Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No IPR points or full reset with 14.6

"Being a tool is expensive" -once said by a friend of mine while referring to a punker's clothing bill
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Personally I wouldn't mind having 1000 IPR points, it just means I can experiment with a lot of high level weapons without having to level too many chars to high level which is a good thing for me. Though I don't really need more IPRs for now. I'd say let them keep the full IPR to give us for when they are closed to fixing/balancing most professions.

Thank you Funcom for gimping my character with all your nerfs thank you very much for making more then a year of game play wasted.

I planed my charcter acroding to current system and now when you change it you leave me unable to change....

Very smart moves maybe now should rename the game into Gimps Online?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

agreed julia , i've the same problem:/

Still got all my reset points, because I never bothered going with the latest fashion .... those that did I can only say "you knew the rules would change (when havent they?), you knew they said no more ip points...and you used them..so shush and reroll if your that intent on being uber"

IF they ever do add more it will be a bonus, not some "right" that you deserve cause you spent them all in the space of 2-3 patches
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Smile My thoughts ...

I hate to side with the developers on this one .. but I really think the IPR system they came up with is good enough to weather a character through any number of minor changes in the future. I think it was designed that way by continuing to offer points as you change titles. I think those who are asking for more IPR with each patch are just asking for too much. You probably haven't been using your IPR points very wisely. Just my opinion, I'm hoping not to offend anyone.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Ok Cz, thats nice dear, you told me im wrong. now do the 2nd part. tell me why. its like your math teacher always told you to right out the problem instead of just coming up with the answer. Explian WHY you wont be providing IPR pts.

..because right now, to me, this just seems like you guys are happy to finally put a brick on our heads (OE'ing being the first attempt).
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

Heh, why do we need more IPR points?

/me looks at her 15 unspent IPR points.

Hey CZ if theres ever another ipr implented can i have the top gear also so i wont have to do jack :)~
    Infamine 200 soljah

do u realy think it's a minor change ?
    if they're changing the rulez every patch , players cannot follow that with that ipr , it's just insane :/

Why we need IPR.

basicaly after 14.6 scopes will be uesless for most of people we also will need to change weapons.

Basicaly people been building their characters according to current pvp system where all you need is to get good scope in and good crit gun. I checked with damge calculator that X-3 will do mroe damge then my Raid Missle Pistol with 15 scope at halefd crit. So i need to go X-3 ot Manex but i cant i dont have IP and i dont have IPR to reset Shotgun and Pistol so i can raise SMG and Burst.

Then upcoming changes to scopes and so on...

I realy hope funcom will give us second chance before booster so we can adjust our character to new system.

Can we get that info plz?

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Yazule

What drastic gimping changes are happening to MA's???????
    Apperently they >Dont< want to use their trade skills anymore

But scopes only use 2 skills.. and at lvl150+ i think you have 10 points if you havent used them for something stupid.

heh,what changes are happening to MA's?
    Besides the shen nerf in patch notes FC in an indirect nerf hitting MA's hard is taking away the best bow that we have,the reet-tech junior crossbow...they're making the primary skill rifle now instead of bow.

Any MA that has a clue of what he's doin at high lv KNOWS that he needs to have some type of ranged attack for when hes pinned down at a distance or when he's hovering around the enemies attack range before a big skirmish....these MA have gone 1 of 2 ways..River6 or reet-tech crossbow...both of which are soon to be made useless by the new patch,either by FC nerfing the requirements(reet-tech)or by halving crit chance in PvP(ruining the highly crit-reliant River6)

No bow in game so far is worth permanantly equipping so theyre used mainly to start combat from a distance as u run in to fight with fists....no bow can match the reet-techs nearly instant .5 sec equip time..

