Thread: Funcoms attempt at fixing the screwed up economy with pumpkins?

Funcoms attempt at fixing the screwed up economy with pumpkins?

Now that old school FA's and Sunbursts are droppin do you think that it will get rid of some of the excess creds out there?

unfortunately i still saw a ql 189 Sunburst gettin bought for 250m

I can say for sure that the economy was not part of the equation when planning this.

Re: Funcoms attempt at fixing the screwed up economy with pumpkins?

Originally posted by bk4u
    Now that old school FA's and Sunbursts are droppin do you think that it will get rid of some of the excess creds out there?

unfortunately i still saw a ql 189 Sunburst gettin bought for 250m
    when people buy from people it does not take any money out of the economy. How is this supposed to be a money sink?

oh, and what Cz said
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

well thats a sinking feeling...

the game economy should be equated into everything in the game, shouldn't it?

I would love some insight into bk4u's thought processes

No offense, of course...
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Originally posted by bk4u
    well thats a sinking feeling...

the game economy should be equated into everything in the game, shouldn't it?
    are you saying that putting a LOT of rares on the market devaluates them?

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    are you saying that putting a LOT of rares on the market devaluates them?
    Yes it does.

His point is valid and was something that passed thru my head also. He didn't say it was an attempted money-sink. Why did you come up with that stupid assumption?

He said it would it would equate the economy, or "balance" the economy. I.e FA's will no doubt drop in price with the introduction of more. Rarety decides price. More FA's, less rarity. Less price.

In a perfectly balanced economy, another "usefull" item, tho not so rare, would go for the same amount of money. I.e WTS QL100 FA 1M. WTS QL100 Novaflow 1M.

C'mon, this is simple economics...
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

dont forget to mention the impact of the sunburst on pvp..it simply is unstoppabe...how thoughtful..now we have a few more people that will always be better than everyone else, no matter how hard the others try..

i think it was good intention, but it seems funcom's devs are young, as i know they are, and they don't seem to think rationally about what their decisions do to the players..
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Wha-Ha!

Yes it does.

His point is valid and was something that passed thru my head also. He didn't say it was an attempted money-sink. Why did you come up with that stupid assumption?

He said it would it would equate the economy, or "balance" the economy. I.e FA's will no doubt drop in price with the introduction of more. Rarety decides price. More FA's, less rarity. Less price.

In a perfectly balanced economy, another "usefull" item, tho not so rare, would go for the same amount of money. I.e WTS QL100 FA 1M. WTS QL100 Novaflow 1M.

C'mon, this is simple economics...
    well maybe it is a little more complex economics, but if a few people have 999,999,999 credits on 8 chars then the price of everything they want to own is going to be inflated.

the ammounts being bid will not go down apriciably at all, you will just see more money passed around more often. The selling spree will end in a few days, and then prices will be about the same.

The only way to reduce inflation is to increase the value of one cred. The only way to do that is to reduce the # of credits in the system.

for example, if you want 1 cred to buy twice as much as it does now they you have to halve the number of creds in the game.

not simple economics, but the way economics work.

If the US produced twice as many products as it does, and prints twice the ammount of money, the value of the dollar STILL HALVES.

and you still pay twice as much for the "surplus" items.

ROFLOL

Give Funcom some credit, they understand that the economic system is beyond hope. I expect Shadowlands to have a completely new system and your credits won't translate. Starting over is the only way at this point.

Scorus

How about a tax? 8% montly tax goes to RK umpty-squat org.

LOL..I crack me up..I would hate this.....but it WOULD help. Just like RL.

If they introduce tax, I'm out of here.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Scorus
    Give Funcom some credit, they understand that the economic system is beyond hope. I expect Shadowlands to have a completely new system and your credits won't translate. Starting over is the only way at this point.

Scorus
    Nnnnoooooooo!!

/me holds on to her 16mil, even though it's hardly anything for her level
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.