Enforcers. Rumour says the cyborgs invented it.
    Library of Foul Language : http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=165111 The description is very funny
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Originally posted by Zylina
    I have DARK BLUE weapon skills. Yup. Every single last one of them. 7 of them near maxed in order for me to participate in pvp since nukes/pets are a joke. When you have DARK BLUE weapon skills (all of them now), you can not rely on some weapon with high min damage blahblah. Those of us with DARK BLUE weapon skills must crit. Otherwise we hit for:

etc etc.

Eh, I can't think of a single weapon in the game that takes 7 skills to use.

Ranged Ener.
    Assualt Rifle.
    Smg
    Aimed Shot
    Burst
    Fling
    Full auto

When your ar sucks, weapon damage falls down to specials. It was this, or be an ithaca user.

If this crit nerf goes through, then I will probably be resetting smg, aimed shot, full auto and raising 1hb/2hb/multi melee so I can use my creation weapons and nuke.

Since I can't nuke in pvm because nukes don't hit the ql 250+ mobs I do 99% of my pvm against, I'll be forced to just use a nova for that. Then when I want to go screw around 2ho/camelot, I have to switch out imps so I can do damage with nukes in pvp.

Seems kind of silly that a profession with all dark blue weapon skills needs to max out so many to play this game in every aspect.

Everyone is crying loud about the critnerf in PvP - I can understand that, when you made you toon only able to fight with high crit buffs/scopes.

Critical Hits are something that should be rare in fights and hey, they are still available in 14.6.....

I think 1 crit every 20 shots is more than enough - the rest should be made by normal damage. Best Burst recharge in game in currently 26 sec with a D9, so its a huge burst damage every 26 sec, but crits come every 4-20 sec. (Depends on you critbuffs/scopes) with much higher damage. Its also not ok, that 'not intended to be in the first line of combat'-classes can do the same damage as the other, but with the huge advantage of their healings and drains...

Docs have their healings and probably now improved init debuffs (due to the init fix) and I dont wanna nerf them, but they cant crit as much as before.

Trader can still drain the s...t out of the opponents - a bit harder to plunder line, because of better NR for ever other (morphing NCUs, Nano Repulsor buff) - but even 1 debuff is enough to hurt others. They also cant crit as much as before, but they can chainheal forever.

Fixer are still able to wear a GA and use HoTs, but you can hurt them with fast recycling specials - they dont have much AC, so a gun with lower damage, but more specials will do it (Hope the Hellfury and its 8-10sec Burst makes it ingame).
    The Manex for Fixer is a kick in the face for Soldiers - 3.5/3.5 attack and 1-750 base should be a Soldier gun, but Soldiers can only get around 950 attackrating with MG, instead 1150 for AR (all the nice stuff included)

EVERY idiot out there can now use the Manex and with 900 RI (and the ability of a huge burst) everyone can attack with 2.0/1.0

I like the critnerf - it brings the damage advantage back to the professions, which dont depend only on crits (Soldiers, Enforcer, Adventurer and yes... pet classes)

MAs aint meant to be an uber damage dealing class - MAs in the right sense are a selfdefending class. I had always and still have the opinion, that MAs should have more abilities to defend then to attack - I dont know if the game mechanics def/att check is 50:50 or 25:75 when both values are equal, but MAs should have more defense abilities than for attack. The ability to crit every 2-3 hit, screws that.

Agents still have the ability to crit for 100% in PvP - 200% critvalue in their nanoline makes it possible.

I like the patch as it is (except the ridiculous soldier buffs) and I'll try it - I can cry later when something appears to be still uber.....

(nerf healings to 50% )

Edited:
    I never understood why they removed the 1 shot kills in PvP (thats ok as it is now), but still left the ability to a 1 cast 100% healing in PvP? Why isnt this capped to 40% of the HPs as the damge?
    Last edited by Zagareth; Nov 2nd, 2002 at 10:19:40.

I just dont like half measures. Reduce the huge debuffs in pvp WHILE making them effective in pvm. If you are going to do something in a big way, you need to do it in this patch. Only making the crit change is not enough. Also, pull the profession only tags off of adv. pistols to give docs something in return and make a noncrit shotgun for the traders. Lastly, help the pet classes and hth classes by giving them an easy and fast way to break roots. Roots should be a help in pvp not an all powerful tool that can make entire classes worthless.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Originally posted by Sethil

Agents still have the ability to crit for 100% in PvP - 200% critvalue in their nanoline makes it possible.

Ehem, facts straight please, Currently we have the ability to crit for 100%.

Short term 4-6 sec 100%
    Not so short 10-20 sec up to 30% at lvl 195+

This adds up to 130% for our critline, not 200%

The second is seldom used in pvp due to the long recharge. And stacking these are unfeasabe, as the long one is not instacast and have 10 seconds recharge

Please do not smack stuff like 70% extra on us that we do not have just to make it look like we are ok...
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Great patch FC, but you did forget my map of Wailing Wastes!

Originally posted by Cronost

I meant HoT and i bet everyone understood but you.
    Stop flaming me, you know this nerf + "unbrekable roots" will put fixer to the top.

Then you are still wrong, I dont have a 500 HoT either....

The long slow hot heals for 362-370
    the short hot heals for 122-276

Yeah sure they stack, but I cant cast them very often because they eat a substantial ammount of the nanno pool.
    Queen of the Ninjas

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast