Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No IPR points or full reset with 14.6

Proposal: Allow the character to atrophy skills at a rate proportional to the IP generated from xp earned. For instance if it takes a character 4 million xp to get from level X to level Y and that 4 million xp generates a total of 20,000 IP points, that character could effectively atrophy one or more skills to a degree and gain back a total of 20K IP within that level. Couple of bad things, since the number of IP gained is based on title level rather than actual level, the closer you come to each new title level, the longer it would take to atrophy a skill as it takes more xp to generate the same IP within that title level (not that big of a deal). The other bad thing is, not sure how to apply this for level 200s. You might even take it one step further and associate a cost as Superslag has suggested.
    great Idea, this I could get behind

while buying ipr is a great idea i think tokens would be a better exchanged for ipr points we have excessive amounts of them and if you need more you whore up more missions say 500-700 tokens for 1 ipr

not everyone wants to spend all day or has the time to blitz 40mil to buy ipr and not everyone has had the opportunity to sell those uber items that get you a instant 200mil :/

but some way of earning ipr would be alot better than fc just giving them to us

Sorry I dont agree, there has to be a benifit to the game somehow with IPR's if they are handed out. Only way I can see this is to drain the excess money at obnoxious rates. Getting 200 million is easier than 700 tokens fyi , and when all the money gets soaked up, there will BE NO WAY to make an easy 200 million.... that is good... and then they can adjust the "fee" for IPR more.

Its gotta COST YOU SOMETHING YOU VALUE to work at all if it is going to be done. How much do you "value" your EXTRA tokens? umm, not at all I would guess, they dont do anything for you.

in the end it people should just deal with it and NOT USE IPR TO TWEEK TWINK CHARS... or not complain when they aint got no more.

but we all know that is my opinion

(nothin against you gwend, I like your posts, and respect your advice, we just dont agree on this topic)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

when booster comes out towers will be the money sink ^^ as for my 2500 tokens :/

but i like the earn ipr back through xp asherons call 2 uses that method works great
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Justification for extra IPR

Drabin, I respect your arguments, but your reasoning is flawed because you omit to include the fact that Funcom, when they stopped LLTS from dropping, clearly said they were *not* removing them from the game, so we should treasure the ones already there. To me, that sounds like Funcom intended them to remain in the game, the same way as the Freedom Arms 3927, as an item to covet and work hard to obtain.

It is not the players' fault that Funcom now decide to render LLTS obsolete with this nerf, thus going back on their word. Therefore, it is only fair to those of us who spent many many levels worth of IP in skills that will be of no value after the next nerf, be compensated for the wasted IP. IPR points already given at new title levels don't enter into the equation, as these points were not intended to rectify Funcoms's mistakes, but rather the players' own mistakes, IMO. Playing by rules expressed very specifically by funcom, is not a player mistake.
    Last edited by Bothead; Nov 6th, 2002 at 09:26:05.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Re: Justification for extra IPR

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    Drabin, I respect your arguments, but your reasoning is flawed because you omit to include the fact that Funcom, when they stopped LLTS from dropping, clearly said they were *not* removing them from the game, so we should treasure the ones already there. To me, that sounds like Funcom intended them to remain in the game, the same way as the Freedom Arms 3927, as an item to covet and work hard to obtain.

It is not the players' fault that Funcom now decide to render LLTS obsolete with this nerf, thus going back on their word. Therefore, it is only fair to those of us who spent many many levels worth of IP in skills that will be of no value after the next nerf, be compensated for the wasted IP. IPR points already given at new title levels don't enter into the equation, as these points were not intended to rectify Funcoms's mistakes, but rather the players' own mistakes, IMO. Playing by rules expressed very specifically by funcom, is not a player mistake.
    Agreed.

The solution is simple. Make quests / missions for IPR points. They should be hard, but no more god damn camping tho. Perhaps an uberhard IPR mob. Whatever. There is probably tons of ideas in the heads of the Devs already.

Full IPR should be something you -cannot- obtain. That should -only- be given out by FC when alot of -serious- changes to the game mechanics have been implemented.

I have all my IPR still, because, quite frankly, not much have happened over in the Enf Camp the last .. 1 1/2 years of AO.

But for others the situation is clearly another.

I think it would be a wise move to implement IPR point Quests/Mobs/Missions due next patch. 14.8 anyone?
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

IMHO, we can't have full IPRs every time they change the game, cause they do that every patch. Would be much better to just reset everyone to level 1 each patch then...

I would rather like to see some way of earning IPR points in-game. Maybe they could introduce several quests that could only be completed once by each character that would give IPR.

Another option is the money drain Superslang suggested. I do not believe in letting people buy IP, but buying IPR for lots of money is a good idea IMO.

Or maybe both?
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

??

Why dont we who reached 200 get free ipr??

I mean it isnt possible for us to gain anymore ipr points, and i didnt se any ipr points from 190-200 :/

Silly when things changes(patches) and i need to reconsider my skills, and i cant do anything about it.(or if i just want to test some things now when i cant lvl more)

Safe travels !!
    Last edited by Sannoz; Nov 6th, 2002 at 12:29:03.
    -Sannoz Rk2 210
    -Sannoz4 Rk1 180

"Sigh well back again "

Yeah, I agree, at least lvl 200s should get more IPR points, as they cannot level to raise skills like everyone else. Someone somewhere suggested lvl 200-only quests for IPR points.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

hee hee, hows about an ITEM on IIAN WAR that gives 1 ipr, and drops 1 in 100

*evil smile*
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234