Thread: Sunglasses of Syncopated Heartbeats (pumpkin drop) are not displayed correctly

Sunglasses of Syncopated Heartbeats (pumpkin drop) are not displayed correctly

I was lucky enough to find myself some Sunglasses of Syncopated Heartbeats tonight. When I put them on, however, I noticed that instead of one, I was wearing at least four. Two in front of my face and two sticking out of the sides of my head.

I checked Jayde's db (follow link above) and noticed that nearly everything about those glasses is the same as the Kataras, except for one thing: the Katara seems to have 7 different meshes for all breed/sex combos. The Pumpkin glasses just has the 7 meshes without the breed/sex requirements. I'm guessing this is why I'm seeing a bunch of glasses and that there are probably some stuffed away deeper inside my head as well
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

This is a problem which affects many headwear in the game...

Dillion Helm, Mk I helm, and the White Sack just to name a couple...

It basically ends up having every breed-specific mesh displayed on your head at the same time..rather ugly.

-Jayde

Well, you put on sunglasses dropped by a mean old pumpkin.. it only makes sense that they should look weird, to say the least. :>

A friend of mine (Solitus female) put on one such pair of glasses - looked like the Katara glasses, but with little 'horns' sticking out the upper edges of the glasses.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Arrow Lol yes they are bizzare

No, it really is a bug.

Shades of Lucub (nanomage shades) have the same bug, and if you look at them worn, they are at least double stacked. I bet they have at least 2 different meshes without breed/sex requirements as well.

I spotted an atrox wearing them (somehow) by being observant. He quickly took them off and zoned after I asked him about it, but not before I got a screenshot though he got banned for something else a few days later.

Albrecht tank on solitus has a similar problem. Only pads (actually 2 sets of them) on females, only body on males.

I wonder if the opifex pad alignment problems are similar.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Re: Lol yes they are bizzare

Originally posted by Mercatura

I wonder if the opifex pad alignment problems are similar.
    Alignment is a whole other issue...

Btw, I sent in a detailed bugreport on the syncopated glasses once my pair dropped. Prolly be fixed in 19.2
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Funcom is probably aware of most of the items that have these issues, just doesn't feel the need to fix them...

The fact that they still let almost all equipment look gimpy on Opifex males is testament to their attention to detail regarding these "minor" issues.

-Jayde