Thread: Bronto Hide Hunting

Thumbs down Bronto Hide Hunting

Hi,

not sure if this will generate any responses....but worth a try...

Young Brontos appear to have stopped dropping their hides - they just drop either normal meat, pelted monster parts or the NODROP Nodda Gregg quest parts (Bronto Meat and Bronto Prime Ribs)...

I've tried Herder's Hole and think it's called Newland Oasis - my 'normal' hunting grounds and found nothing after killing several dozen. I haven't even taken the time to see what Bronto Mamas are up to after being so disappointed.

So if anybody has some further info on this or can suggest new hunting grounds, just to see if it's a planet wide nerf, I would appreciate it.

If this has already been discussed then point me in the right direction because I can't find any threads on this.

Regards, Eta.

Try team missions, they still drop there. Not often, but they drop. Can be found on boss mobs, on regular mobs (I think) and in chests.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Kzak
    Try team missions, they still drop there. Not often, but they drop. Can be found on boss mobs, on regular mobs (I think) and in chests.
    Thanks Kzak appreciate your reply, but I'm not looking for uber QL stuff, just the old ~QL5-25 hides for low level use - I can't roll anywhere neat that now. Plus I'm an NT so was almost able to obtain the parts for full sets (-Large Hard of course) with 1 nuke rather than getting lucky once every few missions.

Regards, Eta

Ah. :> Well, looks like the brontos have, as you said, been tuned in to meat-production instead of hide. Perhaps you should talk to Bronto-Burger (i.e. a Dev) about the ethical practices concerning young brontos, and why hide suddenly isn't available.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I'm don't know much about bronto hide drop rates or QL, but two nights ago my noob Engi alt (lvl 11 at the time) found a bronto hide part on a Young or Mini Bronto in Greater Tir County while looking for the ribs and meat for Nodda's quest. First and only time so far, I guess we killed about 15-20 brontos total before me and my team mate had the quest parts we needed.

Just thought you'd like to know
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

The Bronto Mamas in Andromeda are a great source for bronto hide peices, and they seem to be too high ql mobs to be part of the bronto meat quests.

They drop around ql40- 60, and are my prime source of bronto armor for lowbie friends.

Theres no real 'camp' for em, you'll just need to fly around and tabb them out
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    I'm don't know much about bronto hide drop rates or QL, but two nights ago my noob Engi alt (lvl 11 at the time) found a bronto hide part on a Young or Mini Bronto in Greater Tir County while looking for the ribs and meat for Nodda's quest. First and only time so far, I guess we killed about 15-20 brontos total before me and my team mate had the quest parts we needed.

Just thought you'd like to know
    Thanks for taking the time for reply Smacdevil...

Well, from what you said it looks like the hide drops have almost been superseded by Nodda's quest parts i.e. where in the past they would drop a hide, they now drop a Nodda Gregg part at the same rate...

Hmmmmm, strange way of implementing Nodda...however, the fact that you found one bit means that there's hope at least.

Looks like the hunt will just take a LOT LOT longer nowadays...

Coincidentally, the bronto armor is for my noob Engi (lvl 16 atm - cute). He has a complete QL21-22 set (again, apart from tunic) - But needed 1 Large Patch of Soft Bronto hide to bring his pants (currently QL11) in line with the rest....that's when I found out that they didn't appear to drop anymore...

I'll check out some bronto mamas to see if they have stopped dropping stuff (hides that is ).

Regards, Eta

Originally posted by Hangtown
    The Bronto Mamas in Andromeda are a great source for bronto hide peices, and they seem to be too high ql mobs to be part of the bronto meat quests.

They drop around ql40- 60, and are my prime source of bronto armor for lowbie friends.

Theres no real 'camp' for em, you'll just need to fly around and tabb them out
    Wow, great response Hangtown and others - have a bit more faith in the boards now.

Maybe I won't have to check out the mamas after all...

Looks like they are still dropping there normal stuff - My engi already has his ~QL60 set ready and waiting to grow into. Interestingly you say that there was bits as low as QL40...that's cool - I don't have any QL40 bits to make a set just: -

~QL5 (for when he was newspawn)
    ~QL10 for mid title 1 (lol)
    ~QL20 for start of title level2 and..
    ~QL60 for approaching title 3

~QL40 stuff would be a nice step...

Regards, Eta

Yeah I think hide drops have well.. dropped.

I just killed the entire NLD oasis dynacamp 5 times in a row including 3 bosses and have 2 pieces to show for it

Spizmack - Fighting the mission monotony through submission