Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Preliminary Build Notes v14.6.0

Thumbs up

Not a soldier, but it's about time they got a Full Auto buff.. just makes sense. Have to disagree with some of the nerfing. PvP whiners just ruin it all, but all in all, a good patch FC. (don't know how much that's really saying though.)
    Last edited by Mundane; Nov 6th, 2002 at 02:02:27.

Angry WTF are you guys thinking Please STOP leave the PVP alone

{Moderator: Try be a little more constructive when posting.}
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 14th, 2002 at 10:34:32.
    Aykaziel

Syndacate

Lucavii

I actually like this patch, but the only objection I have is the halving of crits. Many of you see this as a positive, and I sort of agree, then another half are saying it directly effects mas and agents the most.

Okay, this stipulation directly...DIRECTLY effects professions that can't heal, or don't have a direct line of defense, and as far as I'm concerned the agent is getting bent over in this patch...PERIOD

Yeah, we could FP, AP, MProfessions, but ask almost all the agents, its truly not that simple. We have next to no defense, and healing? Yes, that might be why we have the false/assume/mimic lines, but the fight there becomes unbalanced, a level 200 agent in mimic (level 130doc really) to heal, doesn't work well, only good for mission back up healing.

My complaint is this, if you take away our only viable asset in PvP, give us something to compensate, we dont' even have a new nano with this patch, the only thing we get is our crits halved? WTF? FC, I appreciate you 'trying' to fix the game, or 'sending' it in the 'right' direction, I really do, but what you've done here is absolute ignorance, sorry to be rude, but I feel like we've(agents) have been singled out. Sure peeps might think we ***** too much, but come on ffs, this is just bad....

...I write this knowing jack-s hit will happen, but **** it, its my 2 cents.

Yeah. I agree with FlameOn & Icon.. The decision to cut crits in half because YOU want longer fights.. well, WE play. It sucks to see this many people get bent because you nerf something that a few whiners have been complaining about.
    People complaining about PvP class functionality = you nerfing (random ability/nano/weapon/etc) = Lots of ticked off customers who DON'T ENGAGE IN PVP. People who do, in fact, play the game for some other reason. I myself, PvP tons. That's not to say i don't enjoy a team mission. I realize the crit nerf is PvP only, but how many times has something gone awry because of a PvP related nerf? Just using as an example, though they aren't much related.

The decisions you make about the game are NOT going to please everyone. I understand that completely. I do know, for a fact, that all of the hard-up PvPers, guys at 200 with nothing to do, and those who build strategies around certain weapons or what have you, did NOT ask for 50% crit. Now then, since those aforementioned "few" make up a scant 99 PERCENT of the daily PvP community.. why did you do it? It amazes me when you guys "fix" something no one else mentioned or wanted. I think its about time that you guys start making for the community out here, and not what YOU want.
    Last edited by Mundane; Nov 6th, 2002 at 02:05:53.

You guys are forgetting something: FC first wanted to nerf LLTS, because insane crit chance creates imblance in pvp. ppl complain, so they tried to come up with more solutions, which got more people mad. Finally, they got this final solution: cut Crit chance in PvP.
    It might not be perfect, but it's the best it can get.

Still waits to see if the team health bar is fixed (again)...

hehe all you people who told me 200 was boring...why? I am having a ball! Hmm wait you left, I guess that IS boring...oh well..maybe I am as blonde as I look, if I were smarted would I enjoy this less? Oh well, hugs.
    *runs off to play*
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Thumbs up Two thumbs up!!

I like the new patch. good work!
    "From the bowels of their cities. We will rise and they will flee from our rage, like a coward who faces his grown bully toy".

Sewerlord - Leader of Sewer Rats [Atlantean]

Cazron - Sewer Rats Surface Clan Head [Atlantean]

Araseth - Reincarnation of Desposed Shadow Rangers Leader on Rimor [Atlantean]

pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Phione, are you saying the LLTS as such will *not* be changed, and can you direct me to an offical Funcom statement to this effect? If this is indeed the case, I have no problems with the 50% crit chance reduction in PvP.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Heh

I like the patch notes, and aside from the fact that the games gonna be down 6 hours, it looks promising.

I guess I find it amusing that after all this time people don't seem to understand that:

1. This is Funcom's game.
    2. Ultimately it's their vision on how the game should run.
    3. They aren't really obligated to make people happy.
    4. They can decide to shut down anytime they want to.
    5. In any disagreement with their policies, refer to #1.

"But I pay <X> dollars a month! It's my game!" some might say. Heh, um...no

Anyway, back on topic, I'm glad that the patch seems to address some of the annoying bugs or burps that have been showing up in play.

What I'm gonna say is very obvious and to the point. Anyone with any common sense will know I speak the truth. But here goes anyway.

You people need to stop whining about pvp balance. We all know there will never be "balance" Some class will always be stronger then others. If you don't like it. Just don't pvp. If you can't live without pvp, find another game to play that is more pvp oriented. Whining on the fourm will do nothing cause past history has proven that. No matter what we say, Funcom will go their own way and do what they think is right. So let them do what they need to do. If they screw up, then they lose customer. If they suceed, then more people will come back to the game. Whining isn't gonna get you anywhere but make you look worst to other people.

Smile nice patch!

Nice patch i like it =) GJ funcom
    Syryx, nanotechician by trade, proud member of Shadow Ops and part-time leet

"that's not a bug, that's a feature"

I LOVE CZ, I LOVE FUNCOM, I LOVE THIS PATCH! WOHOO! PLAYING TOONTOWN DURING PATCHING 2 MINIMIZE THE WAIT! OH BOY! CANT WAIT! CZ! LOVE YOU! FUNCOM! BRING IT ON! YEAAHOO!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Re: nice patch!

Originally posted by Syryx
    Nice patch i like it =) GJ funcom
    Oh, it's live already? That was fast.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Originally posted by Derrien
    im one of the best pvp'er on rk3
    Hahaha

Talking

Its ppl like you who want CRIT CRIT CRIT that has forced funcom to do this...... damn you and your search for 100% crit...... try some tactical work you whinging moaning wimp.

Arent ransack and deprives enough ? Apparrently not.

Damn moaning OMNI SCUM

Bow buff!

*sigh* no MA bow buff. I pvp some not sure if i really want those long fights that u(FC) want.Take Tir Arena as an example then will we just get people that either kill u in 3 shots and if they cant they will just run and zone?we will see wont we hmm.But i really like some of the fixes that u have done in this patch,but why do mobs parry my dimach so often?30 min recharge then it get parryed 80% of the time really frustrating, it is called a soul attack and should hit every time.thx for the low lvl subway dun gonna be fun i bet . I think i will not take my MA to pvp now though i think i will be owned by every other class without the crits i need.Time for my doc to go pvp instead i guess.
    hehe i jump a lot in my subjects dont i?Wen-wen works now great if they do
    Since ur nerfing the crits i will nag for more MA weapons,give us some ninja stuff throwing stars and such maybe or throwing knifes whatever.Compensate me
    And to the traders i agree wtf are we gonna use on those chars now.
    Thank god is only in pvp or a else who would ever use a vektor again!

What happened with :
    - The start-up pistol many professions get can now be built and modified. Note that all versions of this pistol are no-drop.

- There are some "Engineering News" in the shops.

There is a bug with grenades, it say it is stackable, but it got Unique tag, so you are only able to make one at a time...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567