Thread: Karanya's Last Post

Exclamation Karanya's Last Post

((Amusingly enough, as I was posting this message, I was again banned from the boards. So I've asked a friend to post on my behalf)).

As you all know, my account is cancelled and expires on Nov. 11th. No need to get into that here, I've already covered the why's and such elsewhere.

I just want to let you all know I'll no longer be reading/posting on the boards. I was going to wait until my account runs out but, eh, I've had enough. I will NOT be renewing my account, having given it a good deal of thought as to whether I wanted to keep that option open or not. Anyone who needs/wants anything or any friends who would like to talk are always welcome to email me at:

lucifers_sister@mail2hell.com (work)
    rmhtxpsd1@msn.com (home)

Last words of advice, from Ms. Patch-jumping-flavor-of-the-month-twinked-out-n00b-killing-arena-ganking-title-farming-GA-wearing-ebaying-ph1xxxx0r:

Question authority. Ignore the masses and draw your own conclusions. Don't try too hard to fit in. Be different, do your own thing, be the fixer you want to be, not a clone of someone you think is uber. Don't pass judgement on professions you don't play, because you'll only wind up sticking your foot in your mouth (see above on ignoring the masses). Keep your sense of humor & learn to laugh at situations even when they do not favor you. Don't let the bastards drain you dry. Learn to use your /ignore command, and use it as often as you need to. And above all, have fun, whatever that means to you.. decide that yourself.. but if you're not having fun, it's time to cancel and move on.

Good luck to you all, and special thanks to all the people (fixers and not, still playing or not) who made my time in AO and on the boards enjoyable and interesting: Andrias, Amnra, Apokrophous, Arugula, Batanen, Big Bertha, Bettybob, Bima, Chensit, Demenzia, Docquest, Dorfone, Dharin, Dreamr, Ekasel, Endarron, Evildiddy, Fretter, Gene13, Goodz, Gomezzz, Gondul, Howlen, Huitzilapotl, Jorji, Katylenfaith, Kawalski, lilnymph, Mercinax, Missme, Munkeezon, Narshu, Pajainen, Portlymort, Pvthandley, Qwikz, Raisins, Redhornet, Sanjuu, Senatorchan, Shub, Skeena, Soultap, Sterbefall, Streaz18, Teufeldieb, Theaf, Tnekmeister, Ubaon, Vaeris, Vandamar, Whitesand, Xellina, Yaella, Yiffin..
    and dozens more I can't can think of because I'm at work and can't see my friends list Apologies to everyone I left out.

/me removes AO Forums from bookmarks.

Thanks to all for the memories.

--K

/me waves
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Well, **** [insert 4 letter word of your choice here]
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Finally got rid of that Patch-jumping-flavor-of-the-month-twinked-out-n00b-killing-arena-ganking-title-farming-GA-wearing-ebaying-ph1xxxx0r.

NEXT
    Run Buffed Fixers finish fast
    Devgodz on Amnra

/me snuffs out a candle.
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

*bows her head in a moment of silence*

See you on the other side, Kara.

- X
    Jolynn "Xellina" Gomes
    The Mockers

Now get out of here, kid, you bother me.

*A room filled with candles somewhere. The moons shining in through windows, gauzy drapes fluttering in the wind. The walls lined with ledges, every ledge containing a mass of candles, illuminating the room.
    A trellice door opens slowly as a figure in a old, worn aba walks inside, sand blowing in around his feet before the door is closed. A crackling of sand between boots and the stone floor as the figure crosses the room to the other side. Silence as an arm is extended, a calloused hand reaches out from the folds of the desert robe before two fingers slowly pinches out another candle with a sigh. A moment of silence, words silently whispered behind the covering veil before the figure walks out into the desert night again, shoulders held lower than before.*

Goodbye Kara, even we who never got to speak to you, will miss you.
    Last edited by Serraglio; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 01:54:03.
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

/me sadly crosses another name off the list of people she considers "old school" fixers in this game.

hugs and enjoy what you go onto

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

About ****ing time, you patch-jumping-flavor-of-the-month-twinked-out-n00b-killing-arena-ganking-title-farming-GA-wearing-ebaying-ph1xxxx0r!

/s Send in the next noob!

((I'm afraid this place suddenly got a helluvalotta boringer))

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

*sob*
    /me waves
    Bye Karanya... stay safe girl, ya hear!
    *sob*
    Had a good time...

Fixers snuffing out like rock and roll stars at age 27. Say Hi to Elvis, Jim, Jimmy, and Janice for us 8(

We will miss your wit and humor and rants K. Take care of yourself and always remember the advice my grand daddy gave to me before he departed this ****ty old world. "Son, If it flies, floats, or f***s, it's cheaper to rent it."
    Bad Fixer
    Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est!

Elvis ain't dead.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Elvis just went home.

G'night and g'luck, Kara...was always fun reading your posts
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Hahaha.. you can stop nerfing me, Cz.. I'm gone.

I wouldn't have even known about things like this still occuring if it weren't for friends emailing me to let me know my goodbye to the fixers of Rubi-ka was beacon warped and my signature had been modified.. etc.

Take a deep breath.. let it out..

Is it really necessary to keep kicking someone once you've got them eating dirt?

--K, on a different account

I'll just miss the free stuff.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Karanya_

I LIED!!

The decision to not renew my account and to cease using the forums was based on certain policies regarding the moderation of the message boards.

There's just something about getting the door slammed and locked behind you on the way out, that makes you want to go back.. especially when you find out your belongings are being vandalized. (Bad metaphor, yes, but it applies.)

Doesn't mean I'm a paying customer anymore, but I'll be posting until I run out of credit cards to make 7 day free trial accounts with, or I achieve closure.. *chuckle*

Sorry to disappoint those who were celebrating my demise

--K