Thread: Nasty Bugs since 14.6

Nasty Bugs since 14.6

Please check on the following things as there is something very strange going on:
    - Distracting Sphere pets (for the MP) really screw up combat. For some reason they cause they are attacking to save up all of their attacks and fire them off at once.
    e.g.
    ...combat starts, combat and distract pet attack
    ...distract pet effect goes off on the mob
    ...mob stands there looking stupid for a while while we beat on it.
    ...suddenly get spammed with 5-15 attacks (and sometimes die) instantly (in less than 1/4 second)

-Melee and ranged attacks now black hole just like direct damage (i.e. you attack...and nothing is displayed in chat). This is not my imagination as I have watched it closely. Fairly often an attack/recharge cycle will go by and I will get no You missed X, X Parried your attack, or You hit X for Y damage message at all. Sometimes this will go on for 3-4 combat rounds. Sometimes the whole fight. I still get all the messages about being damaged by the mob and I still see my pets hurting the mob.

-Health bar does not update properly.
    I can be in a fight and appear not to have been hurt at all (client not getting damage notification), but use a heal stim on myself and heal more than 1/4 of my health (which the client was never told I lost). I have died with no message previously due to this and really hope you can track it down.

All 3 of the above are new since 14.6.0

-Religion

Re: Nasty Bugs since 14.6

Originally posted by religion
    For some reason they cause they are attacking to save up all of their attacks and fire them off at once.

All 3 of the above are new since 14.6.0
    At least the first one is not. The bug has been there for a long time and has caused a lot of harm, besides that it is the main reason why the mez pet sucks. (Not to mention that it doesnt mez.) However, a fix has been promised. Sometime ago.

Yes, that is pretty annoying, it seems to be related to lag and their new code that is trying to sync the client and server more reliably. I believe that it was always doing this, but it has become more noticable to us since the patch last week.

Usually I see it once or twice during every fight. Everything is working fine, and then there are several seconds with no updates. Then suddenly there are a bunch of hit notices together. Lag for sure. I usually hit the heal button a few times when I see those lags, in hopes that I will heal once before I die

What really puzzles me is the fact that I play EQ as well as AO, and EQ just doesn't have these kinds of lag spikes. I figure this is either lousy netcode or insufficient network for the number of users at Funcom's servers. Either way, I wish they could fix it, but I doubt it is a simply software change.

Re: Nasty Bugs since 14.6

Originally posted by religion
    Please check on the following things as there is something very strange going on:
    - Distracting Sphere pets (for the MP) really screw up combat. For some reason they cause they are attacking to save up all of their attacks and fire them off at once.
    e.g.
    ...combat starts, combat and distract pet attack
    ...distract pet effect goes off on the mob
    ...mob stands there looking stupid for a while while we beat on it.
    ...suddenly get spammed with 5-15 attacks (and sometimes die) instantly (in less than 1/4 second)

That bug has existed for some time. It is not lag related because any healing done during the time when the mob stands there looking stupid goes into effect immediately as opposed to after the mob spams his damage, and thus is incapable of stemming the tide of death. This bug is extremely serious IMO because it is highly exploitable when used against other players.
    Last edited by PipBoy; Nov 13th, 2002 at 19:45:07.

A quick note.

Has anyone seen the other things listed above? I get them all the time, but don't really see them mentioned.

I wasn't aware that the Mez pet has always done that (ouch) as I hadn't really played an MP untill recently.

The other things seem to occur with all of my characters recently. I remember something similiar happening (and being fixed) after a patch a while back...

-Religion

I have seen some of the stuff, no dmg messages for instance happens a lot, i see the mob double hitting me, but that is probably 2 single hits just reported together.

I have also seen the hp bar drop after a hit, then jump back up a bit when my dot pulses, sort of puzzling.

And i agree eq doesen't seem to have this kind of sync problem, but maybe there code is written differently.

I've observed a odd thing today besides the double hits... no hits-no report of misses. hits where I hit 3 times instead of just 1 time.. (very odd)

Anyways I adjusted my map after I had just ding'd and pressed the U for the abilities.. raised my stamina which went up and I mean UP!! I had 6.8K in IP in it when I only had 4K in IP in 'unspent IP'. I hit the reverse and regained 6.8K in IP it zeroed my bar down (its slightly blue so it made it look like I had removed all my stamina. I didnt want to hit accept and collect either 6.8K in IP in stamina.. I'm not sure exactly how this would have affected me.. but hey I was only on my lvl 10 fixer so I wouldnt have cried a whole lot if I gained 6.8K or lost it at that level.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

I haven't experienced #3 yet, but #1 has always happened and no, they are most likely not going to fix it ("The Meta-Physicist profession is working as intended.").

#2 is the most annoying though. It's got something to do with the old double animations. Did you ever notice how whenever you did a double-shot, one of them ALWAYS hit? If you missed, you'd only do a single shot which would blackhole just like they are now.

It seems that since they've cut out the double-shots the occurence of missing without any message has gone up x10 at least. Pretty annoying, especially with my enf's hammer. :P
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"