Thread: You have a better program running...

You have a better program running...

An annoying bug has shown its face recently...

90% of the time when I am trying to refresh my drains, i get the message saying that I have a better program running. Which, is not the case, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this..

Anyone else having this problem?

Arrow

Playing with other traders in the team? Their drains are better

Should never happen if you're the only trader around, unless you messed up your quickbars somehow
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

How about this one...

I was morphed into Sparrow Flight with my adventurer, and some fixer casted Leech Grid Vector or something like that on me.

Not only did my morph disappear, I couldn't re-cast Sparrow flight on myself: Error! Better program running!

Talk about stirring up profession envy! "Better Program"?! OK, it does add more runspeed, but apart from the fact that both nanos add to runspeed, how can one be better than the other, given the fact that the morph, in addition to adding to runspeed also changes shape, adds to evades, and modifies max health? What does one have to do with the other?! Nice to know that fixers get the "better" program. As if I had any doubt... =/

Well, I'd love to say...Duh...but I'm not that dumb....

As I said earlier, I was trying to refresh with the SAME drain that I was using before...and still got the error...

Re: How about this one...

Originally posted by Jafwo
    Talk about stirring up profession envy! "Better Program"?! OK, it does add more runspeed, but apart from the fact that both nanos add to runspeed, how can one be better than the other, given the fact that the morph, in addition to adding to runspeed also changes shape, adds to evades, and modifies max health? What does one have to do with the other?! Nice to know that fixers get the "better" program. As if I had any doubt... =/
    Here's the reverse situation I get when I, as a fixer, team with my adventurer friend: your adventurer weapon buff is considered a better program. I don't remember exactly which pair of weapon buffs this was happening with, but the adventurer one was for less damage and more NCU. I think, but am not positive, it was for less duration too. It seems to me that every possible way I could think of comparing them, the fixer one was better, but the adventurer one always trumped it when both were executed on me.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

There was a thread on this somewhere that had the answer regarding it from FunCom.

Basically it came down to "If X buff takes 10 NCU but gives +20, and Y buff takes 15 NCU but gives +15, Y buff will take precidence since it is considered to be the more powerful nano due to NCU cost"
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Buffs that are in the same Strain, as viewd on jaydes site for example...

Its determined by NCU cost. Typicaly buffs that use similar skills are the same strain.

Another great example of this is the Engie reflect shield, that is a "better" buff that mirrior X, or RRFe despite the fact that it is only +24(?) reflect.

~sky
    Stilll Trying to find fun in this game
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.