Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beggars

It just boils down to one thing. LAZINESS!!

Everyone starts out the same way in this game. How far and fast you progress is, for the most part, based on a person's real life traits, namely thier character. If a person has been given everything they want in RL, i.e., spoiled brat, then how can you expect them to all of a sudden change into a determined, goal oriented player? You just can't. I'm sure these players are nice people in real life, but thier character flaws show up bigtime when they know they're somewhat anonymous and don't care about anything but getting what they want. The people that get credits from me are the ones that I see willing to work for what they want, so I'm more then happy to help them out. The others though, I just ignore and think of what a better place this would be without them.
    Blehys
    Obsidian Order

"These are great days we're livin' bros. We are Jolly Green Giants walkin' the earth,...with guns."
    --Full Metal Jacket

Can we /petition to have our character and the beggar warped to a 0% zone?

Wouldn't it be great if AO provided feedback to players when then have been placed on /ignore. A constant stream of these messages might make the beggar more aware of how obnoxious he/she is being. Example:

/tell AAA gimme credatz plz help!!!!
    AAA has placed you on ignore.
    /say BBB gimme credatz plz help!!!!
    BBB has placed you on ignore.
    /s gimme credatz plz help!!!!
    CCC has placed you on ignore.
    DDD has placed you on ignore.
    EEE has placed you on ignore.
    FFF has placed you on ignore.
    GGG has placed you on ignore.
    HHH has placed you on ignore.

Just an idea.
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Angry

Beggars are just LAZY

I spendt 2 weeks blitzing battlesuits for my first yalm !!

I usually heps noobs who need help, but most of the beggars get 2 x their lvl in credits, for a lvl 10, that will be 20 credits...
    With them 20 credits he can roll 2 missions, and earn the cash himself!!

I have bought nearly 10 friends a yalm, but no way i'm gonna give 1 to a beggar
    Powerbull Ganjidoc Marweloz Nukebull

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less."
    Brendan Francis.

Originally posted by Hannibal
    I think it was very enlightening to play a newb character with no money, who is surrounded by incredably rich people. It gave me a lot of insight into how many other countries view the United States. If a person (or country) is SO rich that they could give you enough to make all your woes goes away and not even notice the loss, aren't they almost obligated to help you....? This is basically the logic used by beggars, and it also goes a long ways to explain some of the attitudes displayed by foreign governments.
    Jeez! Thats just so... dumb.
    I wont even try to explain the difference in opportunities for 3'd world countries and the industrialized contries for you.

However - AO is different. We all start out with an equal minimum opportunity. With some effort each and everyone can be self reliant. Beggars are just lazy, annoying kids and should never be given more creds than their level imho.

Epoz

Beggers Beware....

i have a specific macro for this occasion.

it is something like

/s %t STOP BEGGING FOR MONEY RETARD! x4 and swiftly follwed by a
    /ignore %t

I dont think there is more funny of a sight than to see the begger spped off into the distance as he *vainly* attempts to escape the shame.

The ones that really piss me off are the onse that politely ask for money and when i tell them no, in my own, appropriate little way (see above) they say something back to me in some language i dont even understand.

Yeah let me tell them all this right here "I DONT CARE WHAT CRAP YOU SAY CAUSE YOUR A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Any omni that goest to T raids knows that I can spam pretty hardcore when I want my point across, and beggers get that very same treatment
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

As a brand new newb I had to beg because of a serious mistake I made. I was trying to turn my ql 15 MPS into an MCS and spent all my credits in the conversion. I didn't realize that Carbonum was so expensive and was left with a half built gun and no creds. I asked around Tir, describing my exact situation. Some level 80ish guy (wish I kept his/her name) replied, asked me a few questions and gave me 6K (2K more than I asked for). Moral of the story, if you actually do need creds you can ask for them as long as your not just a lazy bum.
    Last edited by Phat_Hamster; Nov 14th, 2002 at 18:33:47.
    Your remains have not been reconstructed yet...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hampsta0101 - Clan Fixer

Originally posted by Phat_Hamster
    As a brand new newb I had to beg because of a serious mistake I made. I was trying to turn my ql 15 MPS into an MCS and spent all my credits in the conversion. I didn't realize that Carbonum was so expensive and was left with a half built gun and no creds. I asked around Tir, describing my exact situation. Some level 80ish guy (wish I kept his/her name) replied, asked me a few questions and gave me 6K (2K more than I asked for). Moral of the story, if you actually do need creds you can ask for them as long as your not just a lazy bum.
    True! I had a similiar experience, where a lower lvl character asked me for a loan (10 k) because he had messed up his weapon.
    He was polite and seemed nice, so i gave him the money.

1 day later he sends me a tell, saying he's earned the money to pay his debt to me. I tell him that it's ok and he can keep it as a gift. Then he sends a tell back insisting to settle the score.

Hehe - opened bank, gave him my old 3-slot belt and 3 NCU's and put that in trade when he payed me back.

So - in edit to my previous post - it doesnt hurt to listen to people and their stories before labeling them as lazy begging scum.

Epoz

Originally posted by Hannibal
    I think it was very enlightening to play a newb character with no money, who is surrounded by incredably rich people. It gave me a lot of insight into how many other countries view the United States. If a person (or country) is SO rich that they could give you enough to make all your woes goes away and not even notice the loss, aren't they almost obligated to help you....? This is basically the logic used by beggars, and it also goes a long ways to explain some of the attitudes displayed by foreign governments.
    Read Naomi Klein's "No Logo", stupid.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

i always want to help if i can but i like for people to be polite and tell what they need the credits for and also it depends alot on my mood..
    one thing that i hate is when i do implants for somebody and he doesnt even say thx. or somebody asks me to do all 13 implants ql 200 and gives me 0 creds now that is insulting..

Originally posted by Skymarshal
    Beggers Beware....

i have a specific macro for this occasion.

it is something like

/s %t STOP BEGGING FOR MONEY RETARD! x4 and swiftly follwed by a
    /ignore %t

I dont think there is more funny of a sight than to see the begger spped off into the distance as he *vainly* attempts to escape the shame.

The ones that really piss me off are the onse that politely ask for money and when i tell them no, in my own, appropriate little way (see above) they say something back to me in some language i dont even understand.

Yeah let me tell them all this right here "I DONT CARE WHAT CRAP YOU SAY CAUSE YOUR A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Any omni that goest to T raids knows that I can spam pretty hardcore when I want my point across, and beggers get that very same treatment
    Quick! Everyone! Make alts and ask Uncle Skymarshal for some goodies!

I either shout, 'Stop ****ing sending me tells for money %t' or I do it right back to them. ie: /tell %t 200k please. /%t tells you i don't have 200k that's why i'm asking you for it moron. /tell %t 200k please. /%t tells you are you ****ing stupid? /tell %t 200k please. Amazing what I have to stoop to in order to find entertainment in this game these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12