Bow is gone for MA thats 4 skills...bow,bow special,aimed shot,and fling that will need reseting if there are no decent bow alternatives....then if they actually DO nerf LLTS add 2 more tradeskills that need resetting...thats 6 total skills rendered useless in just a single patch

I have 11 IPR points on my char yet but if i cant find something to fill in the gap left by my bow and scope i will be using alotta points for a single patch....what about others that have experimented more than me?some wont have the IPR points to use their ip for new weapons they will need.Is this how FC intends to treat their senior players?people spend over a year with their main char's only to have them crippled when FC changes the game on us......that just aint cool.
    FC needs to toss in a few reset points every time they hit us with a major patch like this
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

Post WHEW

To think, the day before yesterday (halloween day) I came thiiis close to changing back to my Snakemaster that I missed so much and dropping the X-3 that Ive been trying out for the past couple months.. I realized that I just liked the Ithaca better and missed the fast AS.. Well on Halloween i decided that I would definately use some more IPR to switch back to Ithaca. Then realized that I would not have enough time to do it all before I had to leave to a Halloween party and decided I would wait till the next day.. Before logging in AO yesterday, I discovered that there were finally patch notes.. I am DAMN glad those patch notes came out yesterday...

I have always been extremely hard pressed to use any IPR cause I know that Funcom will be making changes in all future patches that might affect me to where I would be FORCED to use them.. When they gave us these IPRs , they specifically said to Use them wisely... So that is what I did..

I feel sorry for everyone that is out of IPRs, but hey, I must say, that was pretty fast to wipe through all your IPRs knowing full well that there are more balancing issues to be dealt with + a booster coming up + an expansion + whatever else after that!

Dont worry, I am almost sure they will add more IPRs in the future some way or another..

Sorzella 166 NonoHPmage Nerftechnician
    Advisor of Eclipse

The level of dependance on critical hits the playerbase has rivals that of the worst crack fiends I've seen on the streets. People designed their characters to be utterly dependant on achieving a critical hit. Now that's its time to live with that decision, they want to bail?

When FC announced the introduction of IPR, this is pretty much the reason why I was opposed to it. People wanting more and more of them everytime something new gets introduced or the rules don't swing their way.

I used the full IPR that was offered to get my trader out of shotguns (went with bows). And I haven't used a reset point after that day. Am I gimped? Prolly. But at least I have an identity of my own
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

So don't PvP.

There are no nerfs affecting regular gameplay.
    If I went up to one of my high lvl trader friends and asked him if he was going to stop using his snakemaster because of the pvp crit dmg changes, they would be like wtf?!

You gimp yourself if you change weapons constantly to PvP. It's supposed to be dynamic world were professions rise and fall in power. If one class was just the god class nobody would play anything else.

It's common knowledge that the only way to be assured a win in pvp now is llts + snakemaster + (clarity X 2) = death. It's supposed to be a lucky hit, not a 70% of the time lucky hits.

Sure its fun to win but you are twinking yourself towards such a minor aspect of the game. Nobody sits in Tir arena for 12 hrs a day killing newbs for pinkys'. Half the fun is getting there.

Originally posted by DraconianXP
    So don't PvP.
    LOL!

Sorry but istn the whole concept of booster pack is PvP? There is nothing for me to do besides pvp...

untill my main is 150+ , 90% of my play time is pvp ....

Why be stingy?

Not sure why FC has to be stingy here...

A standard policy of adding one Ipr every patch does not seem over the top to me.

As new weapons are added, and game features change, this would allow people who enjoy optimizing to continue to enjoy and grow with the game --

Be our advocate CZ !
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

Cz, since you don't give us anything similar to an explanation for why Funcom deems extra IPR for th 14.6 patch unnecessary, I am left with my own speculations:

The explanation could be purely business-related, that is, more gimped chars = more rerollers = more playing time= more $ to FC? After all, what other significant reason can there be for not making players happy in a non-unbalancing way? Nobody would complain if they recieved a one or more extra IPR points.

I could, of course, be way off my mark here, but don't have much to go on... I cannot find one good reason to leave all the players with crit-dependant weapons with 'long faces' after 14.6, when it could be so very easy to give out an IPR or two.... or seven We care too much about our characters to 'turn the other cheek' when they are rendered obsolete by a patch - many of us feel cheated of the time and effort spent on building strong chars.

I know this is a dynamic world, but some changes make too much of an impact for a great deal of players, to simply correct using IP gained from further leveling.. wasted IP is always wasted IP= gimped char.

If you have a better explanation, I'm all ears

/me hopes for in-game implementation of earning IPR points for my 4 wasted skills.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast